[0.15.5] Cannot delete empty blueprint

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Progman
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.5] Cannot delete empty blueprint

Post by Progman »

When you have an empty/unused blueprint you cannot delete the blueprint item. You have to create an actual blueprint with the blueprint item, place it in the inventory, right click on it and then select "Delete blueprints". Thats about 8 user actions to delete an empty blueprint.

The inventory already shows a button "Drop here to export to blueprint library" when holding a blueprint item or book. It should also shows an button "Drop here to delete blueprint" when holding a blueprint item or book.

sinsiliux
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.5] Cannot delete empty blueprint

Post by sinsiliux »

I'd much rather see a keyboard shortcut to delete any blueprints. Or even an option to automatically delete blueprints. I hate that they clutter my inventory, I'd much rather use the B button to open blueprints library and use blueprints from there.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

sinsiliux wrote:I'd much rather see a keyboard shortcut to delete any blueprints. Or even an option to automatically delete blueprints. I hate that they clutter my inventory, I'd much rather use the B button to open blueprints library and use blueprints from there.
Both blueprint and destruct planner should be keyboard shortcuts/buttons to click rather than inventory items.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Cribbit wrote:
sinsiliux wrote:I'd much rather see a keyboard shortcut to delete any blueprints. Or even an option to automatically delete blueprints. I hate that they clutter my inventory, I'd much rather use the B button to open blueprints library and use blueprints from there.
Both blueprint and destruct planner should be keyboard shortcuts/buttons to click rather than inventory items.
You don't want that. Both of those item types have multiple things you can configure about them and making them non-items just makes using them that much harder.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Rseding91 wrote:
Cribbit wrote:
You don't want that. Both of those item types have multiple things you can configure about them and making them non-items just makes using them that much harder.
I mean creating a new one. Having actual blueprints as items makes sense. Having the empties as items
(especially with no easy way to delete them) is a pain.

cinderblock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cinderblock »

I ran into this problem and was very confused when CTRL+Right click would not let me remove an empty blueprint. I now see from this thread that I could still make those empty blueprints into blueprints and then remove them. Seems very tedious. Would be nice to be able to remove empty blueprints just like you can remove blueprints.

uber5001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by uber5001 »

Is this going to be addressed in the upcoming GUI update? It'd be nice to have a "Drop here to delete" on the inventory screen, just like "Drop here to export to blueprint library"

Return to “Minor issues”