16 x 16 balancer?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

16 x 16 balancer?

Post by Rylant »

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a 16x16 balancer out there with the throughput not reduced? Or throughput reduced as little as possible? I know that the complications for a 16x16 balancer may make it so throughput reduction is not possible, but wanted to check. I have seen several different balancers out there, but the throughput is marked at reduced to 25 percent, or not marked at all. I haven't been able to test them. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rylant

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 16 x 16 balancer?

Post by c0bRa »

here are all from 4x4 to 32x32

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

give this one a try.

here is a 16 lane (25x16 tile) balancer created by Jackalope.

i couldn't get that one to convert to 0.15, so i manually made it with some minor changes.
since express underground belts can span farther, i omitted a couple (where i'm standing). also added one to replace a long belt (UPS)
functionally it should be the same.
Jackalope Updated 16 lane image
16 lane balancer blueprint
let me know if it works for you, or if i made any errors. :P

sOvr9000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sOvr9000 »

Sorry for the bump, but in case anyone's wondering, it's possible to multiply balancers in size while retaining unlimited throughput. For example, a 4x2 merger (not the simple 3 splitter setup but the UTU version) can be scaled up to an 8x4 merger by replacing all splitters in the 4x2 design with 4x4 balancers, replacing all splitter mergers (2x1 "balancer") with 4x2 merger, and then replacing all belts with double-lane belts. This approximately doubles the size of the 4x2 merger along both dimensions (width and height) and leaves some room for adjustments to make it much, much more compact. But without the adjustments, it is a pretty straightforward way to create an 8x4 balancer. Another example is 8x4 -> 16x8, or maybe 8x6 -> 16x12. If you want to triple the size of something, like 6x6 -> 18x18, then you replace all splitters with 6x6 balancers themselves, etc., until you got an 18x18 balancer. It sounds horrific, and it pretty much is, but that's what it takes to avoid bottlenecks in the balancer with larger scales.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Did you search for a 4 year old topic to necro just to troll people like a psychopath or did you decide to troll after you had found this old topic because you just couldn't resist the urge once inspiration hit?

Edit:
Also, to add extra insult to injury: OP was necroing the topic when he made the thread. I killed it a year earlier in 2016 when I wrote code to generate balancers of any size and shared the 2048 balancer blueprint. OP should have used the search functionality instead of spamming the forum with new threads for miniscule balancers that are already everywhere for anyone that isn't actively trying to avoid finding them.

darkscaryforest
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by darkscaryforest »

It might be a 4 year old thread, but it is nice to collate information in one place. For example, maybe Qon can link his code along with his rude reply?

EDIT

See viewtopic.php?p=197203#p197203

Return to “Gameplay Help”