how to Make a server Faster!?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

how to Make a server Faster!?

Post by noliVe »

Guys we will now try to create a form to make servers Faster, if you have any suggestions post them here please

right now headlessservers are way slower than private maschines since server always have another CPU Struktur and cannot handle this game that quickly,
so if you can offer any help please tell us. all users in this forum are interested in having a faster system

-.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~/
------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~------.--.~/ look closly thats a traficjam?
as always if you can provide a better english please send the translation, i am the german guy remember me!

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: how to Make a server Faster!?

Post by noliVe »

my first questions is WHATS

server_game_heartbeat_in_seconds=15
and
max_threads=4

please try explain^^

iseebelts
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: how to Make a server Faster!?

Post by iseebelts »

noliVe wrote:my first questions is WHATS

server_game_heartbeat_in_seconds=15
and
max_threads=4

please try explain^^
Heartbeat is the server sending "pings" to clients. If the ping times out, the server drops the player. Shouldn't need to change it.

Max threads is the number of threads the server will use to run. Increasing it may help performance, but don't make it the same number as cores on the computer hosting the server (cores - 1 usually).

Return to “Technical Help”