Capacitor performance impact related request for information

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Capacitor performance impact related request for information

Post by Rakshasa »

I have a very big base, running on a new rather expensive PC and the UPS is down in the 20's. (hope that belt optimization is coming soon)

While I know the generic optimization stuff (so no need for that here), I do have a very specific question; are capacitors updated as individual objects or are they in buckets based on their charge status?

The reason I'm asking is because I got a good emergency capacitor logic working, and am wondering if I should expand to having staggered activation of capacitor banks for normal use also.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Capacitor performance impact related request for information

Post by DaveMcW »

Accumulators on the same network with identical charge are merged into 1 object for performace. It's fine to have a few isolated networks, just don't go crazy giving each accumulator its own network.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Unrelated, if you are running an intel cpu and there is something specific you do in excess to get such low ups, you could post the save here: 17501.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

DaveMcW wrote:Accumulators on the same network with identical charge are merged into 1 object for performace. It's fine to have a few isolated networks, just don't go crazy giving each accumulator its own network.
Exactly the information I wanted to know, thanks.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

Loewchen wrote:Unrelated, if you are running an intel cpu and there is something specific you do in excess to get such low ups, you could post the save here: 17501.
No, the whole save is just that large and I haven't done logi-for-belt optimization since I consider it an abomination, so will wait and see for what happens with 0.16.

EpicFail1403
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EpicFail1403 »

Rakshasa wrote:
DaveMcW wrote:Accumulators on the same network with identical charge are merged into 1 object for performace. It's fine to have a few isolated networks, just don't go crazy giving each accumulator its own network.
Exactly the information I wanted to know, thanks.
Unrelated, but this information is exactly part of the "generic optimization stuff". Maybe it's time you read generic optimization stuff again and perhaps you will "rediscover" some generic optimization methods that will significantly improve your game's performance.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

EpicFail1403 wrote:Unrelated, but this information is exactly part of the "generic optimization stuff". Maybe it's time you read generic optimization stuff again and perhaps you will "rediscover" some generic optimization methods that will significantly improve your game's performance.
The generic-specific lexical relation is called a hyponymy, look it up.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Rakshasa wrote:
EpicFail1403 wrote:Unrelated, but this information is exactly part of the "generic optimization stuff". Maybe it's time you read generic optimization stuff again and perhaps you will "rediscover" some generic optimization methods that will significantly improve your game's performance.
The generic-specific lexical relation is called a hyponymy, look it up.
Look up which non-ELI5 word never heard in normal conversation?

Return to “General discussion”