MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
zoolie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.7

Post by zoolie »

TheSAguy wrote: Can you load a save before the update and mine the Cannons? Maybe download 1.8.2 and load, mine the cannons and then update.
That worked. After upgrading and replacing everything seems to work. Thanks for the tip.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.9

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi TheSAguy
I have one wish for recipe where we can get sulfur from ash
In bob's mods we need 5 sulfur to get 50 sulfur dioxide and after that get sulfuric acid
In angel's mods we need 1 sulfur to get 50 sulfur dioxide and after that get sulfuric acid

To keep balance for sulfuric acid production I suggest to enter detection of angel mods - dynamic changing recipe, so 2 varinats
1) If only bob's mods only ur recipe remains the same - 10 ash + 10 sulfuric acid
2) If bob's mods + angel mods ur recipe will changed - 10 + 50 sulfuric acid bcuz we can spend sulfur in smaller quantities -and we can produce sulfuric acid infinitely repeating this cycle with ashes processing
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi TheSAguy
I have one wish for recipe where we can get sulfur from ash
In bob's mods we need 5 sulfur to get 50 sulfur dioxide and after that get sulfuric acid
In angel's mods we need 1 sulfur to get 50 sulfur dioxide and after that get sulfuric acid

To keep balance for sulfuric acid production I suggest to enter detection of angel mods - dynamic changing recipe, so 2 varinats
1) If only bob's mods only ur recipe remains the same - 10 ash + 10 sulfuric acid
2) If bob's mods + angel mods ur recipe will changed - 10 + 50 sulfuric acid bcuz we can spend sulfur in smaller quantities -and we can produce sulfuric acid infinitely repeating this cycle with ashes processing
I believe the first recipe you mention is already in there:
I'll make it dynamic in a future update to be like you describe when Angels is installed.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Hello, I have a question about the bob's greenhouse optional dependency. What does it change, and what is the functionality between the two? Is it just compatibility or does it add extra stuff?

Cheers
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

diongham wrote:Hello, I have a question about the bob's greenhouse optional dependency. What does it change, and what is the functionality between the two? Is it just compatibility or does it add extra stuff?

Cheers
It's been so long since I even loaded Bob's green house...
I think it was just to update his icons to match mine.

deathblob
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by deathblob »

bioindustriestech.png
bioindustriestech.png (569.74 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
are the dart turrets and ammo supposed to benefit from research for bullet damage and fire rate? this is what I see when I mouse over the techs in the tech tree. no other mods besides bio industries installed, version 1.8.9 for mod and latest experimental update listed on steam for game.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

deathblob wrote:
bioindustriestech.png
are the dart turrets and ammo supposed to benefit from research for bullet damage and fire rate? this is what I see when I mouse over the techs in the tech tree. no other mods besides bio industries installed, version 1.8.9 for mod and latest experimental update listed on steam for game.
Oops, did not know I had to give those descriptions.
Fixed in 1.9.0. Thanks for the report.

deathblob
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.9.0

Post by deathblob »

Thank you:) fix works, should help out with making them last a bit longer.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.9.1

Post by pleauser »

there is an issue with the latest version 1.9.2 ; it crashes factorio to desktop with an invalid path.. i opened an issue on github for you :)

but putting this here also.. just realizing that there is a ton of whitespace on that ss :-p
Attachments
bio-industries-1-92.png
bio-industries-1-92.png (10.49 KiB) Viewed 7700 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.9.1

Post by TheSAguy »

pleauser wrote:there is an issue with the latest version 1.9.2 ; it crashes factorio to desktop with an invalid path.. i opened an issue on github for you :)

but putting this here also.. just realizing that there is a ton of whitespace on that ss :-p
Should be fixed in 1.9.3.
Thanks for the report.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.9.3

Post by Airat9000 »

bug bug! 1/9/3
2017-09-07_4-53-53.png
2017-09-07_4-53-53.png (36.15 KiB) Viewed 7655 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Airat9000 wrote:bug bug! 1/9/3
2017-09-07_4-53-53.png
Hmm, that's weird. Wonder if it's another mod causing this, since it does have a fuel value:

Code: Select all

---- Seedling
	{
		type = "item",
		name = "seedling",
		icon = "__Bio_Industries__/graphics/icons/Seedling.png",
		flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
		subgroup = "intermediate-product",
		order = "x[bi]-b[bi-seedling]",
		place_result="seedling",
		fuel_value = "1MJ",
		fuel_category = "chemical",
		stack_size= 400
	},
Could you please send me a save?
Thanks.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

TheSAguy wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:bug bug! 1/9/3
2017-09-07_4-53-53.png
Hmm, that's weird. Wonder if it's another mod causing this, since it does have a fuel value:

---- Seedling
	{
		type = "item",
		name = "seedling",
		icon = "__Bio_Industries__/graphics/icons/Seedling.png",
		flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
		subgroup = "intermediate-product",
		order = "x[bi]-b[bi-seedling]",
		place_result="seedling",
		fuel_value = "1MJ",
		fuel_category = "chemical",
		stack_size= 400
	},
Could you please send me a save?
Thanks.
mods? save file?

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bug with disabled Bio-Cannon

Post by gheift »

Hi,

when disabling the Bio-Cannon, the game can't start any more because of the missing Bio_Cannon_Ammo category. This might be easy to fix by edit the data-upates.lua file: At line 67, where you adjust the technologies for the ammo bonus, you have to check if the Bio_Cannon is enabled. E.g:

if BI.Settings.Bio_Cannon and (not (mods["Natural_Evolution_Buildings"] or data.raw["item"]["TerraformingStation"] ~= nil)) then
        -- Don't duplicate what NE does
        if not mods["Natural_Evolution_Buildings"] then
                require("prototypes.Bio_Cannon.technology-updates")
        end
end
Kind regards,
Gerhard

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bug with disabled Bio-Cannon

Post by TheSAguy »

gheift wrote:Hi,

when disabling the Bio-Cannon, the game can't start any more because of the missing Bio_Cannon_Ammo category. This might be easy to fix by edit the data-upates.lua file: At line 67, where you adjust the technologies for the ammo bonus, you have to check if the Bio_Cannon is enabled. E.g:

if BI.Settings.Bio_Cannon and (not (mods["Natural_Evolution_Buildings"] or data.raw["item"]["TerraformingStation"] ~= nil)) then
        -- Don't duplicate what NE does
        if not mods["Natural_Evolution_Buildings"] then
                require("prototypes.Bio_Cannon.technology-updates")
        end
end
Kind regards,
Gerhard
Thanks for the report! Fixed.
Airat9000 wrote:
mods? save file?
Can you send me a save. If you can't start the game, remove Bio Industries, start, save and send that to me, I'll add it back in.
Also try reinstalling Bio Industries, since you are the only one with this game breaking issue, it's or a bad install or a mod conflict.

Thanks.

Baccalon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.9.4

Post by Baccalon »

I really appreciate the concept and the work behind this mod, the decorations, the recipes and I use it all the times, the only complaints I ever had are regarding some of the building textures, for example the wooden pipes look just fine unless it touches a iron pipe or a machine from the top side, which causes some weird texture overlapping to show up. I really wish I had the skill to help fix that, unfortunately I can only report it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Baccalon wrote:I really appreciate the concept and the work behind this mod, the decorations, the recipes and I use it all the times, the only complaints I ever had are regarding some of the building textures, for example the wooden pipes look just fine unless it touches a iron pipe or a machine from the top side, which causes some weird texture overlapping to show up. I really wish I had the skill to help fix that, unfortunately I can only report it.
Yeah, That will unfortunately happen with any mod that adds two colored items. The game has to choose one of the two. Don't get hung-up on small denials like that! Enjoy the game. Get me improvements/new items to add :)

Elith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Elith »

Hi, I'm not 100% sure that it is your mod that is causing the problem but I cannot use your mod with the Omnimatter mod as the recipe to turn crushed stone into normal stone seems to get removed, would you know of anything i could do to get around this somehow? or if there is a way to disable this?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Elith wrote:Hi, I'm not 100% sure that it is your mod that is causing the problem but I cannot use your mod with the Omnimatter mod as the recipe to turn crushed stone into normal stone seems to get removed, would you know of anything i could do to get around this somehow? or if there is a way to disable this?
Bio Industries does not have a Crushed stone to Normal Stone recipe. Or have any reason to remove that recipe from another Mod...

Sorry.

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

TheSAguy wrote:Bio Industries does not have a Crushed stone to Normal Stone recipe. Or have any reason to remove that recipe from another Mod...

Sorry.
When i activate bio industries after i start a game with omnimatter i got this message inGame:

The message is in german but i think you know that window

Return to “Mods”