MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.4

Post by TheSAguy »

michaelncguy wrote:Hi TheSAguy/all. I'm loving the mod, but I have a crazy question.

Is it possible to edit a file in the mod and increase the range on the Bio Cannon? I'm fine with editing a file myself if someone can tell me where to change the value. I tried making some changes myself, but all I'm ending up doing is updating the test/description files.... it's not shooting at anything farther away.

Thanks in advance!
Edit this file:
Edit the Control.lua file.
Lines 652 & 653:

Code: Select all

local radius = 80 -- Radius it looks for a Spawner / Worm to fire at
			local radius2 = 85 -- Radius it looks for a Spawner / Worm to fire at

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.3

Post by Light »

TheSAguy wrote:Any Balancing thoughts/feedback since 1.8.0?
Well, I did write up my post talking about how the yields were too low a couple weeks ago.

Further testing by setting all recipes to be 300 raw wood had greatly solved the problem with the mod being useless in the early and mid game.

The advancement of bio technology and fertilizers allowed time to be saved in creating 300 wood faster, which scaled more evenly when blue science demands started to get out of hand and space was still limited. Ultimately I had a farming area of 12-34 farms and remade them more efficiently as new tech arrived. Despite still being a lot of land, it wasn't out of control as it was previously (100+) and I could actually keep up with demands for wood without constantly being held back by it every damn time.

This balance change basically solved most of the early/mid game issues, allowing the farms to stay relevant all game long with a more natural scale in tech.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Light wrote:
Well, I did write up my post talking about how the yields were too low a couple weeks ago.

Further testing by setting all recipes to be 300 raw wood had greatly solved the problem with the mod being useless in the early and mid game.

The advancement of bio technology and fertilizers allowed time to be saved in creating 300 wood faster, which scaled more evenly when blue science demands started to get out of hand and space was still limited. Ultimately I had a farming area of 12-34 farms and remade them more efficiently as new tech arrived. Despite still being a lot of land, it wasn't out of control as it was previously (100+) and I could actually keep up with demands for wood without constantly being held back by it every damn time.

This balance change basically solved most of the early/mid game issues, allowing the farms to stay relevant all game long with a more natural scale in tech.
Thanks for the feedback and I'm very glad to hear this!

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

TheSAguy wrote:
Light wrote:

Thanks for the feedback and I'm very glad to hear this!
Just to add more visual detail, here's the previous method for 1,000 per minute.

Regular - 125 bio farms (10% loss)
Fertilizer - 38 bio farms (18% loss)
Adv Fertilizer - 12 bio farms (11% loss)
Then the 1,000 wood per minute with the improved yields of Water & Ash at 300, Fertilizer at 310, Adv. Fertilizer at 320. (Slight yield improvement for richer soil)

Regular - 23 bio farms (2% loss)
Fertilizer - 17 bio farms (7% loss)
Adv Fertilizer - 11 bio farms (8% loss)

I'm unsure if you want to tweak the seed or ash requirements a bit to have slightly more upkeep like it did previously, although it does look proper that the more advanced ones require a few % more upkeep to save you time, space, and power.

If I get more time later, I may look into the other recipes to see how they feel. At first glance they seem alright.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.6

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.8.6 - Rail tint vs. dedicated images. New Early game Dart Turrets - Thx Darkfrei. New Bridge Rail Graphic - Thx D3x0r
And some smaller tweaks.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.6

Post by darkfrei »

I think that dart-turret can be only one tile, 2x2 looks too oversize.
Attachments
2017-08-22 19_19_34.png
2017-08-22 19_19_34.png (49.97 KiB) Viewed 7523 times
2017-08-22 19_08_44.png
2017-08-22 19_08_44.png (53.86 KiB) Viewed 7523 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.15.x] Bio-Industries 1.8.7

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.8.7 - Fix Wooden Rail HD Tint, Tweaked Dart Turret to be 1x1 + Balancing - Thanks to Darkfrei for help with this update!

Hipstherium
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hipstherium »

Where's the config? Is it in the mod zip file or something? Because the in game mod options won't allow me to disable the tweaks or the wooden pipes, poles and turrets.
Is there a way to only have the wood farming and processing?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Hipstherium wrote:Where's the config? Is it in the mod zip file or something? Because the in game mod options won't allow me to disable the tweaks or the wooden pipes, poles and turrets.
Is there a way to only have the wood farming and processing?
When you start a new game, you have the option to turn on/off the Tweaks, but the rest of the stuff is part of the base mod.
You can always use Bob's greenhouse if you only want wood production.

Hipstherium
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hipstherium »

So I can't use it on an old save without the tweaks?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Hipstherium wrote:So I can't use it on an old save without the tweaks?
I believe you need to make the decision at a start of the game if you want to use it or not.
Can't change after the game started.

zoolie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zoolie »

Hey Dude, Thanks for the mod.

Just noticed that if I upgrade to mod version 1.8.7 (on Factorio 0.15.34) all the BioCannon ammo disappears and any cannons already placed become unminable and indestructible. Previously I was version 1.8.1 but I just tested on 1.8.5 and they seem to be working fine on that version.

Also did you know the github link is dead?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

zoolie wrote:Hey Dude, Thanks for the mod.

Just noticed that if I upgrade to mod version 1.8.7 (on Factorio 0.15.34) all the BioCannon ammo disappears and any cannons already placed become unminable and indestructible. Previously I was version 1.8.1 but I just tested on 1.8.5 and they seem to be working fine on that version.

Also did you know the github link is dead?
Hmmm, I changedsome stuff in the code and that would affect Bio Cannon from that old version...
Can you load a save before the update and mine the Cannons? Maybe download 1.8.2 and load, mine the cannons and then update.

Thanks for telling me about the link.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i wanted to drop by and say thanks for this mod again, i have used it several play through, i know better than to update partly through a play through, and just keep the original version.

so far really liking the solar floors, at 1x1 and 10kw, 5 seconds to make = more time consuming per square, but slightly cheaper on the copper. and im gona be putting them all down everywhere! lol - - was thinking about changing the steel to make it wood for more wood uses...

my last play through was in 0.14 using v 1.4.8 so digging into the new changes.

i am working a play through atm on v1.8.5 and decided to make a few adjustments for my game,
changed wooden pipes to off - not using them (set their tech to false) suggest making them optional by putting them in their own tech
tweeks to concrete and rails disabled, kept the ones for the axe (edited out those tweeks)
disabled burner gear recycling. (edited out those tweeks, removed migrations folder because it calls for those lines)

thanks again for this mod :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Philip017 wrote:i wanted to drop by and say thanks for this mod again, i have used it several play through, i know better than to update partly through a play through, and just keep the original version.

so far really liking the solar floors, at 1x1 and 10kw, 5 seconds to make = more time consuming per square, but slightly cheaper on the copper. and im gona be putting them all down everywhere! lol - - was thinking about changing the steel to make it wood for more wood uses...

my last play through was in 0.14 using v 1.4.8 so digging into the new changes.

i am working a play through atm on v1.8.5 and decided to make a few adjustments for my game,
changed wooden pipes to off - not using them (set their tech to false) suggest making them optional by putting them in their own tech
tweeks to concrete and rails disabled, kept the ones for the axe (edited out those tweeks)
disabled burner gear recycling. (edited out those tweeks, removed migrations folder because it calls for those lines)

thanks again for this mod :)
Thanks for the feedback Philip, glad you're enjoying the mod.
I know a lot of people ask for this and that entity to be optional, but the mod has so many stuff and making each of them optional is time consuming and can lead to unforeseen consequences...
I like to say, "If you don't like it, don't build it :)" or "If you don't like the graphic, get me a better one..."

I'm always open to balancing changes, I think that's a better approach. If you don't like it, can it be balanced to change your mind....

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

my main reason for not wanting to use concrete in the rails is because im used to the way it does it in vanilla, and i never make concrete until really late game, i have also swapped out the steel in your wood rails for raw wood, i suppose i could keep the crushed stone wouldn't make much of a difference really just another step, but its about immersion, and i made oil low on this map because i plan to use bio plastics and see i can make bio batteries too, so looking forward to doing that, with the option to use bio sulfer for use in nuclear power too makes the hunt for iron and copper more important than crude or coal, still gona need that stone too.

as for the graphics the new (seed/seedling) green house looks really cool never had any issues with the bigger dome, but was planing to use lights and stone, now it needs the mini green houses and bricks, well alrighty then lets change a few things here, must replan, still fun tho.

the addition of the solar floors is also a really good idea too, run faster and power the base from under the buildings too, it sounds a bit weird i know, but since we can't build the solars on the roof, guess we'll put them on the floor, lol - this feature is my new fav of this mod. previously being able to plant new trees was, especially around those heavily polluting mines, that makes the biters so angry/hungry.

i am not a graphics guy, but im glad that you are open to the possibility of better graphics and that you have friends/helpers to provide some for new features

as for the wooden pipe, i could add it to the tech tree via a research very simply, but as i had no desire to use it at all i simply turned it off and no way to turn it back on, i read someone else wanted to have this as well so thought that would be a good option. dont want it, dont research it.... but yeah dont like it dont build it works too i guess

also i changed the huge accumulator to be exactly 100x the regular accumulator, smaller footprint and still takes 100 regular accumulators, 200 raw wood and 50 copper cables, as i dont like concrete, lol thought about skipping the step of making regular accumulators and have the huge accumulator eat batteries directly save some iron plate and a step, but not that big of a deal really.
the huge solar dishes also is 100x the solars with 400 raw wood and 25 small electric poles, must use all the wood!

anyways thats just some of my thoughts, and some of the changes i made for my play through :)

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Philip017 wrote:my main reason for not wanting to use concrete in the rails is because im used to the way it does it in vanilla, and i never make concrete until really late game, i have also swapped out the steel in your wood rails for raw wood, i suppose i could keep the crushed stone wouldn't make much of a difference really just another step, but its about immersion, and i made oil low on this map because i plan to use bio plastics and see i can make bio batteries too, so looking forward to doing that, with the option to use bio sulfer for use in nuclear power too makes the hunt for iron and copper more important than crude or coal, still gona need that stone too.
Then use the rails from junk train or junk rails

I mean... if you're not using train speed limiter, all rails are the same.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

d3x0r wrote: Then use the rails from junk train or junk rails

I mean... if you're not using train speed limiter, all rails are the same.
actually im using powered rails, and liking not having to run big poles as well as rails to all my outposts, haven't tried the electric trains yet but might see how they work too

i haven't tried junk rails mod yet, i might give it a go one of these days, usually it's belt the nearest ores, lol

OrlandoKev
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OrlandoKev »

My question is about the bio garden, we have 2 recipes available, it appears the basic recipe of 1 fert has craft time of 40, and the advanced recipe using 1 advanced fertilzer has a craft time of 100, but both have the same effect of -35 pu, shouldnt the advanced recipe that takes longer "do more" ? Feel like i am overlooking or missing the big picture or something, lol

Edit: Little sleep works wonders, and i "think" i get it, does the bio garden do a constant -35 as long as it is running, or only at the completion of each cycle?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

OrlandoKev wrote:My question is about the bio garden, we have 2 recipes available, it appears the basic recipe of 1 fert has craft time of 40, and the advanced recipe using 1 advanced fertilzer has a craft time of 100, but both have the same effect of -35 pu, shouldnt the advanced recipe that takes longer "do more" ? Feel like i am overlooking or missing the big picture or something, lol

Edit: Little sleep works wonders, and i "think" i get it, does the bio garden do a constant -35 as long as it is running, or only at the completion of each cycle?
It cleans while it's running. You get more cleaning time out of your advanced fertilizer.

Return to “Mods”