[MOD 0.14] AAI Zones

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.14] AAI Zones

Post by Earendel »

Title: AAI Zones
Short Description: Adds 'Zones' to the game. Zones are highlighted regions that can be placed with the Zone Planning Tool. With AAI Programmable Structures mod you can place and scan zones automatically using Signals. Zones become even more powerful with AAI Programmable Vehicles mod where they can be used to control automated vehicles.
Name: aai-zones
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
Licence: See below
zones-thumbnail.png
zones-thumbnail.png (37.01 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
Long Description
With Base:
Unlock the Zone Planner tool with Electronics. The Zone Planner allows you to select a zone colour and pattern. You can then drag areas on the landscape placing that zone down. Zones can be placed over any tile or under any entity. Think of zones like an augmented reality overlay that only really exists in your force’s memory. You can use them for base planning or decoration, or much more with other mods enabled.
Left drag to place the selected zone type. Shift+Left drag to remove.

With AAI Programmable Structures:
Unlock the Zone Scanner and Zone Controller with Circuit Network. The Zone Controller allows you to place zone tiles automatically by feeding in Signals. The Zone Scanner allows you to get the position of the nth zone tile placed of a certain type. See AAI Programmable Structures for more details.

With AAI Programmable Vehicles:
Vehicles can detect if they are on a zone to alter their behavior, or they can be sent to a zone location. A wide range of options are available depending on how you set up the control structures.

Licence

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Zones

Post by y.petremann »

The fact is that signal are not correctly organized. it would be cool if symbols could be organized by lines for symbol and columns for color, or the inverse, so it would be easier to pick a zone signal.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi there,

Just got into this mod and started my fully automated system to send vehicles among the map using zones to coordinate them (auto path finding is rather too easy I find) :D

One thing that keeps bugging me is that it's not possible to easily replicate certain zone areas. E.g. I would like to be able to blueprint zone regions (crossings, depot) etc.
Would it be able to make this working?

Also for blueprinting some control logics (crossing control) I would need a constant-combinator which outputs its own position on the map, otherwise I have to manually adapt coordinates again and again... Should I write a mod for this? Would it be possible to add this to the mod here?

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
zone control.PNG
zone control.PNG (2.49 MiB) Viewed 8442 times
aai crossing1.PNG
aai crossing1.PNG (2.09 MiB) Viewed 8442 times
zone control2.PNG
zone control2.PNG (402.87 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
aai hauler central control.PNG
aai hauler central control.PNG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 8442 times

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

> Also for blueprinting some control logics (crossing control) I would need a constant-combinator which outputs its own position on the map, otherwise I have to manually adapt coordinates again and again... Should I write a mod for this? Would it be possible to add this to the mod here?

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/justaran ... combinator

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

cool now that's already pretty helpful.
Then only the thing to blueprint aai zones is missing :)

Thanks!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

judos wrote:Then only the thing to blueprint aai zones is missing :)
I tried to do that originally but it either didn't work or would have had too much of a performance drop. There are some new entity types now so it might be possible using those.

Baruk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baruk »

Hi, is there a possibility to add a zone signal which act as a wildcard for combinator settings like the anything thing but just for zone signals?

It would be really helpful to figure out whether a scanned tile has a zone asigned and if yes, then perform further logic. By now, you have to check
for every used signal and if this all is false - do the right -false- job line.

Many thanks for your mods. Keep up the ggod work

Baruk!

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Just want to agree with the above post, this mod is bloody genius.

Return to “Mods”