i find this game become boring after 100 hour.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

i find this game become boring after 100 hour.

Post by Hellatze »

well, since in 100 hour (with angel-bob mod), i have everything. nothing to research, nothing to add, no purpose. basically i met the limbo of any gameplay.

no purpose at all.

bit why not making efficient factory setup ? or making more better rocket silo automaton, etc. yeah about that, i don't care about them anymore.

even biter looks boring, just swarm over the place, and consist of melee and ranged user with no special ability.

why not playing marathon mode ? or very hard mode ?

who cares about hard mode, if the premise are the same ? making rocket silo and launch rocket to the space, with no real purpose at all.

since English are not my native, i have hard time to tell my mind.

this is i actually want to said ----> "end game problem are no amazing, just launch rocket and got white bar. i wish something more than launching rocket."

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: i find this game become boring after 100 hour.

Post by 5thHorseman »

I know. Most AAA titles you'd only have played through 2-4 times by now. What s gyp.

More serially, not every game speaks to every player, and no game stays interesting to anybody forever. You're on the short side of the curve and that sucks, but it is what it is.

I would suggest you move on, and come back for another 100 hours when the game is released.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

The lack of a proper endgame that keeps the player busy/challenged beyond the Research Tree has been acknowledged by the Developers several times already in various other threads that deal with the problem more in-depth.

Unfortunately the problem is that the Developers won't have the time and resources to implement such an endgame before the game hits 1.0 (0.16).

A better endgame may come with a later expansion/addon/DLC though, but there is no real guarantee for that... and they are definitely not going to work on such a thing until 1.0 (0.16) is out.

So if in the meantime mods aren't fun anymore to you either I'd go with 5thHorseman and say:
5thHorseman wrote:I would suggest you move on, and come back for another 100 hours when the game is released.

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Yeah, it doesn't stay interesting forever... but 100 hrs is longer than almost any other game I've played ;)

Marza
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Marza »

I think you've played Factorio too much and have 'burned out' as a result.

No amount of forum posting from anyone will result in a quick change to the status of the game. The development lies in the hands of the developers and they will release an update when they feel like it, no matter what you, or I, or anyone else post here on these forums.

Go and do something else with your time; it's not worth playing even more Factorio if you're starting to hate playing it.

What Medusalem and 5thHorseman are saying is good advice.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Hellatze wrote:well, since in 100 hour (with angel-bob mod), i have everything. nothing to research, nothing to add...
If you really got to that condition with Bob's, Angels, and vanilla (or all at once) in only 100 hours, you're better at this game than you've led me to believe :mrgreen:

EpicFail1403
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EpicFail1403 »

I really shouldn't be so aggressive/offending but i'm going to say this anyway:
I'm really tired of OP whining about endgame everywhere on this forum, at any chance he gets, as if the purpose of the entire world is solely for his own personal satisfaction.

Grow up. Whining won't get you anywhere. If you really hate this game, post a negative review on Steam and MOVE ON.

As others have stated, the endgame problem has been an ongoing discussion, and Wube probably have their hands full or simply can't come up with a decent solution at the moment. But there is time, there is always hope.
At least to me, for the several hundred hours of game time I experienced, 20$ (OK I lied, it's about 10$ in my region) was well worth it. Any improvement to the game I get, any more joy I get, I think it as a bonus. The devs don't owe me anything. If the devs stop working on the game, or even they (hypothetically) literally destroy this game on release, I will be sad, but I won't be mad.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

@OP : I'm quite surprised you're done with the game after 100 hours. It took me almost that to just get to my first rocket launch (well it was a rocket defense back then) a few years ago. People have different "endurance" to games. Some will be fed up fast others will continue playing for a very long time.
Well you've paid around 10$ your Factorio, you've played 100 jours, that's 10 cents per hour. List what can entertain you for less than 10 cents an hour. and now stop complaining, and get something else to do. One day, you'll probably have the Factorio itch back. Or not, who cares ? you've already got what you have paid for.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

I sometimes find it merciful when a game provides only 10-20 hours of entertainment.
According to Steam I've played 1800 hours, now sometimes I do just leave Factorio open for hours at a time without playing, but even so Factorio is truly merciless when it comes to devouring time.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Hellatze wrote:well, since in 100 hour (with angel-bob mod), i have everything. nothing to research, nothing to add, no purpose. basically i met the limbo of any gameplay.
OK. Then Factorio is not addictive game for you. But if you are honest, 100 hours fun for 20 € is not bad quality at all. At least in my standards. Most AAA games can not give anything near that.
no purpose at all.
What purpose you expect from a video game except entertainment until you get bored and begin to play next game?
who cares about hard mode, if the premise are the same ? making rocket silo and launch rocket to the space, with no real purpose at all.
I do not see purpose of gaming like you. Automated rocket production begins my endgame, which is the most entertaining part of the game. I can see my factory run at full speed, find proglems, make optimizations, increase production rate etc. Playing up to that is just beginning. I play typically couple of hundreds of hours until I get bored, keep several months break and begin a new game (with newer version).
this is i actually want to said ----> "end game problem are no amazing, just launch rocket and got white bar. i wish something more than launching rocket."
Like what? Build a spacecraft by launching many rockets and building expensive parts would give few more hours but end result would not change. You have done everything you can and like and will be bored. In my opinion Factorio gives more than enough content for its price. Especially with mods which give more complexity, materials and intermediates, production plants, production chains etc.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

MeduSalem wrote:The lack of a proper endgame that keeps the player busy/challenged beyond the Research Tree has been acknowledged by the Developers several times already in various other threads that deal with the problem more in-depth.

Unfortunately the problem is that the Developers won't have the time and resources to implement such an endgame before the game hits 1.0 (0.16).

A better endgame may come with a later expansion/addon/DLC though, but there is no real guarantee for that... and they are definitely not going to work on such a thing until 1.0 (0.16) is out.

So if in the meantime mods aren't fun anymore to you either I'd go with 5thHorseman and say:
5thHorseman wrote:I would suggest you move on, and come back for another 100 hours when the game is released.
thanks form the info, but i really hope for end game didn't released as DLC. also i hope they released them early as possible.

as for the rest of the response, you guys are too offensive. seriously, if you doesn't like my thread just get out.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

5thHorseman wrote:I know. Most AAA titles you'd only have played through 2-4 times by now. What s gyp.

More serially, not every game speaks to every player, and no game stays interesting to anybody forever. You're on the short side of the curve and that sucks, but it is what it is.

I would suggest you move on, and come back for another 100 hours when the game is released.
and about AAA titles, i didnt speak about them in my thread at all.

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evildogbot100 »

Have you tried on making the most efficient train network? Heavily optimised factory using combinator? Or Using AAI mods? These things will add up tons of hours depends on your goals.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

evildogbot100 wrote:Have you tried on making the most efficient train network? Heavily optimised factory using combinator? Or Using AAI mods? These things will add up tons of hours depends on your goals.
i doesn't like that kind of goal. no fun in my standards.

Duncandonut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Duncandonut »

I think you need to challenge yourself. Try having the biters set to aggressive or maybe even try starting a new map where all resources are set to low. This will force you to start building smaller satellite bases and a train system. You will also need to start automating these and protecting them. This makes the game a hell of a lot more immersive and forces you to come up with varying designs etc....

I love the game, however I do find myself struggling Mid/Late game sometimes. So I go exploring making sure I have some solar panels/accumulators/laser turrets/miners etc.... to start setting up a satellite base. Try not to burn yourself out on the game either. I always found taking a couple of weeks away from it works best for me. I find myself at work coming up with new ideas to try out to optimise my factories etc...

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Hellatze wrote:
evildogbot100 wrote:Have you tried on making the most efficient train network? Heavily optimised factory using combinator? Or Using AAI mods? These things will add up tons of hours depends on your goals.
i doesn't like that kind of goal. no fun in my standards.
So Factorio is not for you. We're back to "move on to another game you do enjoy."

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Duncandonut wrote:I think you need to challenge yourself. Try having the biters set to aggressive or maybe even try starting a new map where all resources are set to low. This will force you to start building smaller satellite bases and a train system. You will also need to start automating these and protecting them. This makes the game a hell of a lot more immersive and forces you to come up with varying designs etc....

I love the game, however I do find myself struggling Mid/Late game sometimes. So I go exploring making sure I have some solar panels/accumulators/laser turrets/miners etc.... to start setting up a satellite base. Try not to burn yourself out on the game either. I always found taking a couple of weeks away from it works best for me. I find myself at work coming up with new ideas to try out to optimise my factories etc...
i find challenging myself quite wrong. i hate difficulty setting btw, i can tweak whatever i want. when i get to win the game, who gonna care about it ?

at lease the stronger enemy drop valuable item, i hope. like old science pack require alien artifact.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Have you tried multiplayer??

I found that co-operating with other people on a map provided the spark which was absent when playing alone.

And - (mea culpa!)........
I spend time playing other games so Factorio doesn't become stale.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Haven't played in 3 months but I suppose the big problems haven't changed recently. Endgame is a real problem, and the lack of replay value is also a real problem. After you've gotten used to the game, every replay feels like the same, even the randomly generated world feels like the same every time. And once you have everything, there's nothing to do with it. The only thing you can do is try out different architectures for the base, or just waste time fooling around without a goal.

The map generation revamp for 0.16 is going to be a step into the right direction. Modding system improvements will also play significant role in improving replay value.

The game engine itself has plenty of limitations which limit the potential of the game. For example, the lack of 3d entities makes it a challenge to introduce new enemies via modding. Making spritesheets is just too much work and there isn't enough VRAM for them anyway.

I'm hoping the developers will continue the endgame development after the game hits 1.0 version. I'd love to see long distance radars and special alien strongholds that guard interesting things. Perhaps some rare resources that are quite far away, and the research options to utilize them would only appear after you've found the resource first. Perhaps some ancient ruins that have special unique buildings that you need to research before you can use them (and research some more before you can construct more of them). Some interesting endgame things can be modded, but some really can't be.

There are so many ways to extend the endgame and to give the players something to do, but it's a lot of work too. It's natural that the team will first want to polish and finish the current experience instead of going for a feature creep. After 1.0 they'll have to consider whether expanding the endgame is worth it with the current engine. If it isn't, maybe they'll start working on Factorio 2.0 instead, this time with 3d. Who knows.

Xtrafresh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xtrafresh »

The game does reach a point where it's unfulfilling. The problem is not that there's not enough content (there's a good case to be made that there's too MUCH content), but that it never reaches a crescendo, a final, super-hard challenge that requires your best in planning and execution. Launching the rocket is supposed to be that "final boss", but it's just not doing the trick. The game hasn't really stretched it's legs by that point, and you feel like there's so much left to do... but no reason to do it.

This leads to people turning away unfulfilled, even though by any standard they have had their fill. Imagine anyone saying "I find DOOM to be boring after 100 hours". Yet for Factorio, the intuition is that there's MORE, but you can't quite get to it. It's not a trivial issue, but fixing it requires either an overhaul of late-game stuff that's so comprehensive that launching a rocket feels like an impossible task completed, or adding a whole "chapter" of content after the rocket launch. I get why it's postponed to after 1.0. I do hope they really do address it, but until then, I'm going to have to use my imagination and come up with challenges for myself. :D

Return to “General discussion”