[15.x][annoyance] no "private" blueprint-storage.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[15.x][annoyance] no "private" blueprint-storage.

Post by someone1337 »

This is not a bug per se, but imho an annoyance.

There seems to be no way to have "private" blueprints or BP books, that dont get broadcasted to everyone in an MP session.
Thats what imho a player's blueprint storage vs game blueprints would be supposed to be.

The problem is/was, that I introduced a new player to factorio, and wanted him to think, try, fiddle and explore stuff by himself, while i gave just little tips.
When he found my blueprints he just started using them everywhere without thinking.
So now we have a base without blue belts, but with a 1GW nuclear reactor in production that most likely will not work, as I just blueprinted a state before going to bed one day, without finishing it; a ton of AMs doing nothing, as stuff they are supposed to produce are/were not yet researched, when getting placed; some pretty obviously incomplete oil processing; a mixed LHS/RHS train system for trains of the length 4 and/or 6; we had a 4-lane-balancer after like everything e.g. a green chip factory, that hat a one yellow belt output; and so on.

The annoying part is that now most of the time goes into discussing why i build something like i build it while my blueprint books have (possibly multiple) diffrent things for the same stuff, totally disregarding any differences between early-game and late-late-game.

So next game I will need to wipe my BP-Storage or delete single BPBooks just so we finally get to play and stop talking about incomplete and/or late-game BPs...

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [15.x][annoyance] no "private" blueprint-storage.

Post by Oxyd »

someone1337 wrote:This is not a bug per se, but imho an annoyance.
For that, we have the Ideas and Suggestions board. Moved.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I agree that all your blueprints should not automatically be shared. Instead, players should only see the blueprints that you have explicitly shared.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

[ick] Moved to implemeted. The blueprint library is now split into "My blueprints" and "Game blueprints".
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”