pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ore Crusher / Jaw Crusher

Post by pyanodon »

Sworn wrote:Replacing the Level 1 Ore crusher for a bigger and slower machine isn't very good, specially because the crafting speed and size changes tooooo much from burning, to Jaw Crusher, then Ore Crusher mk 2.

If it isn't 100% done yet, you could add a smaller version of it, with just the basic crushing stuff (stone, coal, basic ores..) with at least a little bit of increase in speed, more then a the burning ore crush.

Or keep it a different building and leaving the ore crusher lvl 1

That mod isnt compatible with Angels yet, so expect imbalances.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Whether there are any other applications ways of lead? i can use lead only on batteries and solder and for bullet projectiles in bob mod, I know that in general lead widespread metal
THanks. Some metals will be more used than others as usual. :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I look you have decided to expand the fields of use of a niobium - robotic direction, this challenge becomes more and more fascinating, continue in the same manner :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

pyanodon wrote:That mod isnt compatible with Angels yet, so expect imbalances.
Yeh, i read about that some where, that is why you should make a separated crusher instead of replacing the original mark I crusher.
Well if it is intentional, if isn't intentional, well.... not too much to do yet i think.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Sworn wrote:
pyanodon wrote:That mod isnt compatible with Angels yet, so expect imbalances.
Yeh, i read about that some where, that is why you should make a separated crusher instead of replacing the original mark I crusher.
Well if it is intentional, if isn't intentional, well.... not too much to do yet i think.
Why would i intentionally do something like that? I wont answer repeated questions anymore, people.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Hey people share the experience who as extracts hydrogen for science pack №2 when electrolysis isn't available yet
Yes i can get many hydrogen from water electrolysis but where to use many oxygen? And i don't want to vent it, no no

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Hey people share the experience who as extracts hydrogen for science pack №2 when electrolysis isn't available yet
Yes i can get many hydrogen from water electrolysis but where to use many oxygen? And i don't want to vent it, no no
You can unlock electrolysis with sp1. Better vent out stuff.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Fusion ahead!

There´s a lock problem in this mod when running vanilla. For people using this mod in vanilla, an update should be ready soon to solve that and you can go on in the game naturally.

Also, the recent update on Angel´s mods petrochem turned this mod no more compatible with it. It may return a bug or some duplicates/incompatibilities, stay aware.
pY Coal processing mod

nitro_hedgehog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nitro_hedgehog »

i get this error with only bob's library enabled

and when i enable bob's plates i get this error

i even enabled bio industries thinking it was looking for a wood related recipe in that, but i get the same error.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

nitro_hedgehog wrote:i get this error with only bob's library enabled

and when i enable bob's plates i get this error

i even enabled bio industries thinking it was looking for a wood related recipe in that, but i get the same error.

Try bobs electronics and all the dependencies that mods will need.Bio industries arent requiered.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I brought this up several pages back. You must have all bobs or none. The library alone will not fly due to the way Py does the import.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I brought this up several pages back. You must have all bobs or none. The library alone will not fly due to the way Py does the import.
You dont need all. Electronics/plates/ores/library are enough because plates needs ores etc. You can also run on vanilla after 0.5.4
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Updated version on mod portal to fix the blockage in vanilla that people face when trying to progress in the game.

We tried to reproduce the errors with angels and bobs but in all tests, its run flawless. So might be something local.
pY Coal processing mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

(((
2017-07-22_5-07-35.jpg
2017-07-22_5-07-35.jpg (41.23 KiB) Viewed 7332 times

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I have a question about the other mods you're planning; sorry if this has been asked already (maybe put more info on the first page for everyone.)

Is financial going to be a market based system with trade? Perhaps trade between PVP factions?

Kind of like the marketplace mod that already exists?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

diongham wrote:I have a question about the other mods you're planning; sorry if this has been asked already (maybe put more info on the first page for everyone.)

Is financial going to be a market based system with trade? Perhaps trade between PVP factions?

At first it was. But now that i know about that other mod, i would rethink it
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

U did interesting changes in electronics, what do u think can we offer your practices, like optical fiber to Arch666Angel so it could do also by a part of his mod too

That to a sensitive issue of combination of projects, it is worth leaving both Arch666Angel's recipes and your recipes so ur system and his system can work together, but didn't interfere with work of each other
We should create library of resources

Here is an approximate list for library, because these are the general resources:
1) Coke
2) Carbon
3) Acid gas
4) SynGas or Synthesis gas
5) Methanol
6) Carbon dioxide
7) Sodium chloride (salt)
8) Petroleum gas or methane gas - the assumption is simple that all this can be same though I can I am mistaken giving such unusual parallels
9) Hydrogen peroxide - its technically overhauled in Angel's petrochem for bob's mods but isn't used
10) Sand
11) Limestone
12) Lime
13) Chromium or Chrome
14) Mud water and its 5 subtypes to use somehow
15) Lithium chloride - Arch666Angel planning to make solid lithium chloride as salt
16) Clay and rich clay

Already in use and fully compatible:
1) Mineralized water
2) Saline Water
3) Bronze - compatible for now because already exists in bob's mods
4) Gases - hydrogen, oxygen, chlorine, nitrogen
5) Another - hydrogen chloride, sulfur, sulfuric acid, nitric acid, sulfur dioxide and another nitrogen products
6) Naphtha as heavy oil, fuel oil as light oil and base mineral oil as resource for lubricant and coolant for strand casting
7) Sodium hydroxide - because already overhauled
8) Glycerol - because already exists in bob's mods
9) Lithia water - because already overhauled
10) Pure water - already overhauled for purified water

What i wish to be compatible or are partially compatible:
1) Ammonia gas - if u'll use it
2) Natural gas liquids and aromatics - so they can cross for each other in some recipes or in processing chines
3) Cellulose and some natural products such as ur fawogae, bones, mukmoux
4) Сhlormethane nad another products of chlorine processing
5) Waste waters from angel's refining
6) Mud form angel's refining and Tailing from PYCP so it can be somehow used in crossing processing chains
7) Carbon Monoxide such as related product from carbon dioxde
8) Sodium
9) Manganese
10) Niobium
11) Using for ur nichrome
12) Some crossing for residual gas and flue gas - i think its different products, but they getting as residul products
13) More using for resin, rubber and plastics
14) Using for thermal water in ur mod, will be interesting
15) Using for purified water in ur mod as additional option for common water
16) The fate of ferric solution is also not really clear because its overhauled by boric acid
17) Fluorite and hydrofluoric acid
18) Rich dust

Some balance problems with getting some gases
Ratio for getting oxygen and nitrogen from 100 liquid air:
Bob's - 20 :5
Angel's - 5 : 5
Ratio for getting hydrogen and chlorine
Bob's - 25 : 20 - from 10 pure water + 1 salt
Angel's - 6 : 4 - from 100 saline water
But its workingб but nevertheless it is visible that badly in a balanced way

I agree, looks as moaning of the spoiled fan but very much everything unusually leaves it is visible that there is a potential for development
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

pyanodon wrote:
diongham wrote:I have a question about the other mods you're planning; sorry if this has been asked already (maybe put more info on the first page for everyone.)

At first it was. But now that i know about that other mod, i would rethink it
Oh okay. I wouldn't mind a more robust version of that mod, that integrates better with the new modding features. That mod is much older and doesn't have the best graphics either (which you're really good at btw). Their's doesn't produce tangible currency, and maybe yours could, just a suggestion.

Now I have a question about fusion, will it integrate with uranium power mod? That's a highly anticipated mod a lot of people use that added nuclear power before 0.15 and makes it the fuel production chain ridiculously complicated.

Anyway looking forward to this series as to me I have the most fun the more complicated the game becomes, and the more options available to play with.

Cheers
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

diongham wrote:Oh okay. I wouldn't mind a more robust version of that mod, that integrates better with the new modding features. That mod is much older and doesn't have the best graphics either (which you're really good at btw). Their's doesn't produce tangible currency, and maybe yours could, just a suggestion.

Now I have a question about fusion, will it integrate with uranium power mod? That's a highly anticipated mod a lot of people use that added nuclear power before 0.15 and makes it the fuel production chain ridiculously complicated.

Anyway looking forward to this series as to me I have the most fun the more complicated the game becomes, and the more options available to play with.

Cheers

Thank you :) Glad you like my graphics. WEll, your suggestions are good, but i dont think Financial will win this time, we have time to think about it

About fusion, it wont integrate with uranium mod because fusion and fission are completely different things and need very diverse materials and technologies to work. If fusion wins, it wont be a BIG mod, but the chains needed to keep it working is, indeed, complicated. I will enter in a "non-studied" area yet and probably the hi-end technologies in fusion will be more a sci-fi fantasy than we can do now with our current technology, but since the game runs in another planet, that means future so will be fun. We will start with current fusion technology which is already a complicated thing and will push further after that.

Uranium will be used, but not for power generation. As well some ingredients you already know while playing with PYCP such as Niobium, Borax, Methanol etc as well as new uses for Bob´s metals like Lithium, Silver and Zinc and it will interfere even more into Bob´s electronics.

Askeley, that´s a nice big list, thanks for posting.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

In the light of the last changes in electronics such, as changing crafting time for wooden board - 1.5 seconds in wood processing unit and 10 seconds by hand i have one suggestion to balance for electronic
Phenolic board - end result 1 item not 2 items, crafting time 5 seconds not 0.5 seconds - because crafting time for circuit board is 5 seconds
Fiberglass board - end result 1 item not 2 items, crafting time 6 seconds not 0.5 seconds - because crafting time for superior circuit board is 10 seconds and multi-layer circuit board is 15 seconds
Brains for robots also have 5 seconds and more crafting time
These changes have to level balance and make production more smooth in some degree

Return to “PyMods”