pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Satscape
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Satscape »

pyanodon wrote:
Satscape wrote:What version of Factorio does this work with, the forum title says 0.14.x, the mod says 0.15.x, I'm using 0.15.30 and it does this:
http://imgur.com/a/jHhDl
*Update: How do I get older versions? I've got 0.15.27 (oldest experimental version) and that gives the same error.
Its been fixed. Yhe mod is to run in 0.15.x
I have v0.3.1 of your mod (updated 2 days ago) and still get this error above. However, if I disable PYC.USE_CREOSOTE_IN -> power_poles in your config file (Line 18), it doesn't do the error any more and loads fine. Maybe conflicting with another mod that changes power pole recipes?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Satscape wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
Satscape wrote:What version of Factorio does this work with, the forum title says 0.14.x, the mod says 0.15.x, I'm using 0.15.30 and it does this:
http://imgur.com/a/jHhDl
*Update: How do I get older versions? I've got 0.15.27 (oldest experimental version) and that gives the same error.
Its been fixed. Yhe mod is to run in 0.15.x
I have v0.3.1 of your mod (updated 2 days ago) and still get this error above. However, if I disable PYC.USE_CREOSOTE_IN -> power_poles in your config file (Line 18), it doesn't do the error any more and loads fine. Maybe conflicting with another mod that changes power pole recipes?

Yes...that´s the issue.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Voting - alternative energy vs fusion energy 10 vs 10, who'll win? :)
After after introduction of nuclear power in 0.15 many people show that they want to use another sources of energy that's cool :idea: it will be quite good if it'll be clean
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Voting - alternative energy vs fusion energy 10 vs 10, who'll win? :)
After after introduction of nuclear power in 0.15 many people show that they want to use another sources of energy that's cool :idea: it will be quite good if it'll be clean

The only "real" clean energy would be fusion. Alternative energies mod will be with almost zero pollution, but will demand lots of space.
pY Coal processing mod

QuirkyCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by QuirkyCat »

pyanodon wrote:
QuirkyCat wrote:When running with bob's library (and no other bob's mods) I get this error..

1.227 Error ModManager.cpp:950: Failed to load mod "pycoalprocessing": __pycoalprocessing__/data-updates.lua:9: __pycoalprocessing__/prototypes/updates/bob-updates.lua:234: attempt to index field 'bob-resin-wood' (a nil value)
When using bobs, you must use bobsplates.
I'm using bob' library for something else, but not bob's plates.
Love your graphics btw.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

QuirkyCat wrote: I'm using bob' library for something else, but not bob's plates.
Love your graphics btw.
Thanks! For use bobs with PYCP you must use bobs plates :)
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I find it weird that energy picks are getting the most votes to be honest. With 0.15, energy is kinda done and dusted. Solid fuel steam is simple and plentiful, solar + accumulators remains for space hogging zero pollution power and nuclear scales great for the end game. I'd rather have something new the stock game doesn't cover or has few options for.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

For what it is possible to use acetylene in ur mod?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:For what it is possible to use acetylene in ur mod?

For now, to make some level of combustion fuel.
pY Coal processing mod

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

I voted for the Alien Processing because I think the game really needs to be expanded in that area, but I also really want to see a total rework of the science recipes. I think its been mentioned a couple of times before but the mod "BobExtended" https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended really does a bang-up job of rebalancing the science (pre v 0.15). I'd really like to see that mod's philosophy revived.

Also pyanodon why don't you integrate with angels mods? You're basically the reason angel made them, and your mods share all the same resources. I know you two have differing views on balance but I think it would be amazing for the two to pair up!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wildejackson wrote: I also really want to see a total rework of the science recipes
Me too, i like 3 new science pack, though it and work capacious process
Yes Bob's Extended mod is really hard and cool mod it brings some elements of marathon to gameplay, and this is one of the first mods which using silver for electronics, its science packs from Bob's Extended looks a little bit logical than another science packs but its was actual for 0.14, now many recipes are changed
Wildejackson wrote: Also pyanodon why don't you integrate with angels mods? You're basically the reason angel made them, and your mods share all the same resources. I know you two have differing views on balance but I think it would be amazing for the two to pair up!
Just let's not push on Nexela and pyandon and let me make what they consider important, i really want to see compatibility with angel's too, but there big work to do when it these can be friends

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Wildejackson wrote:I voted for the Alien Processing because I think the game really needs to be expanded in that area, but I also really want to see a total rework of the science recipes. I think its been mentioned a couple of times before but the mod "BobExtended" https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended really does a bang-up job of rebalancing the science (pre v 0.15). I'd really like to see that mod's philosophy revived.

Also pyanodon why don't you integrate with angels mods? You're basically the reason angel made them, and your mods share all the same resources. I know you two have differing views on balance but I think it would be amazing for the two to pair up!

Hi! Well, hightech research would change the remaining science recipes. If you liked what i did with PYCP in the 3 first levels, it would be even bigger in hightech. But in every expansion we will have a special science pack and/or adaptation of the vanilla ones.

About Angels...it´s a massive work...i need to talk with Nexela to see if it´s possible and the best way to do that. Also, i disagree of having the same resources...Angels focused in key parts of industry, with focus on other materials and ores. Although it´s impossible to be 100% different, i tried follow another path to bring more diversity instead of be more of the same.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: Although it´s impossible to be 100% different, i tried follow another path to bring more diversity instead of be more of the same.
I agree, now u have amazing oil processing with getting sulfur and ash, and branch with aromatics and olechemicals, good work!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote: Although it´s impossible to be 100% different, i tried follow another path to bring more diversity instead of be more of the same.
I agree, now u have amazing oil processing with getting sulfur and ash, and branch with aromatics and olechemicals, good work!

Thank you. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hello fellow builders!

Few things:

- There´s a new version on mod portal, please, update your game there. It should fix the recipe problem some people showed here. Thanks to Nexela.
- Still about him, we figure out that make a compatibility with angels mods will be a huge work and we cant do that alone. Both me and Nexela will be busy doing our stuff and i will leave it open to anyone who wanna help turn that mod compatible, we will provide all the support, just to you know how that thing may be complicated. He will still give me a support in the expansions :)
- About that expansions, it seems people wanna go green (or orange, the main color of that expansion). XD

primary render
Last edited by pyanodon on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pY Coal processing mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

pyanodon wrote:Hello fellow builders!

Few things:

- There´s a new version on mod portal, please, update your game there. It should fix the recipe problem some people showed here. Thanks to Nexela.
- Still about him, we figure out that make a compatibility with angels mods will be a huge work and we cant do that alone. Both me and Nexela will be busy doing our stuff and i will leave it open to anyone who wanna help turn that mod compatible, we will provide all the support, just to you know how that thing may be complicated. He will still give me a support in the expansions :)
- About that expansions, people wanna go green (or orange, the main color of that expansion). XD

primary render
Good! question what it financial ?
find bug
2017-07-22_5-07-35.jpg
2017-07-22_5-07-35.jpg (41.23 KiB) Viewed 7829 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

it isn't necessary to talk in riddles, Airat9000 - put mod list pls

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Whether there are any other applications ways of lead? i can use lead only on batteries and solder and for bullet projectiles in bob mod, I know that in general lead widespread metal

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ore Crusher / Jaw Crusher

Post by Sworn »

Replacing the Level 1 Ore crusher for a bigger and slower machine isn't very good, specially because the crafting speed and size changes tooooo much from burning, to Jaw Crusher, then Ore Crusher mk 2.

If it isn't 100% done yet, you could add a smaller version of it, with just the basic crushing stuff (stone, coal, basic ores..) with at least a little bit of increase in speed, more then a the burning ore crush.

Or keep it a different building and leaving the ore crusher lvl 1

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Separating cobalt from ash, interesting
All these separating methods to something new, useful approach... :)

Return to “PyMods”