Show me yours...

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Show me yours...

Post by Zyrconia »

So to get a better idea of the output profiles for both Refining and Smelting, including the size of the entire setup, I created and experiment: first I set up a base that handles green tech with ease using only mining, crushing and direct smelting. Using this setup, the only difference between a Bob's game and an Angel's game is the extra crusher step. The first attachment, iron1.png is the first version of the base.

In the second version and attachment, iron2.png, I added Jiv mining, Saph + Jiv sorting and a full Angel's Smelting setup.

It can almost output a full yellow belt of iron.

Next I'll add full on Angel's Aluminium processing.
Attachments
iron2.png
iron2.png (237.79 KiB) Viewed 13435 times
iron1.png
iron1.png (280.21 KiB) Viewed 13435 times

NameLips
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NameLips »

Three shots of my current Angels & Bobs game.
20170302232228_1.jpg
20170302232228_1.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 13335 times
20170302232256_1.jpg
20170302232256_1.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 13335 times
20170302232329_1.jpg
20170302232329_1.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 13335 times

barsonian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by barsonian »

I am working on a ore sorting/processing plant, which is basically the definition of overkill. It needs 188(!) extremely fast belts to properly get all the ores out of the sorters. pictures will follow when im finally done ;)

Amyclas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amyclas »

Bless me father, for I have sinned.

This is what happens when I put a single process, just 3 oil and gas separators and 6 oil refineries into a 30x30 factorissimo 2 mk1 factory building.

Just look at that silky steaming hot angel hair.

On the bright side, it's more or less throughput optimized, and the charlie foxtrot is kept indoors.

My first attempt at angels petrochem was not throughput optimized, it sprawled like crazy and only squirted out a piddle of plastic and lube to show for it. This one is, but the pipes are even more tangled.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

2017-04-18 (1).png
2017-04-18 (1).png (3.8 MiB) Viewed 13118 times
I need quite a bit of lime for lime dust production....

Amyclas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amyclas »

Because good space management requires too much bulk cognition:

I present my Factorissimo-Angels Nuclear Fuel Refinery

Overall map of this game - I plan on getting railways setup SOON-TM

I'm running Bob's Warfare with Rampant - AI. The aliens are breeding out of control and I rely on mexican walls to claim land and space.

The Factory with Labels:

Slag In, sulfur in, coal in, steel in, fuel assembly out. I produce sulfuric acid in-house and also siphon the surplus off to other plants.

I'm currently tackling a steel shortage... My legacy steel plant has a budget of 1/5 my iron ore. But I've been using way too much of it on building factories.

Refinery Lobby:

Coal Filter Room:

Purified Water Room:

Sulfuric Acid Room:

Mineral Sludge Room:

Waste Water Disposal Sub Room:

Deep Factory Level 1: Uranite and Fluorite Crystallizers.

Deep Refinery Level 2: Links to Fluorine Gas Plant, Yellow Cake, 0.7% to 4.7% U235 Refinery, the Fuel Assembly, The Depleted Uranium Ammo Assembly.

Fluorine Gas Room:

Yellow Cake and 0.7% U235 Level:

0.7% to 2.2% U235 Level:

2.2% U235 to 4.7% U235:

1.7 and 0.7% U235 Overflow - Nothing to see here.

4.7% U235 Fuel Assembly assemblers

0.2% U235 Depleted Uranium Pellets

Overflow Pellet Makers

Ammo Factory Lobby

Ammo Assembly: Currently suffering from Steel shortage

Nuclear Fuel Production is not that complicated. You need slag, Sulfuric Acid and Purified Water for the Uranite and Fluorite. Then More Sulfuric Acid and Fluorine gas for Yellow Cake. From there it's one giant circle jerk of reactions from 0.7% to 4.7% U235 looping around themselves until things break and overflow hilariously. Then you put the 4.7% U235 into fuel assemblies using steel plates, and you're good to ship the fuel off to the reactors.

I'm bottlenecked at steel - which causes 0.2% depleted uranium bottlenecks because I'm not making ammo fast enough.

Some of the uses of nuclear energy:

An enhanced electron beam turret behind a sniper turret gun line engaging titan and giant biters/spitters. The Titan biters WILL shred an AP ammo sniper turret gun line. (which is what most of my current defenses are made of) The only way to reliably stop them is with double gunlines with enhanced electron beam turret strong points... Or with the new fangled Depleted Uranium Ammo thing. When I can get steel production fixed.

Let's say I haven't needed to bother with feeding ammo into the sniper turrets because they always run out of hitpoints before they run out of ammo. Always.

Some time later, I created this baby:

A pure steel smelting plant nested within a Sitratite refining facility. The small room in the corner is an oxygen plant.

Metamorpher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metamorpher »

I would like to see more from this spaghetti build, with more details and better resolution please. This is one of the finest designs I've ever seen. Or maybe you can give me your save :roll:
<[Immortality is a Form of Live over Death]>

Grimlin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Grimlin »

Big Screenshot
This is my 8 belt output mirror-symetrical iron plate factory. It makes 8 full purple belts of iron plates from 2 belts of Jivolite ore and 2 belts of Saphirite ore (almost 32000 plates per minute). Also features logic controls for fluid handling and to display the current output belt throughput including lights to easily glimpse what's going on with the factory and a fully functional train terminal.
Had to mod several Angel's mods a bit to get the induction furnaces for example to be placeable in a mirrored build.

The original intention of this was in our multiplayer game to have a factory that makes a full belt of blue science beakers. So this was needed for the blue belt factory. By the time it's finished now that goal is obsolete because blue beakers need different materials now and the logistic beakers are also way easier to make (2 beakers for one blue belt : / ).

Gotta say, it was an absolute blast to build this even though it had to go through several major revisions due to changes in recipes, the performance of the factory modules themselfs and patch 0.15 too ofc. =D
Ty Angel for making these wonderful mods!

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Looks great grimlin, and bonus points for the Volkseigene Betrieb. :D

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Behold, a Mess!

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Bioplastics

All my plastics are produced from bioprocessing. This setup is both producing plastic and disposing of crushed stone.

The bottom row of algae farms are responsible for producing methanol, because the mineralized water enters from the bottom-left they get first dibs since producing plastic is higher priority than (merely) disposing of crushed stone by turning it into CO2.
The top row of algae farms are responsible for producing carbon dioxide (this process produces 2.3x as much CO2 as it consumes - I assume the balance comes from atmospheric CO2 and carbonates in the mineralized water). CO2 can come from three sources: waste CO2 from other processes like lime gets highest priority, followed by CO2 from the bioprocessing (if there is enough mineralized water) and finally CO2 from coal.

Early on I just stored the residual gas in the big tank (and used a little to make lube), eventually I started cracking it into more methanol. The only uses I presently have for fossil fuels is to make base mineral oil for lube and natural gas for manganese smelting.

darkszero
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darkszero »

Since there are so many good looking bases here, I'll share mine:

Partial overview of the base. It's bot only because last time I played with Bob+Angels the mess was impossible and I half used bots anyway.

Here we have my ore, slug and gem processing. We can also see part of my steam power. There's also a 4 reactor nuclear power plant to the south east.

Here we have the sorting and part of the smelting.

Here I make ammonia, sodium, some nitric* stuff and hydrogen.

Here's the main part of the petrochem. Try to follow the tungsten underground pipes. There's at least 5 horizontal ones that brings some liquids from 60+ tiles distances under everything.

Petrochem didn't fit in only one screenshot.

Adraxas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Adraxas »

Arch asked for spaghetti soo...
Wish i had gotten a picture of my old 0.14 base. Now THAT was a mess so big you couldn't have fit it on one fully zoomed out screen.
Attachments
This is my red science, green science, and basic electronic board production section.
This is my red science, green science, and basic electronic board production section.
20170719020626_1.jpg (816.26 KiB) Viewed 12359 times

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Crafting combinators+Angel Strand casting machine

Post by Sedar »

Here is an universal Casting factory, which can produce anything made in Strand casting machine. Of the preferred materials if they are available(manganese/silicone for iron/steel for example). This factory is controlled by signal(wireless circuit) from outside controller which ordered current order(or standby if no order). In best posible config (Strand casting machine/Induction furtrance MK4) this setup can produce 36 sheet coils/sec or 72 wire coils/sec (but require upgrade for belts lines)

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi, this is my utilisation of Infinite coal patches...
i had a few spots of infinite (from a larger patch earlier), and i managed to strategically place 26 drills around them, (including a larger bucket drill) to go from only 770 coal per minute, to about 2500 units per minite :)
Attachments
alt-inf_coal_utilisation-770-ppm-vs-2500-usepermin-x26Drills.png
alt-inf_coal_utilisation-770-ppm-vs-2500-usepermin-x26Drills.png (7.25 MiB) Viewed 12114 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

My first ever "end-game" copper build could sure do with a symmetry pass...

But don't have time. Nothing works properly in this blasted base :).
Attachments
copper.png
copper.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 11932 times

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi, it still looks symmetrical to me (even if reverse mirror symmetrical) still looks cool :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

the water quarry

it can produce infinite ore at everywhere

need pydon coal mod, and water pump mod.

man, my design are clusterfuck

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hellatze wrote: the water quarry
What u mean& purified water quarry? Or mean tar from PYCP?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

aklesey1 wrote:
Hellatze wrote: the water quarry
What u mean& purified water quarry? Or mean tar from PYCP?
it uses water-sourced by the pumps from the waterwell mod-and then makes all the ores from there.

Return to “Angels Mods”