Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

urmet
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by urmet »

aklesey1 wrote:Sorry, what? My bob's recipe for tinned copper wire is still available with new update and i researched all starting technologies
Smelting 0.3.4 added tinned copper wire from strand casting machine. The problem is that the added recipe is not unlocked without re-researching it.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

There is the mod, which may help
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/atchoum/ ... you-hidden

I used it one time in 0.14 after a big mod update and missing recipes and it helped me out

urmet
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by urmet »

jodokus31 wrote:There is the mod, which may help
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/atchoum/ ... you-hidden

I used it one time in 0.14 after a big mod update and missing recipes and it helped me out
Nice. Angels's smelting breaking on update is credited as the reason for creating this mod :lol:

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

Arch666Angel wrote:
NeilN wrote:I don't know if this is a problem with Angels or Foreman as this is my first time producing Tungsten plates but Foreman crashes when I try to enter a fixed rate for the powder mixture to plate recipe (the image parameter is null). Further investigation reveals a lot of crashing on different recipes (powder mixture, nickel plates, etc.). Rolling back today's changes causes the crashes to go away.
I bet that foreman has issues with recipes that include recursion, everything that includes materials going in a loop.
It doesn't have an issue with the Kovarex recipe which has the looped materials I think you're referring to.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

NeilN wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
NeilN wrote:I don't know if this is a problem with Angels or Foreman as this is my first time producing Tungsten plates but Foreman crashes when I try to enter a fixed rate for the powder mixture to plate recipe (the image parameter is null). Further investigation reveals a lot of crashing on different recipes (powder mixture, nickel plates, etc.). Rolling back today's changes causes the crashes to go away.
I bet that foreman has issues with recipes that include recursion, everything that includes materials going in a loop.
It doesn't have an issue with the Kovarex recipe which has the looped materials I think you're referring to.
Well it's not my app and I can only guess where the problem is. You have to bring it up with the author of Foreman if you want a fix.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Refining --0.7.19
-tweaked some recipes for buildings
-added expensive recipes for all buildings
-added expensive recipes for sorting, crystallizing, crushed to stone, crushed to plates
-added mod settings to adjust expensive settings
-fixed broken vanilla mode

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

NeilN wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Are you really refering to foreman? (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/Foreman), the blueprint manager?

I'm using Helmod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Helfima/helmod) and it does have some problems with the recursion recipes, if you use it as starting recipe:
you cannot enter the Output number, but it doesn't crash:
If you start further up in the tree, it works better, but not perfectly, because the input is not counted

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

jodokus31 wrote: Are you really refering to foreman? (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/Foreman), the blueprint manager?

I'm using Helmod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Helfima/helmod) and it does have some problems with the recursion recipes, if you use it as starting recipe:
you cannot enter the Output number, but it doesn't crash:
If you start further up in the tree, it works better, but not perfectly, because the input is not counted
This Foreman: https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/foreman/

But as Arch666Angel said, not his issue.

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

NeilN wrote: This Foreman: https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/foreman/

But as Arch666Angel said, not his issue.
Try this: https://bitbucket.org/Pobiega/foreman/overview
A fork with better 0.15 compatibility. But still some issues with recursion.

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

Edit: Thanks Exasperation for the correction.

Hello,

I guess you're aware the new Refining update kinda broke everything, can't load the game because of a '+' sign.
Modifying refining-override.lua around line 60 and 159 to remove add " seems to work.

{ name = "angelsore1-chunk-processing", ingredients = {{ {type = "item", name = "angels-ore1-chunk", amount= +1} }}, results = {{ {type = "item", name = "y-res1", amount=1} }} },
becomes
{ name = "angelsore1-chunk-processing", ingredients = {{ {type = "item", name = "angels-ore1-chunk", amount= "+1"} }}, results = {{ {type = "item", name = "y-res1", amount=1} }} },
Last edited by koopa on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

The

Code: Select all

+1
should actually be

"+1"
, not

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Is there a reason why none of the intermediate steps in metallurgy don't support productivity modules? It's all intermediate products.....

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Now with this new cooling stuff I have this excess steam that I don't necessarily want to truck elsewhere in the base. Can we make flair stack burn off steam? or perhaps add a recipe to the cooling tower that condenses steam back to water at the cost of more energy?

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

iamwyza wrote:Now with this new cooling stuff I have this excess steam that I don't necessarily want to truck elsewhere in the base. Can we make flair stack burn off steam? or perhaps add a recipe to the cooling tower that condenses steam back to water at the cost of more energy?
Why not just put a steam engine and generate electricity instead of spending it to have water ?

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Also, question: How exactly is steam temperature and power generation related to each other? If i feed low-temp steam into a steam engine, do I get less power? Does it consume more? Is it less efficient? Am I losing power if i premix all the different temperature steams from the cooling towers? And how does this all work with the various tiers of steam engines from bob's mods?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

buggy123 wrote:Also, question: How exactly is steam temperature and power generation related to each other? If i feed low-temp steam into a steam engine, do I get less power? Does it consume more? Is it less efficient? Am I losing power if i premix all the different temperature steams from the cooling towers? And how does this all work with the various tiers of steam engines from bob's mods?
The steam engines have a maximum temperature listed when you mouse over them. If your steam is 150 degrees and the maximum temperature is 300 degrees, then you're only going to receive half of the maximum power production. The amount of steam used is probably going to be higher since the engine can't satisfy demand as well as it would with higher heat steam, which is why you want it as close to the maximum as possible for better efficiency. (This is based on my personal observation)

Bob's steam engines have different maximum temperatures as do the turbines used by reactors. I've also noticed that if the temperature is under 100 degrees then the steam engines refuse to work no matter what, so the 50 degree steam from cooling is only useful for cracking.

Hopefully that answers things well enough, but I'm sure someone with far more time on their hands can answer it better.

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Light wrote:
buggy123 wrote:Also, question: How exactly is steam temperature and power generation related to each other? If i feed low-temp steam into a steam engine, do I get less power? Does it consume more? Is it less efficient? Am I losing power if i premix all the different temperature steams from the cooling towers? And how does this all work with the various tiers of steam engines from bob's mods?
The steam engines have a maximum temperature listed when you mouse over them. If your steam is 150 degrees and the maximum temperature is 300 degrees, then you're only going to receive half of the maximum power production. The amount of steam used is probably going to be higher since the engine can't satisfy demand as well as it would with higher heat steam, which is why you want it as close to the maximum as possible for better efficiency. (This is based on my personal observation)

Bob's steam engines have different maximum temperatures as do the turbines used by reactors. I've also noticed that if the temperature is under 100 degrees then the steam engines refuse to work no matter what, so the 50 degree steam from cooling is only useful for cracking.

Hopefully that answers things well enough, but I'm sure someone with far more time on their hands can answer it better.
Thank you, that explains it well. Also I just checked and the wiki also has all this info, whoops.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Advanced Bronze Smelting 1 & 2 give molten bronze recipes that are the same except the second tier cost more but doesn't provide any benefit, is this a bug?

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

I found a sort-of issue with Bob's mod compatibility. Lithium perchlorate can only be produced in a bob's mod electrolyzer, using bob's version of purified water (which is made in a assembly machine for some reason). There shouldn't be any mods causing conflicts, see the picture for details.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

buggy123 wrote:
Light wrote:

Thank you, that explains it well. Also I just checked and the wiki also has all this info, whoops.
Which is problematic because you can't seem to barrel steam by default so moving it around is a pain.

Return to “Angels Mods”