pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

Ohhhh yeahhhh at last it WORKS!!!! MK01 is online, Houston i repeat MK01 is online - my congratulations to pyanodon he did it!!! :mrgreen:
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Crap, u probably haven't understood what I just told you about - water and coal gas will mix, man!!!
I did all as u showт but its now working, something's wrong
Dude...use underground pipes....it isnt that hard.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Here, some example. With only CP1 tech, plenty of fuel and energy. Im running my entire initial base with that.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Suggestion for optical fiber- may be we must use it next electronic circuits and in modules as component?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Suggestion for optical fiber- may be we must use it next electronic circuits and in modules as component?
Optical fibers will have a very big use later in the game. It will be basic ingredient in high-tech expansion (if it win) and in other expansions. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I see so you switched them to single fluid in this version. My older save loaded fine with one error about a nil accessing tailing ponds.

What do the cooling towers do by the way? Just turn steam back into water? Why not shunt the steam to a tank and run steam engines off it - more power per coal.

Edit: this error

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I see so you switched them to single fluid in this version. My older save loaded fine with one error about a nil accessing tailing ponds.

What do the cooling towers do by the way? Just turn steam back into water? Why not shunt the steam to a tank and run steam engines off it - more power per coal.
Yes, but when you dont have water nearby, you can make a closed loop too. That mod give people several options. :)

Ratzap wrote:Edit: this error
That should happens because you didnt started a new game.
pY Coal processing mod

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I shall try and pump out a fix for it tonight

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: Yes, but when you dont have water nearby, you can make a closed loop too. That mod give people several options. :)
Fair enough but I think you need to play test and balance a little more because as it is now the waste steam engine power far exceeds the power produced by the turbine. The closed cycle thing is cool and all but needs tinkering.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings fellow builders!

Today we release a new beta version, more optimized and with less bugs. Grab there in the first page.

It recommended to start a new game if you´re playing with 0.2.4 or lower . :D
Last edited by pyanodon on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pY Coal processing mod

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

get this error with latest beta:
py coal 2.png
py coal 2.png (14.64 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi steinio, i u read previous messages from me before u can saw that error causes with CMH mods
Here:
aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Factorio 0.15.30 only bob's + PYCP error when launching - https://yadi.sk/i/ACUC0ZjV3L5BdN
Weird....i didnt find any erros with the same config as you. Same in different computers. Did you delete the previous version?
Of course i'm always deleting old versions
And i found I have found responsible for a problem - its CMH End game mod - addon for bob's mods, i thought ur mod already can work with this mod, this mod doesn't changig many things in bob's mod, some sad :(
maybe you can consider influence of CMH End game mod in the future in order to avoid the conflicts

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/CMH/CMHModBobEndGame - i'm using this version and here's another version exists https://mods.factorio.com/mods/CMH/CMHMod
The point is that this mod exists for a long time and you could even be familiar with the CMH, he has topic on bob's forum viewtopic.php?f=51&t=26053

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

This could be a bug or a simple 'shit happens'. I have a coal distiller rotated so the active connection of the 2 pipes pointing up is on the right (tar). When I loaded after downloading the new version, the building was back in it's initial state and my connections no longer fitted. I had to rotate it again.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon, I have noticed that the cost of your buildings is almost twice higher than if to look at a scale of increase in cost in angel mod as example
May be u can increase cost of another buildings from vanilla or 5dim or bob's on 40-50%? Approximately to level their cost and that there was no sharp difference in the price

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Pyanodon, I have noticed that the cost of your buildings is almost twice higher than if to look at a scale of increase in cost in angel mod as example
May be u can increase cost of another buildings from vanilla or 5dim or bob's on 40-50%? Approximately to level their cost and that there was no sharp difference in the price
My buildings are expensive because they (almost all) is mass production buildings. I wont change vanilla or other mod´s "prices". In most cases is not cool change stuff other people created.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: My buildings are expensive because they (almost all) is mass production buildings. I wont change vanilla or other mod´s "prices". In most cases is not cool change stuff other people created.
Exactly. You are the author of this mod, you balance it based on your own ideas and your mods aesthetic. What people toss in with it is not your problem and should not alter your design plans IMO.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Exactly. You are the author of this mod, you balance it based on your own ideas and your mods aesthetic. What people toss in with it is not your problem and should not alter your design plans IMO.
;)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon what do u think making ruber and more valuable, i'm talking not only about insulating wires
Examples
Rubber plugs, motor belt (to engines -how engine can work without belt or chain???), rubber gasket, flexible rubber hose, protecting casings

Plastic is worrying me too - for the most part its middle-game material< can we use it mass in end game for what that hi-tech? I'm often playing not with Petrochem but with his addon PetrochemPlus - i can get hug counts of plastics from natural gas фтв sometimes the amount of plastic considerably exceeds my requirements only if I am not engaged in production of bob modules :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Pyanodon what do u think making ruber and more valuable, i'm talking not only about insulating wires
Examples
Rubber plugs, motor belt (to engines -how engine can work without belt or chain???), rubber gasket, flexible rubber hose, protecting casings

Plastic is worrying me too - for the most part its middle-game material< can we use it mass in end game for what that hi-tech? I'm often playing not with Petrochem but with his addon PetrochemPlus - i can get hug counts of plastics from natural gas фтв sometimes the amount of plastic considerably exceeds my requirements only if I am not engaged in production of bob modules :D
Dont worry if high tech wins, plastic will be consumed like hell. Its a good insulation. Rubber i dunno, but will have more uses too. In my mod you can produce plastics and rubber from aromatics too. If bobs are installed
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm worrying about rubber and resin because petrochem allows to produce it in huge counts too pyanodon ;) :D .... i need to ask Arch666angel about his plans for resin and rubber, otherwise why he began to do a possibility of mass production of it

Having read a little information on oil and gas of manufacturing industry I have understood that in natural gas there are a lot of aromatic gases so here quite big cross point with ur mod

Return to “PyMods”