Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Zombiee »

Oh my. Oh my.

My first thought was 'That's gorgeous! Add to the game now!"

My second thought was "Oh god, how am I going to recolor the orange?! There are yellows, oranges and reds ALL OVER!"

Sheet coil forge? Do you make these things in blender or something else?

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

nice anims :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

btw i managed to fix that Alien Analysis issue, by editing a file to set "enabled = true," for the entity and the recipes (since it looks like it just wasnt able to unlock them, if the technology in an existing game was already unlocked, so no more issues there.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arch666Angel wrote:Image

Oh i love it :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Judging by the fires and the coil spinning on the bottom-left I'd say its a recolor for Synthering Oven? Or is it just another machine from hell that came to toss all the ratios through the window? :D

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Arch666Angel wrote:Image
Is that an ore material dryer? Sintering oven? Sorry, I do not know the exact term for this machine.

nucleargen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nucleargen »

What about remote interface to add infinite ores in Angels Infinite Ores?
The brightest future in the center of a nuclear explosion...2003©nucleargen

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

nucleargen wrote:What about remote interface to add infinite ores in Angels Infinite Ores?
Yeah. I would like to add Cnc's Sulfur ore mod to the Infinite Ore mod if possible.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Tomik wrote:Is that an ore material dryer? Sintering oven? Sorry, I do not know the exact term for this machine.
Is machine to make metal coilsi suppose.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Whatever this new machine is, it looks incredible.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

How the hell do you get mud? I looked over the recipes and it looks like a circular dependency list. Everything that gives mud uses some kind of mud water which eventually needs mud.

BTW, Smelting is in a good place right now. I'm not sure it needs the complication of having a new kind of clay brick in order to craft Refining buildings.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Zyrconia wrote:How the hell do you get mud? I looked over the recipes and it looks like a circular dependency list. Everything that gives mud uses some kind of mud water which eventually needs mud...
The seafloor pump is the starting point.
I like the washing process somehow, because it adds another source entity. Although I think its a bit odd, that you can potentially create enough landfill out of the sea in order to fill it completely. It would be interesting and challenging, if the sea is growing or shrinking...

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Zyrconia wrote:How the hell do you get mud? I looked over the recipes and it looks like a circular dependency list. Everything that gives mud uses some kind of mud water which eventually needs mud.

BTW, Smelting is in a good place right now. I'm not sure it needs the complication of having a new kind of clay brick in order to craft Refining buildings.
The clay bricks aren't that difficult to obtain. The reason they (and the two types of concrete brick) were added is presumably to gate higher-tier technology behind some extra infrastructure requirements. I think it makes sense from a mechanical viewpoint, since more complicated technology should probably be heavier and thus need stronger foundations in the form of the more advanced bricks. They're not just for Refining either; they're used in higher-tier machines from the rest of Angel's mods as well.

I'm putting together a guide to the processing chains relating to the seafloor pump; it'll be uploaded as a new topic in this subforum later. It will probably help you out (I would certainly hope so anyway).

EDIT: I have put together the guide. It is here: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=50399

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

I am having the same problem in regards to the MUD.
I posted a Question about it there too.

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=50399&p=293426#p293426

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

Its it normal for the doing the nickel pellet processing the final step in the chemical furnace requires nickel ingots and nickel carbonyl. it seems wired that you need nickel ingots to make nickel ingots

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

adamcirillo wrote:Its it normal for the doing the nickel pellet processing the final step in the chemical furnace requires nickel ingots and nickel carbonyl. it seems wired that you need nickel ingots to make nickel ingots
This is normal. I've calculated the ratios for all of the smelting processes (in a set of guides I made for the smelting mod; there's a nickel smelting guide if you scroll down a bit: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=50437). The third-tier nickel smelting process loops back 1/4 of the output of the final blast furnace back into the same blast furnace. It seems a little confusing, but ultimately the ratio works out to be exactly 2 ingots per 1 ore (taking into account the loop). I think the idea is that the nickel ingots serve as a catalyst for producing more ingots from the nickel carbonyl. You do need a few nickel ingots to start the process, but you can produce those with an earlier process (manually do a single recipe if you want to skip straight to third-tier nickel).

Nickel isn't the only process with a loop like this; silicon and gold have similar loops. In any case, the first-tier smelting process for any metal returns ingots from ore with a 1:1 ratio, the second tier multiplies input by 1.5, and the third tier multiplies input by 2.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Hi author dear :)

I have an idea, but not in a fashion to make the function

Used barrels were not simply empty barrels, and disposed of the barrels, you can't have them to reuse, just recycle with a reduced amount of raw material and the side material (the common side).

and also with catalysts - the catalyst used.

Привет автор дорогой :)

у меня возникла идея, а нельзя в моде сделать функцию

Что использованные бочки были, не просто пустые бочки, а утилизированные бочки, нельзя бы их повторно использовать, а только переработать с уменьшенным количеством сырья и побочного материала (общего побочного материала).

и также с катализаторами - использованный катализатор.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Any chance to get Mk3/Mk4 washing stations?

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Arch.......
Is there any way of a possibility that you can put in a feature so we can pick up the Petrochem Gas Tank without losing its contents.?
Basically I don't want to lose 125,000u - If I need to move the Petrochem Gas Tank if its in the way of something while im building..

thanks

CTSCommando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CTSCommando »

Twsted wrote:Is there any way of a possibility that you can put in a feature so we can pick up the Petrochem Gas Tank without losing its contents.?
Basically I don't want to lose 125,000u - If I need to move the Petrochem Gas Tank if its in the way of something while im building..
Just put another tank where you want it to be, connect the two with a pipe and a pump, and wait for it to empty. Simples.

When you pick up a container the contents empties into your inventory. If the container is a chest the items appear in your inventory, but since you can't physically hold 125,000 units of liquid it spills through your fingers and disappears. This is a good thing, because if you could simply pick up and move a full petrochem gas tank you could then drop it on a belt or put it in your logistics system and things would get all kinds of weird. Imagine a steel chest containing 48 stacks of full petrochem gas tanks...

Return to “Angels Mods”