Map Display/warning for out of ammo

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Map Display/warning for out of ammo

Post by Xeorm »

So, had a pretty quick suggestion for: Turrets without ammo should have a map icon showing that they're out of ammo, ideally along with a warning marker similar to the other turret warnings that they've run dry. It would be immensely useful in keeping track of what's happening.

djvanryan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Map Display/warning for out of ammo

Post by djvanryan »

How about adding a technology for radars so the tower can submit message that your ammo is out?

Chthon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chthon »

Better yet, how about an upgraded turret that integrates with the logistics network and requests it's own ammo? Those kind of items already have alerts, like construction jobs with no workers assigned.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

djvanryan wrote:How about adding a technology for radars so the tower can submit message that your ammo is out?
Yea some sort of antenna to transmit the info to you
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Well, I'm not sure if I do things differently, but I find myself switching over to laser turrets waaaay before I get far enough in that the logistics or circuit network comes into play. (Largely due to not needing to restock ammo)

Chthon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chthon »

Xeorm wrote:Well, I'm not sure if I do things differently, but I find myself switching over to laser turrets waaaay before I get far enough in that the logistics or circuit network comes into play. (Largely due to not needing to restock ammo)
That's pretty much why everyone switches, but in theory a regular turret with AP ammo can be even more effective against medium and small biters, and possible even large biters. This is due to the bonuses from ammo and turret damage stacking. I've seen them do 15 damage a shot easily at 10 times a second. Plus they don't brown out when you run out of power.

If you include a smart turret that can request bots with ammo, it can become competitive late game with setting up fast base defenses.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”