Capsule Launcher

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Capsule Launcher

Post by Flux Faraday »

Does anyone else think a capsule launcher would be cool? Specifically, a turret which takes capsules as ammunition. At the current state of the enemies and combat system, it isn't really necessary, I've never seen an attack at my walls that a dozen laser turrets couldn't handle. But if the biters ever start swarming in dozens or hundreds, area-of-effect turrets would be handy and fun to watch. It would also be fun to have conditions under which the launcher activates, such as when the number of destroyed objects (walls, hopefully) exceeds a certain count in the immediate vicinity. Or, when the count of nearby biters exceeds a threshold.
Fun, fun, fun!

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Capsule Launcher

Post by GewaltSam »

That would be a great way to add some more use to the capsules and the different kinds of combat robots. I like it :)

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

GewaltSam wrote:That would be a great way to add some more use to the capsules and the different kinds of combat robots. I like it :)
MORE USE :shock: !?

Those poison capsules, defender capsules etc. etc. are all extremely helpful when dealing with biters!! :O
But yea i do agree to adding turrets that shoot out those capsules ;)
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

jorgenRe wrote:
GewaltSam wrote:That would be a great way to add some more use to the capsules and the different kinds of combat robots. I like it :)
MORE USE :shock: !?

Those poison capsules, defender capsules etc. etc. are all extremely helpful when dealing with biters!! :O
But yea i do agree to adding turrets that shoot out those capsules ;)
Of course they are pretty useful, i meant more kinds of uses. Right now, your only option is to throw them yourself. A launcher would integrate combat robots into the whole automation process. You would bring them by belt or logistics to your launchers, and they would be activated automatically.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”