Guide: Seafloor Pump & Mud Water

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Guide: Seafloor Pump & Mud Water

Post by Twsted »

ok, sorry for the delay reply, I was ripping my factorio to shreds.

I uninstalled Angels mods.
I uninstalled Bobs mods.
Uninstalled AAI Industry (juuuuust incase), since it was the 3rd in the chain as someone mentioned earlier, to uninstall and reinstall.
I updated factorio to 15.26 from 15.25 as well.

Reinstalled everything in reverse order.... just incase something funky is garbled some where, making sure Angel's mod was last and bobs mods was second to last.
Now the machine pumped out carbon. It didnt do it before, so I thought I was being forced to start from the water source by the mod creator in order to get it.
and was having the mud problem too. Thats why I was having the problem.

I appreciate EVERYONE that took time out to try to help me.
Thank you. its very appreciated. im very new when it comes to the mod part of it and im learning as I go along.
Thank you to everyone who posted for your patients and info, and most of all thanks for being kind and nice. I appreciate that very very much :)

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Twsted wrote:I appreciate EVERYONE that took time out to try to help me.
Thank you. its very appreciated. im very new when it comes to the mod part of it and im learning as I go along.
Thank you to everyone who posted for your patients and info, and most of all thanks for being kind and nice. I appreciate that very very much :)
Just a small word of advice when it comes to mods, but you may want to take them one at a time instead of something like a mod pack or many at once. That way you know what each mod changes exactly and if it's something you may want. It also helps to determine any conflicts with other mods to prevent such issues.

I've gone through the portal front to back many times, installing and testing pretty much every single mod one at a time to try them and see what worked for my play style and didn't break other mods. It has taken several weeks to get the mods that are a "perfect fit", but it was worth the trial and error and constant testing as some mods did in fact cause conflicts, screw up recipes, and even break saves.

This way you're not hunting a needle in a haystack when something seems off, plus you know exactly what mod developer to talk to about checking into it so others don't have the issue either.

PS: Keep many saves just in case of a worst case scenario where a mod can break your save, it's rare but can happen.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I'm really paranoid on updating (although I didn't account any major problems so far)
- I have the game installed as zip standalone.
- Everytime a new update of base game or mod are available i create a copy of the whole thing (or better: a sync to my backup folder)
- Then I update and check.
- Sometimes, minor things are screwed up, or recipes changes, which are fixed very soon by the devs or which I got to fix myself
- In the meantime, I can decide to rollback all or partly

BTW: Thanks for the guides. I'm trying myself (because thats the challenge...), but now I know where to search for hints :)
(The thing with feeding back the excess mud to the chain i got to try to avoid creating tons of landfill)

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

BTW: Thanks for the guides. I'm trying myself (because thats the challenge...), but now I know where to search for hints :)
(The thing with feeding back the excess mud to the chain i got to try to avoid creating tons of landfill)
I honestly don't think my guides remove too much of the challenge from the mods. They remove the difficulty of figuring out how all the machines work and which recipes do what, but really those are things which I think should be some of the earliest things for players to be able to understand, and if not understood can be a serious detriment to gameplay (hence my making these guides). However, I think the actual challenge of Angel's mods is managing all the resources to make sure that a) you have plenty of the materials you need, and b) you don't fill up your storage with materials you don't need and subsequently have all production shut down.

Petrochem is probably the best example; knowing what processes lead to what chemicals is one thing, but managing the inputs and outputs so you get a good enough rate of production of, for example, plastic from coal, without filling up on the byproducts from intermediate steps is where the real difficulty (and for me, the most fun part of the mod) lies. This is why I don't include perfect-ratio builds, and I use creative-mode entities in the guides to void secondary byproducts rather than storing them or using them elsewhere (with the exception of the few that can be directly looped back into an earlier stage of a specific production chain, which mostly applies to the smelting mod).

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

eloquentJane wrote:
I honestly don't think my guides remove too much of the challenge from the mods. They remove the difficulty of figuring out how all the machines work and which recipes do what, but really those are things which I think should be some of the earliest things for players to be able to understand, and if not understood can be a serious detriment to gameplay (hence my making these guides). However, I think the actual challenge of Angel's mods is managing all the resources to make sure that a) you have plenty of the materials you need, and b) you don't fill up your storage with materials you don't need and subsequently have all production shut down.

Petrochem is probably the best example; knowing what processes lead to what chemicals is one thing, but managing the inputs and outputs so you get a good enough rate of production of, for example, plastic from coal, without filling up on the byproducts from intermediate steps is where the real difficulty (and for me, the most fun part of the mod) lies. This is why I don't include perfect-ratio builds, and I use creative-mode entities in the guides to void secondary byproducts rather than storing them or using them elsewhere (with the exception of the few that can be directly looped back into an earlier stage of a specific production chain, which mostly applies to the smelting mod).
I agree, there are different kind of changelles, and it can be really frustating to figure out yourself "how" it works. If you only played vanilla, it is really overwhelming. So I really appreciate the guides very much and also the focus on very small excerpts without showing the best ratio builds. Its also a good reference, because its hard to keep everything in mind.
And the other changelles are plenty: It's always the question, which is the next step and what process should take priority in order to manage the byproducts, which are needed sometime. For example: Creating Coke from Crushed Coal directly or use the Clean Coke process to get sulfuric acid.
I got to the point, where a simple main bus doesn't worked out very well. It's simply to much and too big. And i don't want to use logistic robots for basis production. Now, I'm playing with mod "Logistic Train Network" with distributed outposts/modules and its really fun and highly recommended imho.

Metamorpher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metamorpher »

@eloquentJane
What is this mod you're using for burning slag and crushed stones?

I found it by myself, it's Flare Stack.
<[Immortality is a Form of Live over Death]>

Return to “Angels Mods”