[MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Post by Earendel »

Ok. As a temporary solution I'm halving the amount of wood required. There needs to be an insulator in the recipe.

Toxomania
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toxomania »

Hey,

the Fuel Processor seems very buggy to me, I've noticed two things so far:

- When mining it, the first time I got an electric furnace in return and the second time I got nothing at all

- the graphics seem to be bugged, it shows as a 6x6 building: http://i.imgur.com/dX2lofT.png

though when hovering over it, you see it's actually a 3x3 building, and the building is not powered unless the 3x3 square is. http://i.imgur.com/aucDVGf.png

When the building is working, this: http://i.imgur.com/0C9vVU3.png is what you see. only whats inside the 3x3 square is animated, the rest is still.

Apart from that, I'm loving your mods so far, keep up the nice work!

Edit: If it's any help, this is my mod list: http://i.imgur.com/SRCmVKd.png

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

I've found a bug with your mod it changes bob's assembly machine 3 to use the tier 3 circuit when it should be using the tier 2 circuit just checked with bob himself and he confirmed that's how it should be. the assembly machine 4 is correct

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The mod portal is still not working so here is the update.
Attachments
aai-industry_0.1.10.zip
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

the recipe is fixed for me now thanks

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Mod portal looks to be up now.

Cheers
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

sbadkins4@yahoo.com
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sbadkins4@yahoo.com »

Sir,
Maybe add rubber as a belt ingredient? Possibly add an early but inefficient way to make lubricant and add it as a component to motors?
Thank you for your time.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

I don't think belts should be more complex, at least not tier 1. Remember they are used to produce science packs, meaning it would be bad if they are too hard to produce. It would be particularly bad if it means you need a higher tier assembler to produce them. Worst case could be needing to assemble tousands by hand until you have researched an assembler good enough to build tier one belts.... that's just wrong and not in the spirit of the game.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Hy there @Earendel, first, very impressive mods that you is pulling together.

I don't got why electric labs requires burner labs and assembler machine 1 don't require burner assemble machines. Seems weird, you solve a lot of "trash" problems putting to be upgraded, then add one that does not. The recipe could be the burner assembler + circuits + electric motor

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Nightinggale wrote:I don't think belts should be more complex, at least not tier 1. Remember they are used to produce science packs, meaning it would be bad if they are too hard to produce. It would be particularly bad if it means you need a higher tier assembler to produce them. Worst case could be needing to assemble tousands by hand until you have researched an assembler good enough to build tier one belts.... that's just wrong and not in the spirit of the game.
You could add a lower tier of belts that require wooden planks; they would be very slow.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Wooden belts would make the need for wood even worse and it wouldn't fix the issue of science packs needing yellow belts. Apart from that I like the idea. Vikings moved ships across land on wooden rollers, which were most likely lubed with half rotten fish. This theory has been tested and it works while unlubed rollers didn't work. This means wood + fish (not much of either) would be able to make low tech belts, but this opens up the question: what to do if you start somewhere without fish?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to think of tree spread. I think there is a mod for that already. It might need some adjustments to be balanced with this mod.

If this mod takes the path of a lot of changes to vanilla recipes, it might be a good idea to split it into two, one for added burners and one for new recipes. I'm still not certain I like adding a huge need for stone and wood since I'm having problems gathering enough. Also cutting down all the forests within range means less pollution cleanup.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Sworn wrote:I don't got why electric labs requires burner labs and assembler machine 1 don't require burner assemble machines. Seems weird, you solve a lot of "trash" problems putting to be upgraded, then add one that does not. The recipe could be the burner assembler + circuits + electric motor
The recipe did require the burner version before... but the recipe change got broken at some point. Thanks for pointing it out, that's fixed in the latest version.

Regarding the low-tech side of wooden transport belt and more burner entities, if I did that it would be part of an addon mod and there would need to be ways of making wood renewable. Also if I did that I might as well make you start from medieval tech. Ran out of bullet for your pistol - well you don't know how to make more so I guess you're going to be running round with a sword and/or bow for a while. Actually I quite like that idea... swords are awesome.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

As much as I love how this mod handles the expansion of the burner phase, having belts even slower than the snail pace yellow belts sounds like a waste of resources and redundant enough to make you prefer hand transferring materials until yellow belts slowly move your stuff instead.

I'll also side with Nightinggale on this one in that if wood is scarce on your map and you don't (or can't yet) obtain wood through any greenhouse mods, then you're pretty screwed over when it comes to keeping the factory functioning for very long if new tech requires wood for major features such as the highest demanded entity in the game. This doesn't include other mods that may require high quantities of wood (or circuit boards) for recipes either.

Stone bricks are used a great deal in Angel's mods as a building material, however I personally don't seem to run low on stone given the ease of obtaining it through crushing and the later reliance on concrete bricks instead of stone bricks for higher tier buildings which is new addition that saves greatly on stone. With that said, a tech involving stone gear wheels could work out if something really "stone age" tech comes to mind for a new addition. Just not belts, otherwise it would suck stone reserves dry as well.

On another note, sniper turrets are missing motors in their recipe.

DawnbringerHUN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DawnbringerHUN »

hey Earendel !

I'm using Angel's and Bob's and AAI (all).

I don't have any Burner Lab, and I don't have the recipe for it. So I can't start research and can't get electricity. I don't have any Burner Trubine or recipe as well.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

DawnbringerHUN wrote: I don't have any Burner Lab, and I don't have the recipe for it. So I can't start research and can't get electricity. I don't have any Burner Trubine or recipe as well.
Can you post a screenshot of the production tab recipes?

withers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by withers »

I've been playing this mod in my current marathon playthrough and really like the changes.

Only suggestion I have is maybe make the burner lab less energy efficient vs the standard labs.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Eerendel, there error in electric engine unit recipe - 40 lubricant but not 4 because it must be multiplied on 10 in factorio 0.15
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Earendel
Can ask u to make ur mod compatible for one promising mod PY coal processing - very cool and useful mod, fully based on bob mod's - this mods develops gameplay very much with new ways with processing coal and many other, and it will be compatible with angel mods in future
Forum page - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272
Mod portal link - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/pyanodon ... processing

There conflict in medium pole recipe, because ur mod chanigng this recipe and PYCP changing it too
https://yadi.sk/i/xSokUAQy3LBJ9o
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hey,

i'm also using various tiles mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/The_Evil ... -tiles-mod) and it adds a lava biome what can be pumped with an offshore pump.

After removing the pump there is something wrong with your electric offshore pump:
lava.png
lava.png (62.71 KiB) Viewed 8009 times
Would be nice ifyou have a look at it.

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Steave
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Steave »

Apparently I can't post links in my first forum post, so have to do this before posting the bug report with the links.

Return to “Mods”