Long Handed Inserter

[Mod 1.1] Power Armor MK3

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Power Armor MK3
thumbnail.png
thumbnail.png (33.82 KiB) Viewed 8106 times
  • Version: 0.4.6
  • Factorio-Version: 1.1
  • Description: Bigger, better power armors; with a bigger grid (14x14)/(20x20) and larger inventory bonus (+50)/(+60), also adds various equipment and alternatives to light and heavy armor with inventory bonus (+10)/(+20).
  • License: MIT
  • Release: 2016-09-15
  • Latest: 2024-02-18
  • Download: PowerArmorMK3
  • Source: Github
  • Dependencies: None
  • Category: Armor
  • Locales: English, Czech, German, French, Russian, Polish, Chinese - Taiwan (zh-TW), and Chinese - Simplified (zh-CH).
Videos
Images
Version history
Credits
Last edited by jimmy_1283 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:23 am, edited 89 times in total.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15] Power Armor MK3 0.0.6

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Reserved just in case.

HiddenWolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HiddenWolf »

Could you make the power grid size configurable?
I prefer the 20x20 grid, as there is no upgraded fusion reactor, and dealing with biters just gets tiresome after a while.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

HiddenWolf wrote:Could you make the power grid size configurable?
I prefer the 20x20 grid, as there is no upgraded fusion reactor, and dealing with biters just gets tiresome after a while.
You can edit the size of the grid manually if you like, just extract the mod and edit equipment-grid2.lua in prototypes/equipment with Notepad (notepad++ is better if you have it), it's self explanatory after that really, you don't even need to re-zip the mod when you're done.
I'd rather leave the mod as-is otherwise though, I might add some sort of fission reactor at some point, but I still feel that would seriously overpower the armor.
I won't make the grid bigger, but I will make a MK4 armor(with a bigger grid) by popular request, it'll be expensive though, requiring space science to research, a fair middle ground I think.
The fission reactor is also still on the table, but I'm thinking of having it take the place of fusion reactors, tech wise (at half power); and having fusion reactors cost more but provide double the output.

I need feedback on this idea though, as it requires changes to the base game and may cause incompatibilities.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15] Power Armor MK3

Post by jimmy_1283 »

I've gone ahead and added a MK4 version of the armor by popular request, at the moment it looks exactly the same as the MK3, as does the tech, and unless someone volunteers a replacement, it's likely to remain that way, as I'm quite frankly terrible with art.

As always I'm happy to receive feedback on bugs and balancing.

sholcomb101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sholcomb101 »

jimmy_1283 wrote:I've gone ahead and added a MK4 version of the armor by popular request, at the moment it looks exactly the same as the MK3, as does the tech, and unless someone volunteers a replacement, it's likely to remain that way, as I'm quite frankly terrible with art.

As always I'm happy to receive feedback on bugs and balancing.

Jimmy, whatever your update did today it broke the existing MK4 armor that was made by zifnab06 I have been using. I can't load any of my saves now. Whats up?

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

sholcomb101 wrote: Jimmy, whatever your update did today it broke the existing MK4 armor that was made by zifnab06 I have been using. I can't load any of my saves now. Whats up?
Having a look now, I'll edit this reply when I figure it out.

It seems like there may be an issue with us both using the exact same naming scheme, I may be wrong but I believe zifnab06's mod was made by modifying mine? (Not that I mind of course)

Do you have any errors? Crash logs? etc. Also it may be worth rolling back my mod to an earlier version to restore your saves, if nothing else.

sholcomb101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sholcomb101 »

jimmy_1283 wrote:
sholcomb101 wrote: Jimmy, whatever your update did today it broke the existing MK4 armor that was made by zifnab06 I have been using. I can't load any of my saves now. Whats up?
Having a look now, I'll edit this reply when I figure it out.

It seems like there may be an issue with us both using the exact same naming scheme, I may be wrong but I believe zifnab06's mod was made by modifying mine? (Not that I mind of course)

Do you have any errors? Crash logs? etc.

Screen Says the following

Failed to load Mods: Error in assignID, technology with name 'power-armor-3' dies not exist.

Source: power-armor-4 (technology).
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.95 KiB) Viewed 31421 times

sholcomb101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sholcomb101 »

jimmy_1283 wrote:
sholcomb101 wrote: Also it may be worth rolling back my mod to an earlier version to restore your saves, if nothing else.
How would I do this for now?

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

sholcomb101 wrote: Screen Says the following

Failed to load Mods: Error in assignID, technology with name 'power-armor-3' dies not exist.

Oh I see, I changed the tech name to fix an error, and because his tech requires mine, which no longer exists, there's an error.

Try replacing his mod with this attachment as a workaround until he can update his mod himself.

zifnab06 has updated their mod.
Last edited by jimmy_1283 on Tue May 30, 2017 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

sholcomb101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sholcomb101 »

jimmy_1283 wrote:
sholcomb101 wrote: Screen Says the following

Oh I see, I changed the tech name to fix an error, and because his tech requires mine, which no longer exists, there's an error.

Try replacing his mod with this attachment as a workaround until he can update his mod himself.
Thanks, this worked for now. I really appreciate your assistance.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

sholcomb101 wrote:
Thanks, this worked for now. I really appreciate your assistance.
No problem, glad I could help, have fun!

zifnab06
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zifnab06 »

I'll have a patch up in a few to fix it, sorry about that :P

Also thanks for this mod - it is fantastic.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

zifnab06 wrote:I'll have a patch up in a few to fix it, sorry about that :P

Also thanks for this mod - it is fantastic.
No worries mate, not your fault I changed stuff. :P

Zaqzorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zaqzorn »

While wearing power armour mk 3 my character looks like he isn't wearing any armour :(

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Zaqzorn wrote:While wearing power armour mk 3 my character looks like he isn't wearing any armour :(
Sorry about that, pretty sure I fixed it this time, at least it looks to be working for me.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Whenever the next release of this mod comes around, and assuming I don't forget, I'll be changing the name of this mod to more accurately reflect what it does, as there are now 2 tiers of armor, several equipment items, and research for increasing Personal Defense damage.

I was thinking something along the lines of "Power Armor Plus" or some such thing, I'm open to suggestions though.

Apparently not possible without re-releasing the entire mod anew, couldn't be bothered at this time.
Last edited by jimmy_1283 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

The research costs of Personal Defense Damage don't seem to grow linearly. The tech ranks 4 and 5 seem inconsistent. Tech 3 needs yellow science but rank 4 doesn't and rank 5 costs less than rank 3.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Zaflis wrote:The research costs of Personal Defense Damage don't seem to grow linearly. The tech ranks 4 and 5 seem inconsistent. Tech 3 needs yellow science but rank 4 doesn't and rank 5 costs less than rank 3.
Don't know how I missed that, working on a fix now. Done and dusted.

HiddenWolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HiddenWolf »

I just started using this mod, and I noticed that there's a tier-3 battery, which unlike the other modules doesn't upgrade from the vanilla tier-2 batteries? Is this intended? It feels a bit odd that the recipe does not require batteries.

Also wondering if there's any upgrades to the fusion reactor planned, considering the power draw of the higher-tier items. I'm struggling a bit with finding a grid layout that I like as a result.

Return to “Mods”