Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by timer67 »

So dunno if im being stupid or what, but i can't seem to find anyway to turn small alien artifacts into big ones anymore,
was it disabled?

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CitizenJoe »

timer67 wrote:So dunno if im being stupid or what, but i can't seem to find anyway to turn small alien artifacts into big ones anymore,
was it disabled?
Did you enable the alien artifacts stuff in bob's mods options?

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

yeah, i have alien artifacts dropping and MOST of the recipes from Angels Bioprocessing.

But there doesn't seem to be anyway of turning Small Artifacts into Large ones.
Even though the code is there for it in the mods files..

Bit stumped.

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CitizenJoe »

timer67 wrote:yeah, i have alien artifacts dropping and MOST of the recipes from Angels Bioprocessing.

But there doesn't seem to be anyway of turning Small Artifacts into Large ones.
Even though the code is there for it in the mods files..

Bit stumped.
Well either the recipe didn't activate for whatever reason in that particular save, or something is disabling it after the game starts. I'd assume one of the mod options somehow, but I couldn't say for sure. You could try activating the recipe manaully

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

Yeah, for some reason it's toggled off. But it seems to be like that by default for my mods. Even in new saves it wont appear.

Using the command brought it back though.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

CitizenJoe wrote:
NewSwiss wrote:
CitizenJoe wrote:Is it even possible to make enough mineralized water for use in crystal slurry filtering? Even using all my crushed stone and recycling all of my waste water, I barely have enough to turn the geodes from hydro refining into sludge.
If this is the case, then you're doing too much hydro refining. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have a ton of ores just sitting in warehouses?
No, thats an odd assumption, but I have a ton of crystal slurry that I'm voiding since I can't process all of it. I'm hydro refining about 3/5 of my crushed ore and then leaching half of that. I was thinking I could get the sludge I needed for catalysts from the geodes, but that ain't happening. I'm instead skipping the last purifying step for some of the ore sorting so I can get slag slurry to run the combination recipes and keep the automated ore ratio balancing running. Probably going to switch over to over producing nodules or something. I could also try using coal filters to cut the mineral water usage in half, but I'm short on coal atm...
You can produce infinite slag by way of Dirt water Electrolysis. Input: (normal) water. Output: slag, O2, H2. As you can imagine, this gives you an essentially unlimited supply of slag slurry, crushed stone, mineralized water, stone, landfills, etc.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Quick question in case it hasn't been asked. Do you have any plans for the crystal stones or are they just meant to produce stone?

If this has been asked, my bad

Cheers
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

Hey together,

I looked through the Smelting recipies and found out that there are many errors in it because iron and manganese are normaly giving steel (this is not only in this game, it is also in MC and other games the same way).
So I have removed this type of useless recipie on my own. Also I am sure that the first smelting (ore -> ingot -> liquid -> plate) was intendet to use 20 instead of 40 liquid of the molten metal so I changed this also back,
because there is no sense to use three more machines to get 24 plates out of 24 raw ores ... rly useless, sorry.

In addion I removed some other useless addtitions, like "solid-limestone" to get with "solid-coke" and "pellet-iron" "ingot-iron". Why? Because Limestone has nothing todo with processing Iron.

Pls, pls think about a total rewrite of the semlting process because many of those recipies are totaly wrong and have no sense to me.

Edit: Forget to mention that Iron to Steel has a 2:1 value and not 4:1 value like in the recipie with 24 "ingot-iron" and 60 "gas-oxygen" which only yelds 6 "ingot-steel". SInce it is Iron to Steel the value in my eyes has
permanently to be 2:1.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Chaos234 wrote:Hey together,

I looked through the Smelting recipies and found out that there are many errors in it because iron and manganese are normaly giving steel (this is not only in this game, it is also in MC and other games the same way).
So I have removed this type of useless recipie on my own. Also I am sure that the first smelting (ore -> ingot -> liquid -> plate) was intendet to use 20 instead of 40 liquid of the molten metal so I changed this also back,
because there is no sense to use three more machines to get 24 plates out of 24 raw ores ... rly useless, sorry.

In addion I removed some other useless addtitions, like "solid-limestone" to get with "solid-coke" and "pellet-iron" "ingot-iron". Why? Because Limestone has nothing todo with processing Iron.

Pls, pls think about a total rewrite of the semlting process because many of those recipies are totaly wrong and have no sense to me.

Edit: Forget to mention that Iron to Steel has a 2:1 value and not 4:1 value like in the recipie with 24 "ingot-iron" and 60 "gas-oxygen" which only yelds 6 "ingot-steel". SInce it is Iron to Steel the value in my eyes has
permanently to be 2:1.
Where do you get you informations form? The way it works is that iron is split into two categories when it comes to metallurgy: steel and cast iron. Steel and cast iron only differ in the amount of carbon they are alloyed with. Both base alloys can then be further processed and alloyed with other elements to change and influence their properties. There are several alloys were the added elements to the base iron alloys are the same and were the difference really is in the carbon content e.g. if you used a steel or cast iron as a base.
The process you are refering to for the manganese uses iron-oxide (raw iron ore) and manganese-oxide (raw manganese-ore) and some other stuff to produce steel and/or pig iron in one go in a blast furnace.

You might want to do some additional research because limestone is used as a flux (among others) in a blast furnace to bind and remove unwanted elements. If at all I would have to add a slag output to the recipes using limestone as a flux.

The base game ratio iron to steel is 5:1, bobs cheaper steel iron to steel ratio is 2:1, if bobs cheaper steel option is enabled smelting will use the 2:1 ratio, else it will use the 4:1 ratio.

Note that the processes are inspired by real world processes, but the numbers and values are made up, that is to make it work in the context of other mods.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Arch666Angel
To me to these the question is curious why anodes and cathodes are intermediate products in melting?
Is it normal? what still scopes of anodes and cathodes can be?
it is similar to nonsense - we see them once in process, and then they vanish, is asked why them to do? just to complicate process?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Mella wrote:Arch666Angel
To me to these the question is curious why anodes and cathodes are intermediate products in melting?
it is similar to nonsense - we see them once in process, and then they vanish, is asked why them to do? just to complicate process?
Short answer: Yes.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Mella wrote:Arch666Angel
You can get a much purer copper if you refine it with an electrolytic process.

http://reddy2010.sell.everychina.com/p- ... 99-99.html

http://www.copper.com.au/copper/wcms/en ... C0E68D483F

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Design for new tech labs is awesome, so many hi-tech! http://i.imgur.com/59WwpIn.png
When you plan to develop this idea further?

I like idea from PY Coal procesing mod viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272, author of this mod - pyanodon - also planning to change science packs system, it is at least precisely known that there will be other recipes http://i.imgur.com/Vs1MI63.jpg + http://i.imgur.com/dc2hBec.jpg + http://i.imgur.com/aXPiVMq.jpg

P. S. PYCP is very interesting mod i hope your angel system will be on friendly terms with a PY coal processing

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Mella wrote:Design for new tech labs is awesome, so many hi-tech! http://i.imgur.com/59WwpIn.png
When you plan to develop this idea further?

I like idea from PY Coal procesing mod viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272, author of this mod - pyanodon - also planning to change science packs system, it is at least precisely known that there will be other recipes http://i.imgur.com/Vs1MI63.jpg + http://i.imgur.com/dc2hBec.jpg + http://i.imgur.com/aXPiVMq.jpg

P. S. PYCP is very interesting mod i hope your angel system will be on friendly terms with a PY coal processing
PY has said that Bob's will be compatible out the gate and Angel's will be further down the line
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Frostl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Frostl »

Angel, I don't know if it's just my save but it seems unlikely. Bob removed synthetic wood some time ago and change it to simple wood in all recipes. But in petrochem I still have synthetic wood recipe. I'm aiming at launching 1 rocket per second at the moment and without wood from oil recipe I imagine I'd need an incredible amount of green houses and beacons to meet the demand for circuits. Could you fix this please?
Last edited by Frostl on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Frostl wrote:Angel, I don't know if it's just my save but it seems unlikely. Bob removed synthetic wood some time ago and change it to simple wood in all recipes. But in petrochem I still have synthetic wood recipe. I'm aiming at launching 1 rocket per second at the moment and without wood from oil recipe I imagine I'd need an incredible amount of green houses and beacons to meat the demand for circuits. Could you fix this?
you might want to look at algae and bio stuff (i think it's angels biochem or what's that mod called)

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

I just noticed that fluid splitters were removed in the latest version of PeteroChem. Why is that?

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi all,
ive only tried some of the angel mods (based on what arumba had in a starter pack called anglebobs), but am really liking the mod :)

all the procesing and refining, and making each tier of minerals is fun, and never waste a drop of the liquids and store it all in tanks, and its been proving useful so far, especially now that i added the Spacex mod, nothing is wasted lol :)

i did find a problem though, when i installed "just 1 more more mod", into my existing game (it is nothing major, but i mentioned it on another mod page here:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/bendb918 ... sion/15693
(though it might have something to do with angel refining, possibly taking over the mod category in some way related to the research?

as im a new user, to avoid repeating posts i just pasted a link to the problem description above for you, to see if there is anything you can spot from your side angel, or anyone else, as it looks as though angles refining is putting the other mod's building, into the angels category?

a full list of my mods is shown here in case it helps:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=40288&start=20#p290320
and i can provide a save game or mods zip if you need, and will try to upload a screenshot i took to show this a bit better soon.

keep up the good/gut work :)
alien analysis goes to angels refining in yellow text
alien analysis goes to angels refining in yellow text
mods-bug-sample_analyser-shown_in_robo_logistic_req-not_in_craft-angel.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 8705 times
Crafting Tab does not have it
Crafting Tab does not have it
mods-bug-sample_analyser-shown_in_robo_logistic_req-not_in_craft.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 8705 times
Logistic Robot allows request
Logistic Robot allows request
mods-bug-sample_analyser-shown_in_robo_logistic_req-.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 8705 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

I noticed that slag processing was no longer a net SOURCE of sulfur, but rather a sulfure SINK. Was this intentional, and if so, was there any particular reason for this change?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

fractalman wrote:I noticed that slag processing was no longer a net SOURCE of sulfur, but rather a sulfure SINK. Was this intentional, and if so, was there any particular reason for this change?
Coal filtering has a bit of sulfur surplus now, ceramic has a sulfur loss but is faster. So ceramic filtering is not just plain better than the coal filtering. I initially only wanted to balance out crafting speed, but that it was suggested by the "think-tank" to add that.

Return to “Angels Mods”