[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.13

Post by TheSAguy »

So I'm playing with the "Dev" option enabled, and I have this one spawner that keeps re-spawning after I kill it.
There were a total of 4 Spawners. 1 Nest and 3 regular spawners. I killed all, but then 1 re-appeared. I killed it again, and it happened again...The one that re-appears is a regular spawner.

It's a new game and my first attack on the enemy.
Just an FYI.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.13

Post by Veden »

TheSAguy wrote:So I'm playing with the "Dev" option enabled, and I have this one spawner that keeps re-spawning after I kill it.
There were a total of 4 Spawners. 1 Nest and 3 regular spawners. I killed all, but then 1 re-appeared. I killed it again, and it happened again...The one that re-appears is a regular spawner.

It's a new game and my first attack on the enemy.
Just an FYI.
The custom ai setting is very much a work in progress and not ready for use. The only reason it is included was to reduce the maintenance of having to keep the master code branch and the large ai branch in sync.

What you are seeing is the basics of what will eventually replace the vanilla ai altogether.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.14

Post by Baughn »

When updating to the latest version on a multiplayer server, I got desyncs every single tick while Rampant was reindexing. Things started working again once it was done. That's with a pretty heavily modded game, mind you.

Pre-update map: https://madoka.brage.info/baughn/rampant-bugreport.zip
Modpack (post-update): https://madoka.brage.info/baughn/factorial-mods.tar.xz

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Baughn wrote:When updating to the latest version on a multiplayer server, I got desyncs every single tick while Rampant was reindexing. Things started working again once it was done. That's with a pretty heavily modded game, mind you.

Thank you for reporting this.

I have fixed the error in the reindexing code that was causing this, the next version shouldn't have this issue.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Veden wrote:
Baughn wrote:When updating to the latest version on a multiplayer server, I got desyncs every single tick while Rampant was reindexing. Things started working again once it was done. That's with a pretty heavily modded game, mind you.

Thank you for reporting this.

I have fixed the error in the reindexing code that was causing this, the next version shouldn't have this issue.
Speaking of the reindexing code, it takes several minutes and doesn't seem to get started until I log on to the server.

The game is paused until then, of course, but would it be possible to run indexing anyway? On startup, and outputting progress to the console log?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.15

Post by Veden »

Baughn wrote:Speaking of the reindexing code, it takes several minutes and doesn't seem to get started until I log on to the server.

The game is paused until then, of course, but would it be possible to run indexing anyway? On startup, and outputting progress to the console log?
I could run it before it actually shows the ingame screen, but my concern is that it would look like the game loading had frozen until the processing finished.

Otherwise I can't run code if the game is paused.

Currently the large bottleneck is that I make 1024 calls to the factorio api to get all of the tiles of a chunk to perform some post processing for pathing.

I'm looking at changing some of the reindexing code to only sample a portion of tiles in each chunk.

The tradeoff for performance is worse path finding resolution.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.15

Post by Baughn »

The specific case I'm thinking of is a dedicated server, where the server may be up long before anyone logs on.

If someone does log on (or for single-player)... I guess the ideal UI would be a progress bar, with the game otherwise frozen? I don't think it'd make much of a difference, though. And I'd like to discourage you from making changes that will reduce overall performance. The reindexing isn't really that big of a deal... even as it stands, it's a few minutes of waiting, in the worst case.

Arcitos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.16

Post by Arcitos »

Hi Veden, thanks for your marvellous mod. It's really cool!

I experienced a major issue with worms though. They are completly unable to hit drones like destroyer bots. It seems that their attack has no AOE, and the slightest movement of the target prevents any hit. I dont think this ist the way it should be. Is there a way to give worm attacks an AOE?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Arcitos wrote:Hi Veden, thanks for your marvellous mod. It's really cool!

I experienced a major issue with worms though. They are completly unable to hit drones like destroyer bots. It seems that their attack has no AOE, and the slightest movement of the target prevents any hit. I dont think this ist the way it should be. Is there a way to give worm attacks an AOE?
So it appears the drones can't be targeted by things like the shotgun or grenades, but they can be damaged by direct targeting like the SMG or indirect like fire.

So I can make the worm projectiles spawn a pool of acid or something along those lines which would damage the drones, thoughts?

Arcitos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arcitos »

Veden wrote: So I can make the worm projectiles spawn a pool of acid or something along those lines which would damage the drones, thoughts?
Yeah, something like this would be great! Ofc friendly fire against other biters should be avoided. This will also create decent death traps for Players and their vehicles raging trough biter bases.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

latest game update (0.15.27) broke this mod:
Fixed that mods could do remote calls outside of events when the game isn't in a valid state. (50509)
Loading game show error:
Attempt to remote call outside of event.
stack traceback:
__Rampant/control.lua:349: in main chunk

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

solntcev wrote:latest game update (0.15.27) broke this mod:
Fixed that mods could do remote calls outside of events when the game isn't in a valid state. (50509)
Loading game show error:
Attempt to remote call outside of event.
stack traceback:
__Rampant/control.lua:349: in main chunk
Thanks for the report.

This should be fixed in the latest version.

admo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.17

Post by admo »

I saw in the comments Veden has seen the "crescent" groups of biters and described it as vanilla behavior. My groups are not crescent but there are certainly huge numbers of biters sitting around not attacking me killing my UPS. I've attached some pictures of my radar view at 61 and 63 hours.

Does anyone have advice on how to stop this (biters spawning and never attacking) from happening and how to get them all moving? Currently I spend a lot of time driving around to get them to chase me into the turrets. I've seen some biter groups disappear, which I assume is a rampant mod cleanup mechanism but as these are likely vanilla spawns that functionality doesn't seem to be affecting them.
Attachments
63 hours
63 hours
63.PNG (557.86 KiB) Viewed 11606 times
61 hours
61 hours
61.PNG (561.24 KiB) Viewed 11606 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

If you are willing to share your save, I can take a look and see if I can fix your issue.

I can't promise results, but I may be able to come up with a stronger cleanup mechanism.

admo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by admo »

Veden wrote:If you are willing to share your save, I can take a look and see if I can fix your issue.

I can't promise results, but I may be able to come up with a stronger cleanup mechanism.
I've attached my game save, I also have the zipped mod folder but it was too large for the forums but I could put that on my google drive if you would like it. It is interesting how only the units on the Eastern side are building up while those on the west are not.
Attachments
backup.zip
game save
(26.14 MiB) Downloaded 153 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

admo wrote: I've attached my game save, I also have the zipped mod folder but it was too large for the forums but I could put that on my google drive if you would like it. It is interesting how only the units on the Eastern side are building up while those on the west are not.
Do you do anything strange with your setup or have you been adding and removing Rampant?

Also have you ever noticed this before? What version did you start using Rampant with? Has anything about your game recently changed?

I ask because the circles you are seeing are orphaned unit groups that are valid and active but are not receiving any commands.

admo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by admo »

Veden wrote:
admo wrote: I've attached my game save, I also have the zipped mod folder but it was too large for the forums but I could put that on my google drive if you would like it. It is interesting how only the units on the Eastern side are building up while those on the west are not.
Do you do anything strange with your setup or have you been adding and removing Rampant?

Also have you ever noticed this before? What version did you start using Rampant with? Has anything about your game recently changed?

I ask because the circles you are seeing are orphaned unit groups that are valid and active but are not receiving any commands.
For this map I've used the modlist unchanged since starting this map. Though I don't remember the version of Rampant I used in maps before this one I have generally noticed this behavior previously and have always fixed it by baiting the biters into turrets.

I am running a bunch of mods but the only enemy related ones are Rampant and Swarm, no Natural Evolution. I've added two personal mods as well. The first changes the HP of all the entities that rampant makes "immune" to 1 so that they are immediately destroy and respawned by your code and I never have damaged entities from the process. The second is an override to the evolution mechanics, the major changes is the mod disables the map's evolution enabled setting (switched to off) and then it changes the evolution factor via event callback on research completion. Additionally I've changed two maps settings to try and make things more difficult, most of the expansion settings are turned almost to their maximums (for difficulty) and I've changed a bunch of the pollution settings to spread extremely fast and absorb none into the trees and ground.

Ultimately I've seen this behavior before this map with none of the above settings and even on maps prior to 0.15, this has always just been the state of my games when using Rampant.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.15.19

Post by TheSAguy »

Got this error with using Reverse factory:

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Update, crash.

"graphics/entities/chest/itemCOllectorOverlay2.5.pnk" sis too large (max 2048 px in either direction is allowed)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TheSAguy wrote:Got this error with using Reverse factory:
Thats a funny one.
It's totally reverse factory issue but it writes it's not.
Recipe format is proper and accepted by vanilla. There is no need to have expensive with normal :D

Return to “Mods”