too lazy to explore

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

too lazy to explore

Post by Hellatze »

current radar coverage are small, slow, and too consuming.

i really wish to have auto exploring machine.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: too lazy to explore

Post by Mehve »

Try this console command:
/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {{x = -4000, y = -4000}, {x = 4000, y = 4000}})

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Mehve wrote:Try this console command:
/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {{x = -4000, y = -4000}, {x = 4000, y = 4000}})
Woahhhh
I needed this. Thanks

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Just be careful, 4000 is actually a big number and will take awhile. You might actually want to use +/-1000 or 2000 to start with.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Mehve wrote:Try this console command:
you know, if you know the cheating. you will get bored as fast.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

What's the difference between cheating with a command and using an abnormally powerful and unbalanced ingame item to do the same job ?
Just one's feel of guilt.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Koub wrote:What's the difference between cheating with a command and using an abnormally powerful and unbalanced ingame item to do the same job ?
that powerful item work with great cost and power. console conjure out from nowhere.

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

get mods like big brother mod

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Exploration isn't the point of the game in my opinion. I want to build factories, not waste time navigating through annoying treelines.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Factorie wrote:Exploration isn't the point of the game in my opinion. I want to build factories, not waste time navigating through annoying treelines.
they need to update exploration.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

BLuehasia wrote:get mods like big brother mod
Yes. This mod actually feels balanced to use. You have to research improvements step by step, and each improvement makes the Radars consume more power.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

hope this game didn't rely mod too much.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Hellatze wrote:hope this game didn't rely mod too much.
Game is still in alpha, that said there are a lot of QOL mods out there that should definitely be added to the main game.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Here's one that automates the console command mentioned earlier right at the start of the game.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

featherwinglove wrote:Here's one that automates the console command mentioned earlier right at the start of the game.
i told you not to use console command ?

do you read ?

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Hellatze wrote:
Koub wrote:What's the difference between cheating with a command and using an abnormally powerful and unbalanced ingame item to do the same job ?
that powerful item work with great cost and power. console conjure out from nowhere.
Do they? If I have normal resource settings and I use modded super radar to reveal 4000 x 4000 area, it would give hundreds of millions of ores. What radar should cost to be significant exploration cost or what kind of manufacturing process it should have so that amount and time of player's work would be comparable with exploration by traditional methods? Something absolutely ridiculous, which would not be fun even in modded games. There would not be other real difference than feelings of significance of costs or energy consumption.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Hannu wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
Do they? If I have normal resource settings and I use modded super radar to reveal 4000 x 4000 area, it would give hundreds of millions of ores. What radar should cost to be significant exploration cost or what kind of manufacturing process it should have so that amount and time of player's work would be comparable with exploration by traditional methods? Something absolutely ridiculous, which would not be fun even in modded games. There would not be other real difference than feelings of significance of costs or energy consumption.
1. its mod.

2. its unbalanced.

nuff said.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Personally, If I am in a no biter game I use the map reveal command. If there are biters, it feels like cheating.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Hellatze wrote: 1. its mod.

2. its unbalanced.

nuff said.
Poor reasons.

Do you even like this game? You keep asking for new things, but you never bother to offer proper reasons or consider how it will change vanilla gameplay. We already have radar that automatically explores, we have mods that offer bigger radar balanced against research and power consumption. Why should devs go to the trouble of including an automatic explorer that will just get stuck as soon as it reaches biter nests?

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Hmm... I didn't realize it was relevant until now. I've opened the map seed in the editor to explore for ores and take notes. It has a number of nettlesome limitations that makes it less like cheating. First, it doesn't reveal map for the actual game in play, so the resource locations are only as accurate as my notes. Second, it's really laggy on my system to romp through ungenerated terrain while zoomed out to see a 32x20 chunk area. Third, I can't see oil, lithia water, and miss many smaller patches in forests while zoomed out like that. To justify it for Muddy Mountains, I made like it was the damaged starship scanning the landing area with radar:
Ship's Log Date Unknown CR+53 days; message to Eagle from Heron: It took us a while to get the radar data reduced, but here it is. There's a big patch of lead 5.50km directly east of the lake and some iron and aluminum about 1.00km northeast of that. 4.20km west and slightly south is your patch of tin. There is zinc to the south and also 3.30km east of the lead patch. Almost exactly on the southeast ordinal a few hundred metres is rich iron, then nickel and uranium. We picked up a small patch of gold and a larger one of tin on the northeast ordinal about the same distance. Directly north is the best way for tin, zinc and gold, with a huge patch of gold west of the zinc and another massive patch of tin a little west of that gold. We picked up some silver directly west and slightly north of that tin several hundred metres out almost directly on your northwest ordinal. Your quartz is almost 8.00km directly west of the lakes. Nearly as far on your south cardinal is a big patch of rich copper and a little further is nickel and titanium. Sorry, we didn't find any cobalt and the radar can't pick up oil and lithium. (OC: 10m tile assumed.)
I set a timer for 15 minutes and closed the editor the second it went off. This little chunk of story text was (and remains) my notes. I have since found oil, cobaltite, and lithia water the old-fashioned way, but haven't secured any of it from the bugs. I have a lot of story I haven't put online because there aren't enough small comments to diffuse the image-heavy story posts to keep page loading times under control.
Mehve wrote:
Hellatze wrote: 1. its mod.

2. its unbalanced.

nuff said.
Poor reasons.

Do you even like this game? You keep asking for new things...
I get the impression that he's struggling with English. To me, he said (maybe asked if) he told me not to use console commands. I can't find any trace of what he's referring to.

Return to “General discussion”