Better Savegame management. (Already lost a 50h savegame)

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

krux02
Inserter
Inserter

Better Savegame management. (Already lost a 50h savegame)

Post by krux02 »

At the moment, the savegames are really classical. I can save and override every savegame. And that is what happened to me. I played the freeplay for 50h and after that I played the campagne and accidently override my savegame from the freeplay. It was a real bummer, because I already played for more that 50h in that world and now everything is lost. I would like that this can't happen that easily. Eg in Minecraft you don't have savegame management at all, you just have your world and it saves automatically. I think that this approach would fit into this game much better that the current saving system. Though I like the fact that autosave always allows me to travel back in time for 6 minutes. But I would rather dismiss this feature that accidently overriding an entire 50h game. By the way, this also happened to my girlfriend.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Better Savegame management. (Already lost a 50h savegame

Post by GewaltSam »

It would maybe just help if you autosave based on the map you play, so you have like 3 autosaves for every map. If there's an option to set how much autosaves you want to have, that could help too.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

I myself have my whole game saved in dropbox, which has version management. If needed, I can go to dropbox.com and say I want to go back to a previous version of the file. This can at least be a temporary solution to accidental save overwriting.
Ignore this

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I suggest to wait until the replay-function works and then suggest a clear save mechanism, which is based on committed save-points.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”