Suggestion: Modular Transport

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Bo4gZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Suggestion: Modular Transport

Post by Bo4gZ »

Came up with this thought while discussing the effects of ramming a car at full speed, into an alien hive.

Modular transport, the same kind of 'modular' we see with the power armour(s), has a similar #x# grid layout, with which you could put
Speed Increasing units, Cargo Modules to allow carrying space, Volatile Shields (small amount of damage-over-time in an area around the specified transport), Armour plating increasing hitpoints/resistances, Offensive Systems (lasers, gun turrets, discharge mines that sort of thing) - with regards to being able to shoot out of your car interestingly enough :P maybe even have a portable Roboport module allowing construction/logistic robots to congregate.

Let me know what you guys think!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Suggestion: Modular Transport

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

I assume that would definitely be useful for trains and cars.

Bo4gZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bo4gZ »

Skimmed through all 4 of those threads, with regards to the search highlights, i didnt read anything notably relate-able to what i suggested. I dont mean any offense when i ask this, and im not insinuating anything either, but did you actually check to see if they had anything to do with this thread, or did you just grab the first 4 results that showed up without skimming through them?

EDIT: I figure i should reiterate, this suggestion is un-related to transport tracks/inserters, it is solely towards the Car, Train, and any other vehicle(s) that may be developed and introduced into the game.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. Hmmm... :)

Sorry, but when I reread now the whole thread I don't get what you really mean. ;)

Do you mean:
1. Vehicles, which become different behavior (weapons, speed, armor etc.), when you plug in stuff into their module slots, like the modular-armor?
2. Vehicles, which have different cargo-load, depending on what you put into the module slots?
3. Vehicles, which have different cargo-stacks, like the modular-armor?

I believe it's #1, and then my links make sense. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”