Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.15] Bluebuild rewritten

Post by gheift »

Bluebuild rewritten
ght-bluebuild.png
ght-bluebuild.png (20.44 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
Description:
  • Builds and destructs entites around you as long you stand still.
Details:
  • Factorio Version: 0.15
  • Released: 2017-05-12
  • Dependencies: None
  • License: MIT
Download
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/gheift/ght-bluebuild
LONG DESCRIPTION
Last edited by gheift on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Bluebuild rewritten

Post by Peter34 »

Very nice!

I have finger arthrisis (not kidding) and the number of LMB clicks required to play Factorio is genuinely painful. I mean, setting up one group of 20 Furnaces is, what, 100-150 clicks?

I've used Peppe's Bot Start mod in the past (modified it a bit to feel slightly less cheaty), but this mod solves the problem in a superior way, in that the entire Modular/Power Armor progression remains desirable.

Two things:
1. The original Bluebuild (which I've never used) claims that it respects factors that increase the player character's Build distance, such as Techs from mods, or armour modules from mods. Does your mod do the same?

2. Could you please add a feature so that auto-build auto-disables after 5 or 10 minutes of being on? I'm envisioning a co-op MP game, in which some of the players have trouble understanding why they have to disable auto-build, and then may end up with the impression that they're not allowed to have it turned on ever ("why is Peter the only one who's allowed to use it?". I could ask for a more complex feature that disables auto-build after 2 or 5 minutes of not using it, but I think a simple timer that auto-disables 5 or 10 minutes after you've enabled it is, well, simpler, while still serving all players very, very well.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

There's a bug report in the mod portal. And it looks similar, as I recall, to a bug I got last evening, presumbly also from your mod.

I know from Ranakastrasz, or however you spell it, that mod makers are not automatically notified about mod portal sub-forum posts.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

For what it's worth, I've already switched to a list of ghosts instead of constantly searching for new entities around the player. This has greatly improved performance of my mod.

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

Works as advertised, blueprints from the start of the game work nicely now. Recommend users disable longreach, makes it too OP, on maximum zoom in the mod was placing stuff either offscreen or right on the border.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Great mod. I just used it for the first time today and I'm hooked.

Is there a way to get a list of ghosts missing items, like with bots? It's hard sometimes to know which items I'm missing in my inventory when plopping down big (or several small) blueprints.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

5thHorseman wrote:Great mod. I just used it for the first time today and I'm hooked.

Is there a way to get a list of ghosts missing items, like with bots? It's hard sometimes to know which items I'm missing in my inventory when plopping down big (or several small) blueprints.
Some kind of "missing item" alert would be nice, yes. But it's probably too cumbersome to program, and in my experience it's something very obvious in 99.9% of cases, like a Yellow Splitter or a Small Electric Pole.

Actually, thinking more about it, I don't so much want an alert to tell me what is missing, as I want an alert that tells me that something is missing. Once I'm alerted that the BP I wanted to blue wasn't completed, I can figure out myself what's missing, usually fairly easily and quickly. The real problem is when I assume that the BP got built 100%, but there's a tiny hard-to-see element that didn't get built, and so my structure isn't working, or is working badly (missing Spliter causes stuff to end up on the wrong Belts) and it'll be minutes or potentially hours before I notice it.

thelordodin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thelordodin »

Hi! Great mod.

I have a suggestion: it would be great if there was a selection tool (like in Merging chests mod).
With it you just select some ghosts and only this ghosts will be built.

If you select some more ghosts - they are added to previous list.
If some ghosts are out of range - they are saved in some list and begin building only when you come closer to them.

Finally if you Alt+select - this cleans the list of selection and creates a new one - with only items you selected with Alt.

This should work when auto-build is turned off, since when you use a tool you explicitly tell that you want to use autobuild for just this selected ghosts.

This idea should allow players to make much bigger blueprints and build them partially during the game.

--------------------------

I've implemented this idea myself, but since i tried to do it fast the code isn't good... Anyway i put it here if anyone needs it. There can (should) be bugs in it.
Attachments
ght-bluebuild_0.1.4.zip
untested feature
(14.17 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Love the mod. This makes 0.15's blueprinting-from-the-start an actual viable thing to use.

One thing I've noticed, BlueBuild will not deconstruct some things in Sandbox mode (scenarios). I frequently play in Sandbox mode to test designs, and love how quickly I can lay blueprints with it. It would be convenient to also be able to remove things to clear my workspace.

Also, if there was a way to remove the time restriction in sandbox mode, that would speed up my workflow all the better. I understand and agree with the time to deconstruct in normal mode, but sandbox is more of a "blueprint editor" mode for me.

thelordodin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thelordodin »

5thHorseman wrote:Love the mod. This makes 0.15's blueprinting-from-the-start an actual viable thing to use.

One thing I've noticed, BlueBuild will not deconstruct some things in Sandbox mode (scenarios). I frequently play in Sandbox mode to test designs, and love how quickly I can lay blueprints with it. It would be convenient to also be able to remove things to clear my workspace.

Also, if there was a way to remove the time restriction in sandbox mode, that would speed up my workflow all the better. I understand and agree with the time to deconstruct in normal mode, but sandbox is more of a "blueprint editor" mode for me.
For sandbox Creative mod fully solves all this and gives item generators to easily test any layouts.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

thelordodin wrote:For sandbox Creative mod fully solves all this and gives item generators to easily test any layouts.
I just tried it and yes it's perfect. Thanks for the recommendation!

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

This mod seems to suffer from the change in 0.25 discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50528#p294079

Note: It only affects destruction. Construction seems to work perfectly fine so long as you don't enable destruction as well.

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

Can you give me an error message? Deconstruction works for me.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Don't know if it's .28 doesn't have the problem or if something else was going on, but I'm not getting the error now when I try.

So never mind, and sorry for the incomplete bug report.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Aha. I think I recreated the error. It's not JUST Bluebuild, but an interaction between Bluebuild and Creative Mode, in a sandbox save. Note: This is with an unofficial change to Creative Mode to get it to work with 0.27.

Here's the whole log, and here's the end of my log where the error starts, with a bit of the above:

Code: Select all

71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 215 is a duplicate of 208: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 216 is a duplicate of 209: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 217 is a duplicate of 210: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 218 is a duplicate of 191: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 219 is a duplicate of 212: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 220 is a duplicate of 189: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 222 is a duplicate of 206: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 223 is a duplicate of 207: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 224 is a duplicate of 202: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 225 is a duplicate of 213: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 226 is a duplicate of 205: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 227 is a duplicate of 196: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 228 is a duplicate of 204: Removing
  71.040 Warning BlueprintShelf.cpp:751: Record 229 is a duplicate of 195: Removing
  71.064 Script control.lua:1680: RSO: Updated resource configurations
  78.878 Error MainLoop.cpp:943: Exception at tick 609475: Error while running event ght-bluebuild::on_tick (ID 0)
Gui element with name ght-bluebuild-deconstruction already present in the parent element.
stack traceback:
	__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:651: in function 'get_gui'
	__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:662: in function 'update_gui'
	__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:853: in function 'init_waiting'
	__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:973: in function 'deconstruct'
	__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:1043: in function 'check'
	__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:1083: in function <__ght-bluebuild__/control.lua:1079>

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

Thanks for the bug report. It has nothing to with the Creative Mode nor with the update of factorio directly. I handle updates of the configuration (changing of mod or the factorio version) by resetting the internal state. But I forgot to remove the progress bar in this step. What happened is probably the following:
  • you started deconstructing something
  • the progress bar was displayed
  • you saved your game
  • you left the game
  • you updated factorio or modified some mods
  • you loaded the saved game
  • the mod notes the modification and resets the internal state, but left the progress bar on screen
  • you want to deconstruct something and enable the deconstruction
  • the mod want to add the progress bar and the game crashes because it already exists
Now at the step where the state is reseted, I also remove any leftover progress bars, so the game should not crash again. Just try the new version of the mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/gheift/ght-bluebuild

Kind regards,
Gerhard

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

gheift wrote:Just try the new version of the mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/gheift/ght-bluebuild
Thanks for the quick fix. That's exactly what I did. Just happened to be mid-deconstruct when I re-enabled creative mode :)

The new version seems to work just fine, no more errors.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

One of my favourite mods.

sometimes when I placed blueprints with modules, the modules wouldn't get inserted, for anyone having this problem just do shift + K twice to disable and re-enable and they insert just fine

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

Another option would have been to move a little bit. This should be fixed with version 0.1.8.

Details: When the item is revived, the proxy is not added to the pending construction list. Since ghosts, proxies and items to be deconstructed are cached when you arrive at a certain position, moving around or de- & reactivating construction refreshes these lists.

Kind regards,
Gerhard

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

getting an error when i place a blueprint with modules.

mod version 0.1.8
factorio version 0.15.28
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 7963 times

Return to “Mods”