Angel's Smelting Patch

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Florian1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Angel's Smelting Patch

Post by Florian1024 »

Name: Angel's Smelting Patch
Description: Make Angel's smelting recipes the best way by disabling direct ore smelting in furnaces. It forces you to go in the advanced metallurgy path.
License: MIT
Version: 0.2.4
Release: May 12 2017
Factorio Version: 0.18
Download: mod portal

Full description:
Make Angel's smelting recipes the best way by disabling direct ore smelting in furnaces and forcing you to go in the advanced metallurgy path.

This mod disable the ability to directly turn any pure ore into plates, then forcing players to use angel's smelting advanced metallurgy. In a same way steel is only produced efficiently through advanced metallurgy.
At the start of a map, you will use, as usual, the angel's crushed ore smelting (70% yield) for making iron, copper, lead and tin plates. And then the next step is directly to use all the things at your disposition in the Angel's smelting mod to increase your yield and producing your steel plates.

Acknowledgment:
Arch666Angel for all his mods and functions
Bobingabout for all his mods and his function lua library
Wormmus for his help
EmperorZelos for his advices and compatibility with his own mods
TokMor for his idea and support

Changelog:
See mod portal
Last edited by Florian1024 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am, edited 15 times in total.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Angel's Smelting Patch

Post by ukezi »

ha I thought about it and was starting to make it my self. well done.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Florian1024 wrote: In a same way steel can only be produced through advanced metallurgy.
But Steel is necessary for blast furnaces, no?

Florian1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Florian1024 »

qwerter96 wrote:
Florian1024 wrote: In a same way steel can only be produced through advanced metallurgy.
But Steel is necessary for blast furnaces, no?
Tks qwerter96 I didn't saw the mistake in the description (that changed in 0.0.3), but steel is still only produced efficiently through advanced metallurgy.

Badly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Badly »

Is it possible this removed the recipe for Solder without supplementing the prerequisites? The recipe for Solder plate was removed, but I can't seem to make any of the machines that lead to Angels Solder without already having some to make Basic Electronic Boards. When I remove your patch the problem is solved, but I can't tell if the mod is functioning as intended, as it IS the point to remove the original recipes... But how do I make Solder?

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

Badly wrote:Is it possible this removed the recipe for Solder without supplementing the prerequisites? The recipe for Solder plate was removed, but I can't seem to make any of the machines that lead to Angels Solder without already having some to make Basic Electronic Boards. When I remove your patch the problem is solved, but I can't tell if the mod is functioning as intended, as it IS the point to remove the original recipes... But how do I make Solder?
I'm having the same issue. You need a sorter to get solder, but a sorter requires BEBs and they require solder. Plates can't be made in a mixing furnace anymore.

Florian1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Florian1024 »

All bugs with solder should be fixed with the last version.
thanks for the support!

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Making copper cables hard to craft removes tinned copper cable from electronics. This makes it impossible to build buildings necessary for blue science which you need to unlock tin smelting 3. I suggest doing the same thing you did for copper cable. IE making a recipe for crafting it in electronics but much more difficult.

Florian1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Florian1024 »

qwerter96 wrote:Making copper cables hard to craft removes tinned copper cable from electronics. This makes it impossible to build buildings necessary for blue science which you need to unlock tin smelting 3. I suggest doing the same thing you did for copper cable. IE making a recipe for crafting it in electronics but much more difficult.
Fixed in 0.1.1 !
thanks qwerter96

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Just giving you a heads-up in case you wanna make your mod compatible

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mpodstaw ... g-extended

Cheers
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Seems to be a bug in the current version that soldier plate is not removed even when the Angel's only solder smelting flag is set to true.

Florian1024
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Florian1024 »

0.16 GO!

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious, but I'm stumped so I'll ask...

The "Tiny equipment to start smelting fast" option seems to be trying to give me items so I can do advanced iron/copper/steel smelting at the start. But it doesn't give me any ore sorters. How can I use the blast furnace, induction furnace, or casting machine without an ore sorter? It seems like I need to build some normal furnaces just to smelt some crushed saphirite to get enough iron to research mechanical refining, then make some stone bricks, then make an ore sorter, then I can finally use the buildings I started with? I've never seen a "quick start" mod/option before that required bootstrapping; was this intentional? If that's the intended progression, so be it, but I thought I'd check and see if maybe some tech changed in angels smelting that led to this situation.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

+sparr

I would agree that giving the player some crushers and sorters as well with this mod config option checked would make more sense. Personally i have my own custom "quick start" mod and I put whatever I want in it, like tier 1 sorters, and 100 fusion construction bots... :)

Cheers

Aphelius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aphelius »

Tiny starting inventory bugs at loading due to attempting to give player steel axe, which no longer exists.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Catfight wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:17 pm
Seems to be a bug in the current version that soldier plate is not removed even when the Angel's only solder smelting flag is set to true.
I have the same problem.

Return to “Angels Mods”