Whats the best 'white science' to research first?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Whats the best 'white science' to research first?

Post by basementjack »

In factorio 15.x does anyone have thoughts on the best research progression once white science is available? I've researched everything else an am wondering if I should focus on military (laser turret damage, combat robot follower count) or production (2% bonus for mining and oil)

Thoughts?

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Whats the best 'white science' to research first?

Post by BlakeMW »

If you only want to do a little space science, just grab the things which will help you, damage upgrades do tend to be good.

If you plan to do a lot of infinite science, you should research mining productivity first. It has a kinder cost progression than most infinite sciences. Refer to this post on /r/factorio to learn more about how this works.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Whats the best 'white science' to research first?

Post by Kelderek »

I personally always grab the first couple ranks of everything I use (the 1000 and 2000 cost ones), ignoring any military ones I don't use as often, and then I focus on mining productivity.

Those first ranks are especially good for logistic bot speed (65% each I think). I will do whatever my most used personal weapon and turret type (usually flamethrower and laser turret). I would not mess with the 4000-cost ones until I got mining productivity up to a comparable cost level.

Those first two ranks of infinite science are very good though, so I always try to grab the important ones before I slog through the many ranks of mining prod.

Return to “Gameplay Help”