circuit network, up and down counting with scanner on hold-r

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

circuit network, up and down counting with scanner on hold-r

Post by Sneaker2 »

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to set up a counter for items on an inserter or scanner (which is scanning on "hold"-signal)? I am trying to set up a 1-belt-system for multiple items and kind of want to create a system that can be expanded easily and gets a precise count of the items. I need to be able to detect a change in the item-count and then to forward it for counting. I would like to work with the "each"-signal , but it cant be chosen on every select-signal-option.

one roadblock is that inserters and scanners count upon grabbing and entry of an item and not also upon release or exit (while on pulse-scanning). This creates some dark spots in the surveillance-system, which I have set up so far and I have no idea how to get rid of them. I would get rid of this problem, if I could do this with the "hold"-scanning, but I have no clue if its even possible with the current circuit and logic system.

I could need some help here if anybody understands my intention.

best regards Sneaker2

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: circuit network, up and down counting with scanner on hold-r

Post by Distelzombie »

Sneaker2 wrote:I could need some help here if anybody understands my intention.

best regards Sneaker2
Kind of... Why do you want to count one item two times? Once more upon leaving scanner or getting dropped by inserter.

I've made some counters for belts and inserters before, but never have I had the need to count things twice. I have made them save a one minute average.
I need to be able to detect a change in the item-count and then to forward it for counting.
You mean like: If iron < 20 then A, If iron > 30 then B?
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Sneaker2 wrote:inserters and scanners count upon grabbing and entry of an item and not also upon release or exit (while on pulse-scanning)
You can subtract pulses from items leaving the system by running them through an arithmetic combinator with "Each * -1".

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sneaker2 wrote:inserters and scanners count upon grabbing and entry of an item and not also upon release or exit (while on pulse-scanning)
You can subtract pulses from items leaving the system by running them through an arithmetic combinator with "Each * -1".
But when using pulse mode and a memory cell, this is not necessary. It will always just count what has been going through the scanner/inserter. But maybe I understand his problem wrong.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Return to “Gameplay Help”