Simple 4-reactor with simple control

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Simple 4-reactor with simple control

Post by MBas »

8-)
wholereact.png
wholereact.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 6163 times
inside.png
inside.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 6163 times
Control system explanation:

(you just need to place only the very first fuel manually or "fake" used fuel into network with consant combinator if you need to synchronize more of them. After removing constant combinator, dont forget to take off redundant fuels from reactors)
reactor.png
reactor.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 6163 times
Blueprint

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple 4-reactor with simple control

Post by Distelzombie »

Why did you surround the reactors with heatpipes? They are expensive. Also you wouldnt have to use long inserters.

Looks nice though. :)
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

Distelzombie wrote:Why did you surround the reactors with heatpipes? They are expensive. Also you wouldnt have to use long inserters.
Its just only for better temperature spread to avoid reactors overheating. But its true that it probably will work very well without that pipes. I have to say that i dont have enought measurement for that...

"Compensation pipes" of steam (as i called them) which i used are very useful and well tested anyway :). It should help to keep all tanks on similar state.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

MBas wrote:"Compensation pipes" of steam (as i called them) which i used are very useful and well tested anyway :). It should help to keep all tanks on similar state.
What dou you mean? This: Instead of direct connection to the heat exchanger you let them input into a pipe?
Can your system live off of the saved steam in the tanks without starving? I ask because you didnt use pumps.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

Distelzombie wrote:
MBas wrote:"Compensation pipes" of steam (as i called them) which i used are very useful and well tested anyway :). It should help to keep all tanks on similar state.
What dou you mean? This: Instead of direct connection to the heat exchanger you let them input into a pipe?
Can your system live off of the saved steam in the tanks without starving? I ask because you didnt use pumps.
(Well pipes for steam is not answer for your original question. I just mention that becouse this one i have well tested instead of that heat pipes.)

The idea is to avoid differences between steam in tanks. There is a huge flow of steam if the power plant is fully operational. Btw, the steam tanks must be conected "anyhow" even if power output is low. Without them, there could be a situation where some engines consumes more steam then another and tanks with steam will remain on different state. It could couse problems when one of the tanks is empty and some of them are full.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

I can understand the appeal of a "zero combinator" system. One constant combinator outputting the threshold level of steam makes it much easier to tweak with settings (rather than having to change the value on each inserter).

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

I am definetely not a fan of "no-combinator" solutions :D. I dont use any here just... becouse. I simply dont see any benefit in here. I prefer this control system for a reason that its just independent on game constants like period of fuel burning etc. Well this is maybe just question of style.

Halmatrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Halmatrix »

iceman_1212 wrote:One constant combinator outputting the threshold level of steam makes it much easier to tweak with settings (rather than having to change the value on each inserter).
Only one inserter that grabs an empty fuel cell on low steam has that threshold setting. the pulse it generates is used by all fuelcell loading inserters. So you'd need to tweak only a single inserter.
"A man can't keep people from having a bad opinion of him, but he can keep them from being right about it."

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

Halmatrix wrote:
iceman_1212 wrote: Only one inserter that grabs an empty fuel cell on low steam has that threshold setting. the pulse it generates is used by all fuelcell loading inserters. So you'd need to tweak only a single inserter.
I use steam control at each output inserter and connect all between them. There should be no difference if your reactors are synchronized (tested yet). The important setting is "hold" tag, not the "pulse" when you read an inserter content. The reason for all conecting is just practical - i can move one signal with steam over one circuit.

Return to “Energy Production”