[MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Post by Earendel »

Title: AAI Industry
Short Description: The industry part of Advanced Autonomous Industries. Adds motors, powered offshore pumps, burner labs, and more. Alters tech and recipes. Additional features will be added gradually. Other AAI mods are NOT required. Works with Bobs and Angels.
Name: aai-industry
Mod State: Alpha
Downloads: Mod Portal

Long Description
The Industry section of Advanced Autonomous Industries.

Adds Motors, and intermediate product used in almost everything that can move or has internal movement. Primarily used is transport belt, burner inserters, and other devices not powered by electricity. Also used as a component in Electric Motors.

Adds Electric Motors, used in most things that are powered by electricity.

Electronic circuits now require an insulator instead of iron. You can use wood or slices of stone brick (stone tablets).

Most sturdy buildings now require a stone-based construction material, usually stone brick or concrete.

Most items that have earlier versions now require the earlier version. Burner Inserters are upgraded with Electric Motors to make Inserters. Steel Furnaces are required for Electric Furnaces. Each armor tier requires the last, etc.

Some of the early game items are locked behind tech: Radars now requires Radar research, etc.

The offshore pump now requires power to pump water.

Adds Burner Lab and Burner Assembling Machine.

Adds Burner Turbine Generator, useful when you don't have access to water.

The Concrete and Stone mod is bundled into this mod, it is not required separately.

Integrates well with Bob's and Angel's mods, technology prerequisites have been set of for natural technology progression.
Attachments
preview.png
preview.png (569.5 KiB) Viewed 51660 times

ModZero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Post by ModZero »

I think the plain motor should be included in initial recipes? It's currently impossible to build the burner lab (love the sprite, btw) without using the console.

For others, this is taken from StormTAG on the mod site:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.recipes["motor"].enabled = true

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I was just coming here to post the same thing. At least that explains why motor is missing.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

No idea how that happened, it must have been a last minute change. Anyway fixed now.

ModZero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ModZero »

Earendel wrote:No idea how that happened, it must have been a last minute change. Anyway fixed now.
That was quite fast. Thanks!

Bobblybook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bobblybook »

Just following up from my post over at Angel's bug report page:

On 0.15.13 with latest version of Angel's, Bob's, and AAI, on difficult recipe mode.

The electric motor recipe is now fixed, however the Burner Turbine Generator has some graphical bug when placing. It seems to suggest it wants water input at the top, and steam output below. When you place it, the steam output changes to two steam outputs below, yet none of the three actually connect to pipes. The generator works correctly without any connections, it just seems to be a graphical thing.

Also, it does not rotate. This might be intended, however the input/output arrows on the ghost sprite do appear to rotate.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I assumed those arrows are present because internally it contains a boiler, water and steam engine. Even though nothing connects to it, the game engine may force them to exist as part of the entity.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Ratzap wrote:I assumed those arrows are present because internally it contains a boiler, water and steam engine. Even though nothing connects to it, the game engine may force them to exist as part of the entity.
That's correct, although I have since found a way around that by scripting the fluid transfer. That might be released soon, it needs more testing.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

This mod is super fun IMO. I want it to go even farther!

My favorite part is that Green Science no longer requires circuit boards, so you you don't need a wood source with Bobs/Angels.

You should consider deeper integration with angel's new cement bricks, etc. More advanced structure would require cement bricks or reinforced cement bricks instead of just stone bricks. Similarly, I'd like to see more levels of motor/engine requiring steel gear, cobolt gears, etc.

Zerogoki1983
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerogoki1983 »

Would it be possible to include the funktion from the burner leech mod.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

I noticed that if you put burner turbines on the same grid as steam engines, the power production prefers burner turbines (33% efficiency) over steam (50% efficiency). Ideally it would be the other way around, making burner turbines be part of the power production capacity, but they only activate when the rest can't supply the demand.

Burner turbines seems to be needed even after switching to steam power despite their lower efficiency because they can operate without water. This means if you have a complete power production stop, you need a burner turbine to power the water pump and inserters to fuel the boilers. Steam powerplants can no longer start themselves from a complete stop since they will be out of water.

This is actually realistic as in real life powerplants often can't start themselves. Some powerplants have a single steam engine, which can be started on batteries or even a hand powered generator. Once it's running, it can supply the 5 MW needed to start the high efficiency steam engines with filtered chimneys. When the high efficiency steam engines start supplying, the low efficient and unfiltered starter engines can shut down. This system is for the really rare case where all powerplants shuts down at the same time because usually the high efficient ones can start each other.
Zerogoki1983 wrote:Would it be possible to include the funktion from the burner leech mod.
I second that and I will go a step further (or multiple steps)
Say we have a burner inserter moving from A to B, it should then do the following (in this order)
  1. Fuel itself from A (belt or output slot)
  2. Fuel itself from B (belt or output slot)
  3. Fuel itself from A (fuel slot)
  4. Fuel itself from B (fuel slot)
  5. Fuel B from A (belt or output slot)
  6. Fuel B from A (fuel slot)
  7. Work as normal inserter
This should apply to all inserters, though electric inserters should skip the fuel self steps.

This makes it much easier to set up a chain of assemblers or smelters (steel production) as well as having belts without coal to use as input for assemblers.

I'm not sure if this should be in this mod, bob's inserter mod, or a standalone. What I do know is that automated fuel movement is critical to this mod.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

if power plant priority is still a thing, the burner turbines could be set to tertiary?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Darloth wrote:if power plant priority is still a thing, the burner turbines could be set to tertiary?
If I set them to "tertiary-output" Factorio throws an "invalid electric usage priority" error.

I'll take a look at burner leeching.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

I found another issue, though it's mainly a mod combo issue. If crafting combinators receives multiple signals, it will pick the leftmost one in the build list. This is an issue with this mod because it gives higher priority to assembler mk1 than to burner assembler, meaning if you try to build both, it will try to build mk1 first and get stuck due to lack of burner assemblers. This is fixed sticking to the vanilla approach of having the most primitive to the left in the build list, meaning burner assemblers should be left of assembler mk1.

I noticed the burner assembler being placed far to the right in the list and didn't really care until I tried to automate with crafting combinators. You can make wire logic to give custom priority, but it would be easier and nicer if mods sticks to the convention about placement.

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

Earendel wrote: If I set them to "tertiary-output" Factorio throws an "invalid electric usage priority" error.
To perhaps ask the obvious: have you tried spelling that "terciary"? Factorio seems to use that spelling in other entities.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

undarl wrote:
Earendel wrote: If I set them to "tertiary-output" Factorio throws an "invalid electric usage priority" error.
To perhaps ask the obvious: have you tried spelling that "terciary"? Factorio seems to use that spelling in other entities.
I never would have guessed that. Thanks, it seems to work.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

I ran some tests with power priority and now it appears to work perfectly. Burner turbines can now act as emergency power once they have become obsolete due to efficiency. Most importantly the right setup can make burner turbines automatically restart steam engines, which have stalled with no water/fuel due to a power failure despite not using the burner turbine for normal power production.

I noticed another glitch related to the combo with another mod. Bob's power adds research for better boilers and steam engines, but they do not require the steam power tech from this mod. This means it's possible to get boilers mk2 and steam engines mk2 without having researched mk1. Something about injecting an additional requirement to those techs they are present should do the trick.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'pumpjack' does not exist.

Source: pumpjack (recipe).

Mods to be disabled
* base
* aai-industry

I'm running plain bob's+angels with everything except bobs inserters with what is it really used for, ratio tree, and a modified hand crank generator for 0.15.
Attachments
modlist.png
modlist.png (20.37 KiB) Viewed 51319 times
aaiindustryloadingerror.png
aaiindustryloadingerror.png (12.37 KiB) Viewed 51319 times
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

diongham wrote:Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'pumpjack' does not exist.

Source: pumpjack (recipe).

Mods to be disabled
* base
* aai-industry

I'm running plain bob's+angels with everything except bobs inserters with what is it really used for, ratio tree, and a modified hand crank generator for 0.15.
You left out Omnimatter, which looks like for some reason it removes the pumpjack item but not the pumpjack recipe.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Earendel wrote:You left out Omnimatter, which looks like for some reason it removes the pumpjack item but not the pumpjack recipe.
yeah I left a picture of my mod list

I'll send this to the mod author as well.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Return to “Mods”