[Posila] [for 0.16] [0.15.13] Saves don't show up after auto-update

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
yuo123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Posila] [for 0.16] [0.15.13] Saves don't show up after auto-update

Post by yuo123 »

On the first launch after an auto-update (the restart done automatically), going to Play>Load Game shows no saves (as if I have never saved a game).
It fixes itself after a restart, but is still a big nuisance because you have to sit through the loading screen again after you've just done it once.

It is possibly related to the fact that I have non-English characters in my saves path - many programs have problems with that. However, it's hard for me to test since Factorio saves are in %AppData%, which is in the user directory and therefore contains the windows username in its path (is there a way to change the save location?)

This issue has existed for some time now.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.13] Saves don't show up after auto-update

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I think it is because updater asks for elevated permissions and the final Factorio process inherits it too, so if you have non-administrator user and run the game under different user who is administrator, it will search for saves in administator's %AppData%
Could that be the reason?

yuo123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.13] Saves don't show up after auto-update

Post by yuo123 »

Yeah, definitely - didn't think of that. That's another unusual thing about my system which tends to mess with things - my user is not an administrator. I ran the game as administrator, and sure enough, it had the same effect. I can test further by putting a symlink from the administrator's %AppData%\Factorio to my own if necessary, but I'd need a way to trigger an auto-update.

If this is indeed the problem, you may be able to fix it by following the saves.lnk file created in the install directory rather than using the path directly.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Posila] [for 0.16] [0.15.13] Saves don't show up after auto-update

Post by posila »

Fixed for 0.16. The updated game will be relaunched without administrator rights and under your user.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”