Manual trains stop at signals.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
shadoskill
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Manual trains stop at signals.

Post by shadoskill »

It would be nice to have a mod with a on/off toggle for trains to obey the rail signals, if on trains would stop automatically like they do in automatic mode.
Something like this would make manually driving trains so much safer.

FuzzCat927
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Manual trains stop at signals.

Post by FuzzCat927 »

Try hooking up a gate that outputs a circuit network signal to the rail signal, turning it red when the gate is open. If this isn't what you mean, could you please explain in more detail?

blizgerg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blizgerg »

I think he means that when manually driving a train, that the manually driven train would auto break for red/yellow signals ahead rather than just go and crash into the train that is moving through the intersection (or the automatic train crash into your manually drive one).

shadoskill
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shadoskill »

FuzzCat927 wrote:Try hooking up a gate that outputs a circuit network signal to the rail signal, turning it red when the gate is open. If this isn't what you mean, could you please explain in more detail?
Basically this IS what I was asking for yes, but the issue being having to place gates at every rail signal, could never do a signal on a curve (no angled gates or walls) and I would need a robo port at every gate to repair it as going full speed nearly destroys it.
So having a manually driven train forced to slow down just like automatic trains do for red rail signals would be a nicer solution :D
Also having a toggle in the trains gui to turn this on or off could be useful in some situations.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It sounds like what you want is... Automatic mode

shadoskill
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shadoskill »

Nexela wrote:It sounds like what you want is... Automatic mode
Yes everything about automatic mode BUT were I can still press w,s,a,d to control the train my self.

FuzzCat927
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FuzzCat927 »

Not sure if that's possible, even with a mod.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Didn't they add a "go to station" mode in 0.15? (not tried it myself) that would obey signals and everything and stop when it gets to the destination.

Lets put it this way, driving manually is like driving a car manually on the road, just because the light is red doesn't mean the car stops automatically for you, you have to do that yourself, so why should a train stop at a light for you automatically when you have your finger firmly pressed on the W (accelerate) key?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Adam.Podstavka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Adam.Podstavka »

bobingabout wrote:Didn't they add a "go to station" mode in 0.15? (not tried it myself) that would obey signals and everything and stop when it gets to the destination.

Lets put it this way, driving manually is like driving a car manually on the road, just because the light is red doesn't mean the car stops automatically for you, you have to do that yourself, so why should a train stop at a light for you automatically when you have your finger firmly pressed on the W (accelerate) key?
Hmm, Thanks, that go to station should do the trick... And I won't need to hold buttons to navigate, which is great as well - as I always know where i want to get anyway... Had the same question as the original poster, didn't think of that solution, thanks again :) As go by train is the fastest movement around and I am creating fully automated all-goods-supplied by train factory, then I want to move around the base as well with a train, without crushing into another ones :)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”