Final (Maxed) Designs

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Final (Maxed) Designs

Post by Shokubai »

Acarin wrote:Out pops 1 express belt of Electronic Circuits. Did I miss something, however? Is there an issue with this design?
You are short about 1/4 of your assemblers needed to compress a blue belt.

IF your goal is to MAX out a blue belt (with no modules)

IIRC you need 16 Green Assy 3s and something like 192 Red Assy 3 (+32 copper cables)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I just tried this design in a game and I have two more concerns:

1) blue assemblers? No yellow assemblers yet?

2) You have only one fast inserter going out of the copper assembler. At the start of the game, without inserter bonuses, that leaves the assembler idle. You need 2 fast inserters. Which poses a problem for the middle copper assembler, because there is no place to put a second inserter.

I like to put 2 electronic circuit assemblers right next to each other and then 3 copper assembler right next to each other as second line so 3 fast inserters can feed each electronic circuit assembler directly. That means weaving the iron plates input through the electronic circuit output with different underground belts or like a snake. I tend to do the snake because you can do that with just yellow underground belts before you have red ones.

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

Shokubai wrote:
Acarin wrote:Out pops 1 express belt of Electronic Circuits. Did I miss something, however? Is there an issue with this design?
You are short about 1/4 of your assemblers needed to compress a blue belt.

IF your goal is to MAX out a blue belt (with no modules)

IIRC you need 16 Green Assy 3s and something like 192 Red Assy 3 (+32 copper cables)
mrvn wrote:I just tried this design in a game and I have two more concerns:

1) blue assemblers? No yellow assemblers yet? it should use Assembler 3s, I hadn't researched them in 0.15 when I created the blueprint. Should have pointed that out, sorry (which is also why it's not producing a full blue belt "as is")

2) You have only one fast inserter going out of the copper assembler. At the start of the game, without inserter bonuses, that leaves the assembler idle. You need 2 fast inserters. Which poses a problem for the middle copper assembler, because there is no place to put a second inserter. Also my fault - if max stack size is researched (i.e. 3 for Fast Inserters), I think it works out even with a single inserter

I like to put 2 electronic circuit assemblers right next to each other and then 3 copper assembler right next to each other as second line so 3 fast inserters can feed each electronic circuit assembler directly. That means weaving the iron plates input through the electronic circuit output with different underground belts or like a snake. I tend to do the snake because you can do that with just yellow underground belts before you have red ones.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

Is this variant acceptable
I do not max it out but i have to feed the monster to.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Lubricus wrote:Is this variant acceptable
Acceptable of course. I'll note a couple things though:
- This would be a great system to balance the output using beacons and speed modules. Currently, the productivity modules are throttling your output.
- 8 copper inputs are a little short to maximize 8 circuit outputs.

Thanks!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Any way to get around the blue underground belts without making a mess?

I have to say they do look neat but they are expensive and you get them so late in the game. No way to build it like this until the end game.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

Blue print:

Code: Select all

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

This should work could be limited by inserter speed and the circuits is placed on only one lane that will be throttled quite fast if you tile the blue-print.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Yeah, in the early game you need 2 fast inserter feeding each copper wire assembler and 3 fast inserter feeding copper wire to each electronic circuit assembler. Hence the original spacing of the electronic circuit assembler.

Output wise it shouldn't be too bad. You need 1.5 copper plates per electronic circuit. So a single copper belt won't produce a full electronic circuit belt. Instead of switching the output to the other side half way down the line I would add a mirrored setup on the top filling the other side of the output belt. That way you also have 2 (75% used) copper plate belts as input. Otherwise you would need a blue copper plate belt.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

Tested limiting the inserters to starting values.
I can't solve the puzzle without adding one extra space or one stack inserter. You need green science for the stack inserter tech, but I think it's possible to live with a slightly throttled design until then. And then switch and remove inserters after the research is done. I also used ASM3 without thinking.

Adding an extra space for the inserter will make the underground belt for the iron line to long for red belts. So then I have to move the iron belt and increase the width to.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

This variant is totally unacceptable for several reasons.
1. In the case of using prod3 modules 1 copper wire assembler is enough for feeding 1 green wire assembler. There is no need doing it 3 to 2. 4 of Prod3 modules make assembler literally produce 40% more so it will be mostly exactly required proportions.
2. Using beacons with speed modules will enormously increase your production as 4 of prod3 modules reduce assembler's speed by 60% and putting a single beacon will add +50% literally doubling your production. And a beacon will definitely cover more that one assembler.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

PacifyerGrey wrote:

1. In the case of using prod3 modules 1 copper wire assembler is enough for feeding 1 green wire assembler. There is no need doing it 3 to 2. 4 of Prod3 modules make assembler literally produce 40% more so it will be mostly exactly required proportions.
2. Using beacons with speed modules will enormously increase your production as 4 of prod3 modules reduce assembler's speed by 60% and putting a single beacon will add +50% literally doubling your production. And a beacon will definitely cover more that one assembler.
And how much does a beakon + speed3 modules cost compared to simply building a second set of assemblers?
Prod3 modules I get, because you reduce the amount of ore you need to mine. But efficiency modules seem way more expensive than solar pannels and speed modules more expensive than more assembler. But that's just my gut feeling.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Lubricus wrote:Tested limiting the inserters to starting values.
I can't solve the puzzle without adding one extra space or one stack inserter. You need green science for the stack inserter tech, but I think it's possible to live with a slightly throttled design until then. And then switch and remove inserters after the research is done. I also used ASM3 without thinking.

Adding an extra space for the inserter will make the underground belt for the iron line to long for red belts. So then I have to move the iron belt and increase the width to.
Which brings us back to the option of tunneling the iron plates below the middle copper plant, tunnel again under the power pole between the electronic circuit assembler, then split the iron and turn it around like a fountain to feed into the assembler with a fast inserter each. That still requires the extra height but now you can have the output belt where you have the iron belt, tunneling under the iron plate fountain and feed it fast inserter into the tunnel endpoints. That saves the extra width and allows the electronic circuit belt to be compresses, because inserters can drop items into an underground belt if there is even just a partial hole.

That design also works with the initial power poles by adding extra poles at the outsides of the electronic circuit assemblers and on the bottom outside edges of the copper wire assembler triplet.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

mrvn wrote:
PacifyerGrey wrote:

And how much does a beakon + speed3 modules cost compared to simply building a second set of assemblers?
Prod3 modules I get, because you reduce the amount of ore you need to mine. But efficiency modules seem way more expensive than solar pannels and speed modules more expensive than more assembler. But that's just my gut feeling.
You are missing one thing - for those new assemblers you need new prod3 modules. And you need more of them then speed3 modules for beacon that can affect 4-5 assemblers easily and will double their production. And it scales pretty well with main drawback being power - but nuclear plants are pretty good at that. This way you need less prod3 and get more usage of them for more power.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

PacifyerGrey wrote:

1. The Prod3 module will produce 40% more per copper plate not 40% per second so if you want to have 1:1 ratio between Cable assembler and Electronic assembler you should use speed modules on the cable assembler.
2. Probably true that an beacon setup could be both cheaper an take less space. I haven't figured out how to do the layout yet but will try it somehow. I like to feed directly with inserters between assemblers and it's not obvious how and at the same time maximize the number of beacons.
The thing with beacon is that you should go ham on them because the effect is multiplicative so tight designs is important, then long handed inserters give enough space to squeak an beacon in between but they could be to slow.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

PacifyerGrey wrote:

Sorry you were of course right. The prod3 in the circuit assembly will slow down the Cable demand even more than the crafting speed and mess up the ratios, but with how much?
Could something like this work

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

You may want to read and test high-speed producting: Stack inserter speed and input limits, as it handles some interesting game mechanics and has green circuits as examples.

I like Ore-2-bus endgame beaconed design set perfectly saturated too, have to find so time to build a factory in that kind of manner.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Lubricus wrote:
PacifyerGrey wrote:

Sorry you were of course right. The prod3 in the circuit assembly will slow down the Cable demand even more than the crafting speed and mess up the ratios, but with how much?
Could something like this work
A 1:1 ratio used to be the way to go with prod3+speed3.
Getting material in and out of those green circuit monsters always is a problem. I don't think your build has enough throughput on the output belt. A single stack inserter might also not be enough to feed cables.
This was the build I use since 0.14, it still works fine in 0.15. If you feel loaders are too much cheating you can replace them with assembler > stack inserter > chest > stack inserter > chest > 3 inserters to belt.
2017-03-03-08-14-36-5544717.jpg
2017-03-03-08-14-36-5544717.jpg (507.62 KiB) Viewed 9846 times

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Here's a nice little red circuit production layout for marathon mode that I've thrown together. It hits all the standard boxes - involves full blue belts, full prod3 + beacons, stackability, no circuit network drama, etc.

Consumes 1 blue belt of green circuits, 2 blue belts of plastic, and about 1.5 belts of copper plates, and outputs one compressed red belt of advanced circuits. While the blueprint and image show the first half of the output belt looped around and behind the assembly, you can easily change the direction of the output belt to output at either end.

Blueprint

Guu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guu »

My design for green circuits
Attachments
2017-08-19_22-19-38.jpg
2017-08-19_22-19-38.jpg (842.08 KiB) Viewed 9217 times

Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Iccor56 »

Koub wrote:I'ts done with Autocad.
And is so much badass : every Factorio player can screenshot Factorio, but not everyone can make an Autocad plan.
Btw : if I had Autocad at work, I could make such plans at work, and still be congratulated by my boss for my hard dedication to my work :twisted:

do you just mock it up or does it "run" ??

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”