Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by Kane »

Ahh that sucks :(

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Getting into an argument with a staff member trying to communicate that yes, this is in fact a vanilla bug, and no, not not a bug.

Do you think you could help? XD

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47232&p=272441#p272441
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Peter34 wrote:I don't really like the new system where I have to "feed" fuel to the Burner Generators.

My armour might have a lot of those, 4 or 6 of them, and I have to use an elaborate multi-click process to feed some quantity of fuel into each of them. I realize that the fuel will last for a fairly long time, if I use generous stacks of Coal or even merely large stacks of Solid Fuel, but it's a bit annoying. Is there some auto-refueling option that I've overlooked?

I think the ideal solution might be an additional module, 1x1 in size, which can act as a Fuel Storage, used for either burnable fuel or Uranium-based fuel, and then the other modules will take from the Fuel Storage as needed, and the player can use multiple Fuel Storage modules if desired. The point is that then I'll only have to do my re-fuelling one place, instead of interacting with 4 or 6 or more modules, each module requiring many clicks.
You can shift-click fuel to drop it into the equipment. Unfortunately it will drop a full 3 stacks into the first module before moving to the next one, but by the time you have 10+ burner generators, I would hope you have 30 stacks of coal/solid fuel/rocket fuel lying around.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I replied but I'm bad at this stuff. I wonder if it's using boiler sort of api wise and cutting 50% of the fuel out.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

That was one thing I thought, but from what I understand, that just means it eats twice as much fuel, not that it produces half as much.

So to produce 8MW power it consumes 16MW of fuel, but still produces 8MW of power, not 4MW.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Oh yeah good point I guess that would be the case.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Alright, the issue has been identified and will be resolved in V0.15.11
Yay.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Alright, the issue has been identified and will be resolved in V0.15.11
Yay.
glad to hear it.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Fix confirmed, Burner generators work great in V0.15.11

-----

I just realized. I need to make a custom assembler for Armor. Given that Assemblers happily extend their internal stack size to support crafting, I just need one with 10+ slots and I can use whatever I want without worrying about player inventory size :D

Also I should be able to start working on the conduits again since the API got fixed. Probably won't even be able to use them in vehicles, but you should be able to use them in armor.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Is there any chance of adding a charging station instead of me having to download another mod that ads more than what i want ?
I'm thinking of some sort of charging pad i can stand on maybe 2x2 then i can have one of those in the same places i tend to put my car-parking spaces and resupply chests at my base entrances etc, maybe it could even be a bigger size and then it could BE my parking spaces if im going to use it to charge things in my cars/tanks; i tend to make my spaces 3x4 and surround them with hazard concrete.
something like this https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 04855C807/

if you could make it act like a tile it could even be used under train tracks at stations ect but i'd be more than happy with it only being for cars/tanks to park on and have to wait to charge [hopefully not have to wait toooo long] i also dont realy like the efficiency loss of the wireless charging and i think it shouldn't have any or at-least be +95% efficient if its something i have to go stand/park on.

The conduits were one of the big reasons i loved this mod other than the extended power armor options.
in the mean time i might download that other mod if i get to that point in the game with no alternatives found

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sirenfal ... d_Charging

This mod would be more appropriate for your purposes.

Especially since I am probably going to entirely remove Conduits.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

yeah that's the one i saw you mention previously but 50% efficiency seems pretty lame, it does make some sense if its going to be wireless. and i could just go in and change the numbers but that wouldn't seem right either. also the charge speed seems like it would take forever to get to full power

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Charge speed in this mod, even when it still worked, was way inferior, and that mod lets you build a bunch. Also it is insanely fast.
50% efficiency isn't a huge deal, as your armor doesn't use anywhere near as much as the main network, so just think of it as a currency translation fee. I mean, one super-high-tech fusion reactor produces less power than a single garbage steam engine does.

To match a single one of those 20MW poles you would need 27 Fusion reactors. I don't see the issue here. It would charge a T1 battery in 1 second, T2 in 5 seconds.
If you really need a charge to take half a second, install 10 of them.

Also, if you had been using Modular Armor Revamp before, I would point out that the ratio used to be 1/50, as in 2% of the power got into the armor.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Oh, well i actually wasn't aware the conduits were only 2% and i haven't got far enough in my modded 0.15 [not even fully automated science yet] but i was sad to see them not in the tech tree. i will probably end-up getting that mod, and maybe i will even pitch him my idea of a charging pad as it seems i cant find any mods that have one as personally i just think its more fitting,

on a side note i have an idea for an ammo based personal laser defence that could just take turrets or even sub-machine gun's to make and be an early-game alternative but would still be use full later because of very little or no power usage and with bullet damage and uranium rounds

great job on this mod though i realy enjoy all the extra bits to go in my armor and the early game exo-legs

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

KNOWFEAR1337 wrote:Oh, well i actually wasn't aware the conduits were only 2% and i haven't got far enough in my modded 0.15 [not even fully automated science yet] but i was sad to see them not in the tech tree. i will probably end-up getting that mod, and maybe i will even pitch him my idea of a charging pad as it seems i cant find any mods that have one as personally i just think its more fitting,

on a side note i have an idea for an ammo based personal laser defence that could just take turrets or even sub-machine gun's to make and be an early-game alternative but would still be use full later because of very little or no power usage and with bullet damage and uranium rounds

great job on this mod though i realy enjoy all the extra bits to go in my armor and the early game exo-legs
Well, technically it was, Power stored in armor was 50x, or maybe it was 20x, than vanilla for a while. Hence, compared to vanilla, there was loss of efficiency of 95 or 98%. I kinda changed it back recently since burner generators got implemented. the mod currently has no scripts at all, its pure data, which is kinda awesome.

Ammo-based personal defence equipment would be awesome, and if it is actually possible to store items inside equipment at some point that might even happen. This mod does that, no idea how, and Its outdated. I might want to investigate it..
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=26094

Yea, I started with, "Solar panels suck, Fusion reactors are OP, and nothing is inbetween. I want Burner Generators and Power Links (Like Halo lore armor used a huge power cable connected to a fusion reactor when they were in prototype.)
then it was, No way to do that? ima code it anyway. And my god was that "Fun".

Eventually I decided I wanted stuff earlier in the game, so added lower level shields and scaled batteries. And then Legs. And so on.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

KNOWFEAR1337
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KNOWFEAR1337 »

Yeah that would be sick, but to be perfectly honest i think id prefer it if it just used it from the inventory sort of like how the robo-port uses the bots from your inventory then at-least it will take up space in your suite if it isn't using much power, and in-module storage would mean it could run out without you even knowing. i would also sagest making it balanced by it being on the large size so you can only get 1 in the lowest tier armor along with some power.

and to contrast your power links from halo the first thing i thought of was like a station you have to get in like the Borg from star-trek
[edit] i also realy hope this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/xoft/Dec ... NearbyLoot gets updated incase of accidental item bombs
[still happen with some mods and quick replacing or if you take off your armor when your pockets are full XD]

if not it mught be a little something you could add, i have a few other ideas if your atall interested

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Prettuy sure you can set a deconstruction planner to pickup loose items

Any ideas are welcome.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=54461

Vehicle equipment quick-transfer functionality is "Assigned" so it will probably be fixed relatively soon.

Currently it drops it all into the vehicle trunk. If you quick-transfer into normal armor, it instantly fills all of the burner generator types.

After I update this mod to V16 anyhow. Which will happen after I get Large Chests working.

----

Not planning to change Fusion/Fission reactor to use new Nuclear-chemical fuel. It will work in burner generators however.
----

The gameloop script doesn't work if I enable it anymore. No idea why. Given that I am not currently using it, that isn't a HUGE deal, but still.
Means I can't re-enable conduits when I fix them yet.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V16.1.0
Updated for V16

----
I need to reduce the Personal roboport storage again. Turns out it was disabled when I removed the scale entirely, because essentially it was just excluded from the modification.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Mods”