Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Mobius1 »

bodito wrote:So, what do I do here? All i want is for my drills to get the base (not infinite) ore from the patch. But the drills just get stuck on the infinite ores. You can see that there are 21k ores underneath the drill, but that no saphirite is being mined (from the yellow productivity status).

http://imgur.com/a/aXjSw

* I'm not far enough into this playthrough to warrant the use of sulfuric acid on the ores yet. (This patch only has ~1.4m ores and is the very first expansion, I just need more iron to get to the point where I'm comfortable using sulfuric acid.

Also, on a different note, in the future, how am I supposed to get the sulfuric acid to the drills? The only way would be to remove some of my other drills. Would I just have to make space?
To mine infinite ores you can do any of these things:
a) Use only Large Area Mining Drills that way every drill will have the fluid input form
b) Mine around the infinite ore first then place the drills on the infinite patch with fluid
c) Disable acid requirement for infinite ores on the settings menu
d) Disable infinite ores and you'll never have to deal with it and also you'll need to make outposts every few hours instead of sitting back and have resources comming endlessly
e) Curse angel and you'll still have a problem to fix :D

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

A through D get a 12% efficiency bonus when combined with E

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

bodito wrote:So, what do I do here? All i want is for my drills to get the base (not infinite) ore from the patch. But the drills just get stuck on the infinite ores. You can see that there are 21k ores underneath the drill, but that no saphirite is being mined (from the yellow productivity status).

http://imgur.com/a/aXjSw

* I'm not far enough into this playthrough to warrant the use of sulfuric acid on the ores yet. (This patch only has ~1.4m ores and is the very first expansion, I just need more iron to get to the point where I'm comfortable using sulfuric acid.

Also, on a different note, in the future, how am I supposed to get the sulfuric acid to the drills? The only way would be to remove some of my other drills. Would I just have to make space?
You'll need to start using Sulfuric Acid for the miners above infinite patches to function. The miners function for infininte ores exactly like the uranium mining addition in 0.15.x, meaning that any miners directly touching (pipe connections touching) will feed each other with sulfuric acid. Between rows you can connect them with a single pipe and they'll still feed normally. Miners will eventually mine out all of the non-infinite ore they are sitting on as well.

As for placement, I usually let the non-infinite miners run as long as they can, then run around with nanobots and collect all of the finished miners. We're also using AutoDeconstruct which marks miners for deconstruction when they have finished mining (works probably 90% of the time or so, sometimes it doesn't mark a few. Haven't quite figured out what causes this.) If you wanted to use AutoDeconstruct without Nanobots, it works with base game robots as well.

By then there's usually no issue hooking up infinite miners. Train in sulfuric acid and done.

Honestly sulfuric acid is plentiful as well. If you go through Angel's Refining and start doing Hydro Refining, you'll get tons of Sulfuric Acid (a bit of a process, but still)

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Soul wrote:As for placement, I usually let the non-infinite miners run as long as they can, then run around with nanobots and collect all of the finished miners. We're also using AutoDeconstruct which marks miners for deconstruction when they have finished mining (works probably 90% of the time or so, sometimes it doesn't mark a few. Haven't quite figured out what causes this.) If you wanted to use AutoDeconstruct without Nanobots, it works with base game robots as well.
The autoDeconstruct mod won't work when:
- if the miner is the fluid version one
- if you place a ghost image of the miner, the neighbor miner depletes the ores below that ghost, you place that ghost without ore patch beneath it.
To trigger the autodeconstruct mod on any miner, first that miner has to "work" meaning it has to extract at least 1 ore for it to trigger the mod.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

IsZako wrote:In Angel's Infinite Ore, I want to generate infinite ore only. Can I do it with config?
Transrat by google
I wouldn't recommend trying. You'll quickly find that starting the game is entirely impossible because there's no way of producing the acid required for mining infinite ores without actually having mined some ore first.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

eloquentJane wrote:
IsZako wrote:In Angel's Infinite Ore, I want to generate infinite ore only. Can I do it with config?
Transrat by google
I wouldn't recommend trying. You'll quickly find that starting the game is entirely impossible because there's no way of producing the acid required for mining infinite ores without actually having mined some ore first.
You need to turn off the acid requirements then.

IsZako
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IsZako »

Arch666Angel wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:
Transrat by google
You need to turn off the acid requirements then.
Thank you for your reply. I would like to edit the configuration in order to invalidate acid demand and generate infinite ore only.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Just discovered a typo: The acid override for rubyte and bobmonium is not working and is falling back to vanilla sulfuric acid.

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

Mobius1 wrote:
Soul wrote:As for placement, I usually let the non-infinite miners run as long as they can, then run around with nanobots and collect all of the finished miners. We're also using AutoDeconstruct which marks miners for deconstruction when they have finished mining (works probably 90% of the time or so, sometimes it doesn't mark a few. Haven't quite figured out what causes this.) If you wanted to use AutoDeconstruct without Nanobots, it works with base game robots as well.
The autoDeconstruct mod won't work when:
- if the miner is the fluid version one
- if you place a ghost image of the miner, the neighbor miner depletes the ores below that ghost, you place that ghost without ore patch beneath it.
To trigger the autodeconstruct mod on any miner, first that miner has to "work" meaning it has to extract at least 1 ore for it to trigger the mod.
All of those are understandable, and none of them are what I have experienced. All miners usually get placed down before an outpost even has electricity, and every miner cycles. Supposedly it's a bug with overlapping miners, but does not always occur.

murumasa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by murumasa »

Hi,

I am having an issue where I have unlocked the tech for all waste water recipes (sulfuric, fluoric and chloric) but I am only able to use sulfuric in a Water Treatment machine. It seems like the recipes are missing? Or am I required to use a Mk 2 machine for these recipes?

As of now I am unable to progress with my refining setup.

Thanks!

IsZako
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IsZako »

Arch666Angel wrote:Just discovered a typo: The acid override for rubyte and bobmonium is not working and is falling back to vanilla sulfuric acid.
I am sorry, I do not know where to edit the configuration. could you please tell me?

GatlingNuke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GatlingNuke »

Hi,
When I try to play a game with Bob's and Angel's mods, I get the error message attached to this post, reinstalling the mods did not work.
It's been about a week where all the other mods work with 0.15 and not this, so I thought it may be a problem only I am having
Thanks!
Attachments
Error message
Error message
Factorio Error.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 6571 times

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

GatlingNuke wrote:Hi,
When I try to play a game with Bob's and Angel's mods, I get the error message attached to this post, reinstalling the mods did not work.
It's been about a week where all the other mods work with 0.15 and not this, so I thought it may be a problem only I am having
Thanks!
You need angelsinfiniteores if you wanna play with petrochem, make sure you have all the required mods installed and updated, then check if that error message appears again.

GatlingNuke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GatlingNuke »

Mobius1 wrote:
GatlingNuke wrote:Hi,
Thanks!
You need angelsinfiniteores if you wanna play with petrochem, make sure you have all the required mods installed and updated, then check if that error message appears again.
Thanks it worked! I thought that mod was optional I think.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Angel has set most of the mods as optional. Even though they're mandatory.
It seems to be the most common issue with getting Angel's mods to work.

radred609
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by radred609 »

Heyo,

I think i've found a bug with researching.

Initially i was unable to research advanced iron smelting 3, but after installing research que it turns out that it's because i haven't researched washing... only problem is that there's no way to select washing through the normal research tab and when i do select it through research que it doesn't progress.

I checked to see if there was some weird interaction with GDIW (Gah! DarnItWater!) but uninstalling GDIW doesn't change it.

Am i missing something obvious?

radred609
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by radred609 »

Here's a screenshot in case it helps clarify:
http://imgur.com/a/9mAvh

Kremnari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kremnari »

radred609 wrote:Here's a screenshot in case it helps clarify:
I made a mod for 0.14 that produced situations like this. I've seen the same term (fogged research) on someones' tweak mod for 0.15, perhaps you have that installed? I searched the recent ten pages of mods but couldn't find which mod it is.

The problem (from my mod), is that there's a prereq that is not available for research yet (the prereq would be red too). For your Iron 3, the missing chain should be Crushing > Water Treatment > Washing, but I can't discern what you have researched from your pic. It will likely resolve itself after a few more techs.

Kremnari

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

radred609 wrote:Here's a screenshot in case it helps clarify:
I guess you have added smelting to an existing save?

radred609
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by radred609 »

I have no recollection of changing any mods since starting a new game... and i'm only a few hours in so i feel like i would have.

I just uninstalled then reinstalled smelting and, whilst the research is still impossible to select without Research Que, it is now researching.

So yeah, not sure what's going on... but yeah.

Return to “Angels Mods”