[MOD 0.14-1.0]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Post by Sedar »

Helfima wrote:@sedar i have the same resolution normaly there are no problem i mean u have a scaling
u can change display % in game options after u see all button tu reduce size if u want
The new version come soon to fixe the remote function and other
You right. I had an interface scale of 150% of normal. I returned it to 100% changed the mod settings and returned it back. Now everything works well. Thanks again for your mod. :D

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

I have pushed new version 0.4.1

Fixed computing power
Fixed burner energy
Fixed /c remote.call("helmod","display_size","1360x768")
Added remove button in energy panel
Added 3 Hotkeys

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

I have a question (or a suggestion):

Is it possible to, instead of setting the desired ammount of production of an item, calculate it after you set all the assembly machines and beacons. For example, if I'm using bob's mods and I set an Assembly Machine MK6 with 6 Raw Productivity Modules MK8 (120% prod per module 720% total productivity) beaconed by 16 MK3 beacons with 6 Raw Speed Modules inserted on them (16*6*120% speed bonus), but I wanna know how many of a product this setup can produce, instead of saying "i wanna know how many assemblies with beacons i need to produce 1000 red packs per minute", it'd be like the inverse order of what we are doing now with the recipes. Is there a way to do that?

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Is it possible to show total input and total output on the production line.
For example, I want to make 1 science pack 1 and 1 science pack 2, the total would show 7.5 iron plate and 2.5 copper plate input.
Then I add a iron plate construction block and the total would show 7.5 iron ore and 2.5 copper plate input.
This small example it's possible to calculate it by hand, but when you have a block for each science pack and add some blocks to produce raw resources it's hard to see what resources you still need blocks for.

Another feature I would like is to have a block with more than one output recipe.
That way I can produce for example both science 1 and science 2 in one block.

The last feature I can think of right now is to import/export production lines via a string like the bluestrings so you can plan something in a different game.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Getting this error now after the recent 0.4.4 update.
The error appears on a save that doesn't had helmod included before, with 0.4.3 this is working:
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (15.14 KiB) Viewed 8507 times

maurojunior2011
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maurojunior2011 »

JoeWhizer wrote:Getting this error now after the recent 0.4.4 update.
The error appears on a save that doesn't had helmod included before, with 0.4.3 this is working:
New game: Working
Load Game: Not Working

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

JoeWhizer wrote:Getting this error now after the recent 0.4.4 update.
fixed in version 0.4.5

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

It seems like it would be more useful if the "Resources" tab only displayed the input resources required by this production line, and not also all the intermediate resources that are both produced and also consumed by the same production line. Right now there's no easy way to tell what inputs the line requires, and whether you have forgotten to add any intermediate production to it or not.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

After updating from 0.4.3 to 0.4.5 the game goess into a desync loop as soon as a second player joins

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

Smarty wrote:After updating from 0.4.3 to 0.4.5 the game goess into a desync loop as soon as a second player joins
Fixed in Version 0.4.6

Added unliked block option
Fixed assembler filter for resource
Fixed bug desync in MP
Fixed opened panel after load game
Changed main icon in green color

Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x]Helmod: Assistant to plan its base.

Post by Kormer »

Can someone tell me what the Unlinked Block and Computing by Factory options do?

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Unlinked block means this block's output quantity is whatever you set it to, rather than being determined automatically by the input requirements of the blocks above it on the production line (so it only makes a difference if there actually is another block that consumes that item).
Compute by factory means that instead of setting an output-per-time rate of a particular item, you set a number of machines to be running at full speed (e.g. if you set it to 8 for a block whose main recipe is configured to use assembler 2's, it will produce 6 items per second).

dtupper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dtupper »

Awesome mod. Thank you so much. Just now figuring it out and it is a godsend. No more alt-tabbing to 3 different sites because they all provide 33% of the functionality I need.

Bug report: When I put nuclear energy turbine in for availability in the power tab, it still tries to use regular steam engine in the summary tab even when I haven't defined steam engines (I don't use them)

Additionally I would like a way to move an unlinked production block to the top of all of the linked production blocks. Maybe shift-click? Even better: a button to move a production block above all of its ingredients. That would solve all of those issues.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Is there anything you can do to make your mod be able to handle recursive recipes? I noticed that some of my smelting and other recipes are not really working well with helmod when they are "looping".

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

Arch666Angel wrote:Is there anything you can do to make your mod be able to handle recursive recipes? I noticed that some of my smelting and other recipes are not really working well with helmod when they are "looping".
The recursive loops are practically unresolvable. It is necessary to separate these recipes correctly and play with the production property
Sample

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Helfima wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Is there anything you can do to make your mod be able to handle recursive recipes? I noticed that some of my smelting and other recipes are not really working well with helmod when they are "looping".
The recursive loops are practically unresolvable. It is necessary to separate these recipes correctly and play with the production property
Sample
Fair enough, another request would be if you could add a check to ignore recipes that are hidden, because most of the time they represent stuff that cant be controlled by the player anyway (like my void recipes and bobs void recipes), so my opinions is: ignore hidden recipes in general and make exceptions for one you need (rocket assembly recipe e.g.)

reset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by reset »

Is it possible to manually "blacklist" recipes from certain factories?
For example the fluid splitters and fluid converters from angels are unnecessary, or machines that void resources.

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

Hi, it's me again.
Yes, I'm still using your mod, yes I still think it's awesome and yes I still don't get it! (*disturbed silence* ... "HEY! Who said that?")

Anyways, can you, good Sir Helfima, please help me out here:
At the orange circles (1): Why do I (and can I) add the miners when they are not recognized anyways? The needed input for the recipe should show 0 iron ore... Right?

At the red circle (2): This number is from the forums (from here) and it shows the amount mined per second for a vanilla miner from an iron deposit. Why is Helmod telling me i only need 7 miners (at 25 smelters) but according to the number in the forums i actually need at least 26?

At the green circle (3): As we are about to enter a new age where productivity comes without the cost of additional energy may I request you allow the player to adjust the productivity accordingly?

Thanks!

PS: Holy smokes, do I really need 25 smelters just to get two factories with rails running?! I never did the math precisely but that would explain a few shortages.
Attachments
Helmod2.png
Helmod2.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 8331 times

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

Gecko wrote:Hi, it's me again.
Yes, I'm still using your mod, yes I still think it's awesome and yes I still don't get it! (*disturbed silence* ... "HEY! Who said that?")

Anyways, can you, good Sir Helfima, please help me out here:
At the orange circles (1): Why do I (and can I) add the miners when they are not recognized anyways? The needed input for the recipe should show 0 iron ore... Right?

At the red circle (2): This number is from the forums (from here) and it shows the amount mined per second for a vanilla miner from an iron deposit. Why is Helmod telling me i only need 7 miners (at 25 smelters) but according to the number in the forums i actually need at least 26?

At the green circle (3): As we are about to enter a new age where productivity comes without the cost of additional energy may I request you allow the player to adjust the productivity accordingly?

Thanks!

PS: Holy smokes, do I really need 25 smelters just to get two factories with rails running?! I never did the math precisely but that would explain a few shortages.
1) This is not really a recipe and so I keep the information on the resource
2) it s right now is fixed in Version 0.5.0
3) I must to integrate the new age :)

Return to “Mods”