Game enters window mode after ALT TAB and pressing ENTER

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kiloliuton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Game enters window mode after ALT TAB and pressing ENTER

Post by kiloliuton »

1 - I pressed alt-tab while in fullscreen/windowed mode (either in the menu or on a map). Then I returned focus to the game (either through a mouse click or by pressing alt-tab again) and pressed ENTER.
2 - Pressing ENTER in-game (either menu or in a map) after returning focus causes the game to toggle between windowed mode or fullscreen mode (if you are in fullscreen it goes to windowed and vice-versa).
3 - I expected the game to remain in its windowed/fullscreen state after the press of the button ENTER regardless of it having been minimized or not.

I am running the latest patch (15.x) of the Linux version of the game on steam on Arch Linux 64bit using the Gnome desktop environment.

Kilandor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Game enters window mode after ALT TAB and pressing ENTER

Post by Kilandor »

It simply sounds as if for some reason the game thinks your alt key is still being held down. Alt+Enter is a standard shortcut for switching between fullscreen and windowed.

Make sure your keyboard key isn't being stuck down for some reason. I realize that it is probably not the case though.

A simple temporary fix should be after you enter the game simply press ALT again.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report. I don't know how to solve this properly. The game loses focus, so it doesn't get key-up event when releasing Alt, but it also for some reason doesn't get event about focus loss, so keyboard state is not cleared.
I'll change shortcut for fullscreen to Ctrl+Alt+Enter on Linux.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Oxyd fixed it properly, after all. So Alt+Enter will stay as toggle fullscreen on Linux.

kiloliuton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kiloliuton »

Thanks for the replies everyone, the issue has been fixed in patch 15.12!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”