[15.11] Consistent Crashing (New)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
opencircut74
Inserter
Inserter

[15.11] Consistent Crashing (New)

Post by opencircut74 »

Hello, I know you are probably looking at the title thinking "He did this again?", but I promise this one is different. In the last thread, MSI Afterburner seemed to be the problem, but after I deleted it and uninstalled it a new problem arose. This time, all the game says it that it crashed and it wants me to go to the log file. It normally happens ~ 15 minutes into the game, and every time it crashes, steam syncs. (That may be normal, I thought I would just add it here). The problem with this is that after the game crashes, steam syncs, and it takes forever (does not load for minutes after the crash). I have attached the log file below, and thank you.

Opencircut74
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.87 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Master of using up all of my resources on accumulators and batteries.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.11] Consistent Crashing (New)

Post by Rseding91 »

Hmm, it's crashing in something relate to sound.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Unfortunately it crashed in the engine's audio mixer and there's not much we can do.
I investigated and there is nothing wrong that I can see.

Did you do anything special with audio or soundcard driver?
To fix it we would need a way to reproduce the issue.

Try looking if it always crashes in the same spot every time. If it doesn't, I suggest a memtest.

opencircut74
Inserter
Inserter

Post by opencircut74 »

Twinsen wrote:Unfortunately it crashed in the engine's audio mixer and there's not much we can do.
I investigated and there is nothing wrong that I can see.

Did you do anything special with audio or soundcard driver?
To fix it we would need a way to reproduce the issue.

Try looking if it always crashes in the same spot every time. If it doesn't, I suggest a memtest.
I didn't do anything with the audio driver, as it has remained the same ever since I built the computer, which was not that long ago. As for the other thing, I'll explore and see if it crashes in any specific place. EDIT: Thanks for suggesting memtest! It found multiple errors whit my RAM. This may be due to it's frequency, as it is at 2400MHz, which is technically an overclock. EDIT 2: after I tested the RAM with the reduced speeds, it still showed errors. I don't know how this will affect the game, but this means I need new RAM.
Master of using up all of my resources on accumulators and batteries.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”