Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by nagapito »

What I usually do, so I am not forced to run command and disable achievements, is to create a new migration file in my custom mod that I use for my custom modifications.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

That kind of migration issue was solved on the previous migration files on the mod, the game should be able to run all the migrations to make it work tho.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:That kind of migration issue was solved on the previous migration files on the mod, the game should be able to run all the migrations to make it work tho.

If he started a game without the acids override active, researched water treatment and later activated the acids, I think the recipes will never unlock!

canadajebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canadajebus »

nagapito wrote:
Mobius1 wrote:That kind of migration issue was solved on the previous migration files on the mod, the game should be able to run all the migrations to make it work tho.

If he started a game without the acids override active, researched water treatment and later activated the acids, I think the recipes will never unlock!
I'm not sure if that's what happened, but a possibility. I've started a new huge marathomation game a week ago and have been pretty quick at getting all the mod updates. I was thinking another possibility was I did an update between a refining and petrochem recipe and that caused them to disable. Hard to say at this point, but I'm glad its fixed, thanks for the help!

deeje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deeje »

Using the convertor valve for ammonia gas to ammonia is no longer working.

Gladaed
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gladaed »

the crushed stone CaCl_2 produces 30 instead of 3 units according to the tooltip

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

On weird non-bug that I found is that if you put frequency to very high, no RSO, starter area Stir and Saph get really high with normal size and richness. Most maps have over 2 million in at least one of the starter patches.

Off-topic rant:
I'm trying out map setting for an anti RSO campaign; with RSO you go set up 1-2 distant outposts per ore and you are done. They are so distant that they might as well not exist or be part of your base. Lately I've been giving them independent power so you don't even need to connect them with poles.

Instead I would like to experiment with having to mine a lot of small patches in close proximity, lead them to one centralized station. Make a spiderweb map.

Or maybe even better a neuron network, like in:
https://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~nd/surprise_9 ... neuron.jpg

The small sub-tree in the top-left could be Saph, with 10 small mining outposts, leading to a single train, that goes to the nucleus: main base.

Stormcaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stormcaller »

Found a minor bug...

Metallurgy 2 seems to unlock two copies of Chemical Furnace Mk2.

I can't see any difference between them, so guessing it is just an interface thing.

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

We seem to be having issues with Fluid Splitters (both variants). They aren't doing anything? Output is not blocked and the machine has power, but nothing happens. I've tried with and without pumps, and with different pipe types, and still it won't pump Sulfuric Acid. A buddy also tried using a 2-way for water and it also did not do anything. Fluid goes into the splitter but it won't come out of the outputs. I can pump into and out of the input.
Screenshot

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Soul wrote:We seem to be having issues with Fluid Splitters (both variants). They aren't doing anything? Output is not blocked and the machine has power, but nothing happens. I've tried with and without pumps, and with different pipe types, and still it won't pump Sulfuric Acid. A buddy also tried using a 2-way for water and it also did not do anything. Fluid goes into the splitter but it won't come out of the outputs. I can pump into and out of the input.
Screenshot
Looking at this picture, suddenly, fluid splitter almost made all sense. If it wasnt the (what I think stupid) stopping mechanism if one output is blocked....

deeje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deeje »

deeje wrote:Using the convertor valve for ammonia gas to ammonia is no longer working.
Adding the following to prototypes/petrochem-generate.lua in the --CREATE-CONVERTER section will unblock until Angel can release a new version.

Code: Select all

angelsmods.functions.make_converter("ammonia", "gas-ammonia")
    angelsmods.functions.disable_barreling_recipes("ammonia")

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

nagapito wrote:
Soul wrote:We seem to be having issues with Fluid Splitters (both variants). They aren't doing anything? Output is not blocked and the machine has power, but nothing happens. I've tried with and without pumps, and with different pipe types, and still it won't pump Sulfuric Acid. A buddy also tried using a 2-way for water and it also did not do anything. Fluid goes into the splitter but it won't come out of the outputs. I can pump into and out of the input.
Screenshot
Looking at this picture, suddenly, fluid splitter almost made all sense. If it wasnt the (what I think stupid) stopping mechanism if one output is blocked....
Yeah that mechanic doesn't make sense to me either, I would use them a lot if the stopping mechanism wasn't a thing. Trouble at the moment they don't work at all for me, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cpeosphoros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cpeosphoros »

Soul wrote:
nagapito wrote:
Screenshot
Yeah that mechanic doesn't make sense to me either, I would use them a lot if the stopping mechanism wasn't a thing. Trouble at the moment they don't work at all for me, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The splitter's stopping mechanism are nice to enforce a kind of logic like "If branch A is clogged, stop branch B also".

You don't need/want this mechanism (and also, then, no splitters) if you want the branches to work independently. If that is the case, just make a "Y shaped" pipe connection. If you need to enforce flow direction, just put a regular pump/valve after the Y junction.

hyodoo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hyodoo »

Currently, there seems to be no function to automatically split the recipe output into multiple slots. --- (①)

A recipe registration function is defined in "angelsrefining_0.7.9/prototypes/angels-functions.lua : line 234".
It is a recipe that input 60 units and output 60 units.
That function is called in "angelspetrochem_0.5.7/prototypes/petrochem-generate.lua : line 2".

Then the number and size of splitter's output slots are set in "angelspetrochem_0.5.7/prototypes/buildings/fluid-splitter.lua".
( 30 units x 2 and 20 units x 3 )
But for the reasons above (①) it is not working.

I think that it is necessary to set a recipe for each of the two splitters.

artisticMink
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by artisticMink »

Hello,

i've a little trouble understanding the dependencies of Angels Smelting (Beta).

The current version 0.3.1 needs bobsplates to work, but as you stated earlier if any bob mod is enabled i would need _all_ bobmods installed and enabled for Angels Smelting to work. So the only way to currently play Angels Smelting would be with all bobmods or not at all?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

artisticMink wrote:Hello,

The current version 0.3.1 needs bobsplates to work, but as you stated earlier if any bob mod is enabled i would need _all_ bobmods installed and enabled for Angels Smelting to work. So the only way to currently play Angels Smelting would be with all bobmods or not at all?
I added the hard dependency to bobplates because people were trying to run it without bobs, which would throw errors then. None the less the statement that you need all of bobs or none is true, the point about smelting is that it doesnt make too much sense in vanilla, it would just be a bigger smelting setup for iron and copper, alloying would require to reintroduce several ores for the only purpose of mixing them.

artisticMink
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by artisticMink »

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
artisticMink wrote:Hello,

I added the hard dependency to bobplates because people were trying to run it without bobs, which would throw errors then. None the less the statement that you need all of bobs or none is true, the point about smelting is that it doesnt make too much sense in vanilla, it would just be a bigger smelting setup for iron and copper, alloying would require to reintroduce several ores for the only purpose of mixing them.
I still think that even in vanilla, smelting could be an awesome addition, specially if productivity modules were allowed.

You can build the usual huge electric beaconed furnace array or build a more complex smelting facility with multiple stages that gives even a bigger output!

Or/and, as I and other talked here and there, somehow, disable all types of smelting except stone furnaces (for early game), being smelting the only way to smelt the metals. I think both situations (disable smelting and modules) could work very nice in vanilla or bob suit!

bodito
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bodito »

So, what do I do here? All i want is for my drills to get the base (not infinite) ore from the patch. But the drills just get stuck on the infinite ores. You can see that there are 21k ores underneath the drill, but that no saphirite is being mined (from the yellow productivity status).

http://imgur.com/a/aXjSw

* I'm not far enough into this playthrough to warrant the use of sulfuric acid on the ores yet. (This patch only has ~1.4m ores and is the very first expansion, I just need more iron to get to the point where I'm comfortable using sulfuric acid.

Also, on a different note, in the future, how am I supposed to get the sulfuric acid to the drills? The only way would be to remove some of my other drills. Would I just have to make space?

IsZako
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IsZako »

In Angel's Infinite Ore, I want to generate infinite ore only. Can I do it with config?
Transrat by google

Return to “Angels Mods”