increase visibility of ghost buildings over grass

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

increase visibility of ghost buildings over grass

Post by tamanous »

Greetings fellow earthlings.
TL;DR
I would like to increase the visibility of ghosts, so that I can see what should be placed (and of course: its alignment).

can't see the ghost build underneath the grass. Requesting help.
As you can (not) see, there are some transport belts placed as ghosts.
ghost over grass.jpg
ghost over grass.jpg (138.45 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
This never occurred as a problem to me too often in my past, but causes some disturbances now, as blueprints are available from start. I am sure other players are affected, too:
now many players will place blueprints before a construction robot infrastructure of any kind is researched. When happened to spawn in a desert biome with grass, this will cause some serious problems placing items over grass, as shown in the screenshot.

agentgoblin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: increase visibility of ghost buildings over grass

Post by agentgoblin »

Maybe add light borders to ghost buildings like this?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes. There are many more cases, when ghosts become invisible. And sometimes the other way around: Sometimes it's not easy to distinguish between ghost and already places entity.

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22760 Support for Color Blinds / Better Visibility ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

agentgoblin wrote:Maybe add light borders to ghost buildings like this?
So far, I like it.
ssilk wrote:Yes. There are many more cases, when ghosts become invisible. And sometimes the other way around: Sometimes it's not easy to distinguish between ghost and already places entity.

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22760 Support for Color Blinds / Better Visibility ...
Thank you.
I am aware of some other cases of problems with visibility of ghosts, but didn't felt to post them here, because I there were acceptable workarounds (i.e.: placing the next roboport as ghost in a forest - remove trees helps, after tree stump despawn visibility greatly increases further). Again, I think the highlighted border could improve visibility great time. I'm curious how this would look like on a bigger scale.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”