New Vehicles

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Capt Sternn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New Vehicles

Post by Capt Sternn »

I would like to see more varity in Vehicles
such as:

Bulldozer- to smash down forests to to create paths
Helicopter or Aircar: flight travel
Car: with better speed control
Armored vehicle - Tank or APC with Mounted weapons
Patrol and Transport boats
Excavator- in order to expand lakes or make moats

Just some Ideas

Chthon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New Vehicles

Post by Chthon »

I proposed something similar in an automated trucking vein. Similar to trains, but not as invulnerable or fast. More flexible however, but higher tech level.

Player can build roads to improve trucking speed, and sets up convoys composed of tractor cabs and armored defense trucks. Trucks pick their own routes if set to automatic based on time since last shipment from X Depot and how full the convoy will get. Manual mode can also be engaged where the player specifies routes.

All routes are from one depot to another. Manual mode can be used to send mixed goods convoys to multiple destinations.

Once again, trains are fast and hard to kill, trucks on the other hand can be swarmed if they pick routes near/through biter bases. They prefer roads if possible, but do not require them if the player does not have the resources. I'd place them above the Roboport level of techs, with the idea that they are robotized. Depots will also act like a requester/provider chests for roboports as well.

Hometruck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hometruck »

I had a similar idea for a bulldozer, and i support the other vehicle propositions, although, the excavator might get a little to dwarf fortress-y in its complexity.
Chthon wrote:I proposed something similar in an automated trucking vein. Similar to trains, but not as invulnerable or fast. More flexible however, but higher tech level.

Player can build roads to improve trucking speed, and sets up convoys composed of tractor cabs and armored defense trucks. Trucks pick their own routes if set to automatic based on time since last shipment from X Depot and how full the convoy will get. Manual mode can also be engaged where the player specifies routes.

All routes are from one depot to another. Manual mode can be used to send mixed goods convoys to multiple destinations.

Once again, trains are fast and hard to kill, trucks on the other hand can be swarmed if they pick routes near/through biter bases. They prefer roads if possible, but do not require them if the player does not have the resources. I'd place them above the Roboport level of techs, with the idea that they are robotized. Depots will also act like a requester/provider chests for roboports as well.
cthon, this also sounds good.
If everyone on the internet were a bit more articulate each day, and gave each other the benefit of the doubt, the world would be a better place.

Capt Sternn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Capt Sternn »

As would be nice:
for Trains: a Liquid Tranport Car (say 2.5k of any Liquid), A flat Transport Car for Vehcles, A Turret car for defense.
Combat Patroling robots

XxKR4K3NxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxKR4K3NxX »

Capt Sternn wrote:I would like to see more varity in Vehicles
such as:

Bulldozer- to smash down forests to to create paths
Helicopter or Aircar: flight travel
Car: with better speed control
Armored vehicle - Tank or APC with Mounted weapons
Patrol and Transport boats
Excavator- in order to expand lakes or make moats

Just some Ideas
What materials would we need to construct these vehicles and how big would they be relative to the car or the player? How much fuel would each be able to carry? Could the player refuel them or do you also have an idea for an automatic fueling station, what sort of fuel would they need? Would it be a variation on the fuels present in the game or would it just use normal fossil fuels present in the game world? would it be possible to insert batteries and charge them using the greener options available? Just spitballing some questions here

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”