Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

@hoho
The strand casting machine isnt in yet, so I probably forgot to change the category there, will fix that for the next version.
The smelting processes are close to real world counterparts so dont blame me for chemistry stuff :D
I fixed the acid mix up for the ore in the next petrochem version. I might add acid requirements to other infinite variant later on, depends on how well it is received

Does it just not match the consumption elsewhere in bobs?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Arch666Angel wrote:Does it just not match the consumption elsewhere in bobs?
What do you mean?

Sulfuric acid seems to be doing quite well for me while I'm doing leaching with bobonium/rubyte. I even earn a bit of extra sulfur but I've not yet managed to really scale my production so things may change.

As it stands, I'm making a LOT of extra chlorine and hydrogen with nowhere to spend it. I mean I do use it for some things but other processes generate it in so massive quantities that I have no idea where to put it. As it stands, I just fill factorissimo buildings with pressure tanks and use them as "supertankers" :D

I'm not really sure if having some stuff be produced in such quantities that won't be used by other processes is a bad thing. The autistic-OCD in me doesn't want to void anything and it'd be awesome if I could spend it on something. Though I HIGHLY doubt I'll ever get to that point. Don't take my whining about it too seriously, it makes sense that there are waste products in factories that have to be handled somehow :)

Eternal_Wait
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eternal_Wait »

Bug report:
Three Hydro Refining recipe (Tier 2) are having waste water output of 5 needs to be changed to 50 ,
This is caused by overwrite in
angelsrefining_0.7.8/prototypes/refining-override.lua (88,90,92)

Code: Select all

--INSERT ADDITIONAL WATER RESOURCES INTO REFINING RECIPES
	angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_output("angelsore2-chunk", "water-yellow-waste")	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-chunk", "water-greenyellow-waste", "fluid", 5)	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_output("angelsore4-chunk", "water-yellow-waste")	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore4-chunk", "water-green-waste", "fluid", 5)	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_output("angelsore5-chunk", "water-yellow-waste")	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore5-chunk", "water-red-waste", "fluid", 5)	
Took me forever to make one barrel !

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Arch666Angel wrote:@hoho
The strand casting machine isnt in yet, so I probably forgot to change the category there, will fix that for the next version.
The smelting processes are close to real world counterparts so dont blame me for chemistry stuff :D
I fixed the acid mix up for the ore in the next petrochem version. I might add acid requirements to other infinite variant later on, depends on how well it is received

Does it just not match the consumption elsewhere in bobs?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the infinite ore acid requirements, but I have just two requests. I'm having a lot of trouble generating enough hydroflouric acid to keep up with demand even after reprocessing all of the flouric wastewater I get because there's seemingly so few sources of it. Is there any other way to generate it? Because as it is i'm forced to basically turn all of my jivolite into chunks, hampering my iron production... Secondly, as mentioned previously, a miner placed on both infinite and non infinte ores will fail to work on the non-infinite ores if acid isn't supplied. This leads to awkward positioning requirements in some cases. Would it be possible to fix that?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Eternal_Wait wrote:Bug report:
Three Hydro Refining recipe (Tier 2) are having waste water output of 5 needs to be changed to 50 ,
This is caused by overwrite in
angelsrefining_0.7.8/prototypes/refining-override.lua (88,90,92)

--INSERT ADDITIONAL WATER RESOURCES INTO REFINING RECIPES
	angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_output("angelsore2-chunk", "water-yellow-waste")	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore2-chunk", "water-greenyellow-waste", "fluid", 5)	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_output("angelsore4-chunk", "water-yellow-waste")	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore4-chunk", "water-green-waste", "fluid", 5)	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_output("angelsore5-chunk", "water-yellow-waste")	
	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_output("angelsore5-chunk", "water-red-waste", "fluid", 5)	
Took me forever to make one barrel !
Oh gosh, I made a disciple!! :D
Just completing your report, Leaching plants recipes are using 5 fluids instead of 50.
Modified: (angelspetrochem_0.5.5/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua:Lines(28-34))

28  if angelsmods.trigger.enableacids then
		angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_input("angelsore2-crystal", "liquid-sulfuric-acid")     
		angelsmods.functions.OV.set_input("angelsore2-crystal", "liquid-hydrofluoric-acid", "fluid", 50)
		angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_input("angelsore4-crystal", "liquid-sulfuric-acid")     
		angelsmods.functions.OV.set_input("angelsore4-crystal", "liquid-hydrochloric-acid", "fluid", 50)
		angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_input("angelsore5-crystal", "liquid-sulfuric-acid")     
		angelsmods.functions.OV.set_input("angelsore5-crystal", "liquid-nitric-acid", "fluid", 50)
Intermediates from bobwarfare:
-Petroleum jelly
2 residual gas :: 1 Petroleum jelly => 20 residual gas :: 1 Petroleum jelly
Modified: (angelspetrochem_0.5.5/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua:107)

107   angelsmods.functions.OV.set_input("petroleum-jelly", "gas-residual", "fluid", 20)
-Explosives
1 sulfur : 1 coal : 1 Purified Water :: 1 explosive => 1 sulfur : 1 coal : 10 Purified Water :: 1 explosive
Modified: (angelsrefining_0.7.8/prototypes/refining-override-bob.lua:411)

411	angelsmods.functions.OV.set_input("explosives", "water-purified", "fluid", 10)
BY THE HAMMER OF THOR THESE SHALL BE THE LAST BITERS!

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

Arch666Angel wrote:What is it used for should just not display hidden recipes and make an exception for the rocket recipe, instead of having it the other way around.
It's debatable, but I think it's better to err on the side of including as much information as possible in a mod like that. Though maybe the hidden recipes could be sorted to the bottom or something.

Independently of that, I feel that it's a good idea on general principle to have meaningful names for the fluid splitter recipes. They might show up in some other context and cause similar confusion.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

qwerter96 wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble generating enough hydroflouric acid to keep up with demand even after reprocessing all of the flouric wastewater I get because there's seemingly so few sources of it.
I just reached the point where I needed more hydrofluoric acid for lead processing and hoped to get it from jivolite. Boy, was I wrong :D

Without the fixes listed a couple of comments above, I kickstarted the jivolite processing chain with a barrel of hydrofluoric acid hoping to generate more of fluoride than I spend. Over around half an hou, I managed to generate around 150 jivolite crystals with the processing thingy while having some 1500 or so chunks waiting for more acid :D

So, yeah, I now changed the numbers as shown above and hope to at least get it even. Though it seems like it won't probably produce extra hydrofluoric acid unless I can plug production modules somewhere in there but I think those are disabled by default. We really need an easier way to generate some raw resources. Fluorite is currently the biggest hurdle. I saw that I can "fix" my sulfur shortfalls with cracking coal and flarestacking the excess stuff. Not pretty but at least I can now dig out some infinite ores.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hoho wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble generating enough hydroflouric acid to keep up with demand even after reprocessing all of the flouric wastewater I get because there's seemingly so few sources of it.
I just reached the point where I needed more hydrofluoric acid for lead processing and hoped to get it from jivolite. Boy, was I wrong :D

Without the fixes listed a couple of comments above, I kickstarted the jivolite processing chain with a barrel of hydrofluoric acid hoping to generate more of fluoride than I spend. Over around half an hou, I managed to generate around 150 jivolite crystals with the processing thingy while having some 1500 or so chunks waiting for more acid :D

So, yeah, I now changed the numbers as shown above and hope to at least get it even. Though it seems like it won't probably produce extra hydrofluoric acid unless I can plug production modules somewhere in there but I think those are disabled by default. We really need an easier way to generate some raw resources. Fluorite is currently the biggest hurdle. I saw that I can "fix" my sulfur shortfalls with cracking coal and flarestacking the excess stuff. Not pretty but at least I can now dig out some infinite ores.
Fluid amounts should be fixed with the newest version, you can get additional hydrofluoric acid by cracking the acid gas you get from gas refining.

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CitizenJoe »

The latest version of Petrochem refuses to load with infinite ores 0.6.9, but loads fine with 0.6.8, and will not load at all without infinite ores. It should probably not require infinite ores in the first place though, since it isn't listed as a prerequisite.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Just updated refining to 0.7.9, infiniteores to 0.6.9 and rso to 3.2.4 and now petrochem refuses to load up complaining about 'infinite-uranium-ore' being a nil value in petrochom-global-override.lua:49.

A dependency chain gone wrong, perhaps?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

CitizenJoe wrote:The latest version of Petrochem refuses to load with infinite ores 0.6.9, but loads fine with 0.6.8, and will not load at all without infinite ores. It should probably not require infinite ores in the first place though, since it isn't listed as a prerequisite.
I'll just quote from Petrochems mod description which is also visible ingame:

"description": "PetroChems changes and adds Oil and Gas processing to a bobmods game, as well as a more complex web of chemical producation. Includes overrides and tie ins to bobs technologies and recipes. Depedencies: Vanilla or Full Bobs, Angels Refining and InfiniteOres"
hoho wrote:Just updated refining to 0.7.9, infiniteores to 0.6.9 and rso to 3.2.4 and now petrochem refuses to load up complaining about 'infinite-uranium-ore' being a nil value in petrochom-global-override.lua:49.

A dependency chain gone wrong, perhaps?
Update Petrochem to 0.5.6 please.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Arch666Angel wrote: Update Petrochem to 0.5.6 please.
Updated petrochem to 0.5.6 and smelting to 0.3.1, now the error is in petrochem-global-override at line 52 :)

Not to be an ass but don't you try to load up factorio after updating the mods? I'm a programmer myself and I'd never dare to commit code that I haven't at least compiled and ran once.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

hoho wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: Update Petrochem to 0.5.6 please.
Updated petrochem to 0.5.6 and smelting to 0.3.1, now the error is in petrochem-global-override at line 52 :)

Not to be an ass but don't you try to load up factorio after updating the mods? I'm a programmer myself and I'd never dare to commit code that I haven't at least compiled and ran once.
You are right, we modders need to test every possible combination of mods and settings that a user might have......... So your not to be an ass is being an ass. The solution. either don't use the mod or make one yourself.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Nexela wrote:You are right, we modders need to test every possible combination of mods and settings that a user might have
In this case, it's not "every possible combination", it's just that petrochem is flat out unusable as of now in *any* combination (got same error even with angelsinfiniteores mod disabled). At minimum, it'd be nice if modders would test a setup that includes their full modset to see if the game launches at all. Adds perhaps 5 minutes at most for testing but would have prevented several unneeded fights with the massively overloaded mod portal :)
Last edited by hoho on Sat May 13, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

deeje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deeje »

Hey Angel,
Using petrochem 5.6, i'm getting the infinite-uranium-ore(a nil value) error.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

if angelsmods.ores.enableinfiniteuranium then
			data.raw.resource["infinite-uranium-ore"].minable.required_fluid = "liquid-sulfuric-acid"
			end
this is causing the error, as you have removed infinite uranium ore. This is at line 51-53 and at line 72-74 in the file petrochem-global-override.lua

When commenting the lines out, or entirely remove it, works fine.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

While I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the base game, here's an inserter-jamming scenario that it feels like you should already have seen. So I'm wondering, what's the best way to avoid it?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47500

====

With the output set to a stone furnace, inserters appear to have two possible behaviours:
- If an item is being cooked, only grab the input to the currently cooking recipe
- Otherwise, grab any item which happens to match a possible recipe.

This fails if there are multiple recipes, some of which take N>1 instances of the input material. For example, with Angel's ore processing mod, iron ore (saphirite) is sorted into a total of three varieties of iron, two of which require multiples to be cooked. Accordingly, it jams.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

hoho wrote:
Nexela wrote:You are right, we modders need to test every possible combination of mods and settings that a user might have
In this case, it's not "every possible combination", it's just that petrochem is flat out unusable as of now in *any* combination. At minimum, it'd be nice if modders would test a setup that includes their full modset to see if the game launches at all. Adds perhaps 5 minutes at most for testing but would have prevented several unneeded fights with the massively overloaded mod portal :)
Well it has to run through 3 configurable things before it would error, changing one would prevent the error. I don't even want to know how many cases of different configurations I can generate.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Baughn wrote:While I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the base game, here's an inserter-jamming scenario that it feels like you should already have seen. So I'm wondering, what's the best way to avoid it?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47500

====

With the output set to a stone furnace, inserters appear to have two possible behaviours:
- If an item is being cooked, only grab the input to the currently cooking recipe
- Otherwise, grab any item which happens to match a possible recipe.

This fails if there are multiple recipes, some of which take N>1 instances of the input material. For example, with Angel's ore processing mod, iron ore (saphirite) is sorted into a total of three varieties of iron, two of which require multiples to be cooked. Accordingly, it jams.
Well it's the same case for vanilla Omni smelters where stone bricks and steel have input amounts greater than one. The solution is to either use filter inserters, or output to a box and have inserter only activate if there is a certain amount in the box, which isn't failsave but better then direct insertion. That's just how the furnaces work.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Arch666Angel wrote: Well it's the same case for vanilla Omni smelters where stone bricks and steel have input amounts greater than one. The solution is to either use filter inserters, or output to a box and have inserter only activate if there is a certain amount in the box, which isn't failsave but better then direct insertion. That's just how the furnaces work.
I don't have filter inserters researched, and I definitely don't have circuits. How do I handle this in the early game?

Return to “Angels Mods”