[MOD 0.17.x] NPUtils 4.33

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.18

Post by kaueNP »

Philip017 wrote:i appreciate your candor on this matter, i hope that it functions well for you in an automated situation.
i have found another mod to replace the previous function of the chunk evacuator, called quarry.

in another matter, the advanced light pole is a little weak for my taste but better than the regular light just a bit, a tiny bit, as for your massive lights, which i think more of as trophy's instead of lights, have the same light output as the advanced light, i would have thought them to be much more bright considering their footprint, but i understand the need for a large trophy to light up your pride and joy.

thank you again :D
Ok and Yes! is only thophys :)

achman741
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.20

Post by achman741 »

There is an error with lastest version 2.20: https://puu.sh/vEy9M/46720cca00.jpg
edit: a workaround is to set sprite resolution to high in graphics settings.

Nuclearz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nuclearz »

achman741 wrote:There is an error with lastest version 2.20
:( :( :( My graphics card does not support the option "resolution to high"

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

Nuclearz wrote:
achman741 wrote:There is an error with lastest version 2.20
:( :( :( My graphics card does not support the option "resolution to high"
Sorry,I forgot that Factorio Normal GFX option keep with 2048x2048 limit for GFX :( I will fix this !

WonderDog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.21

Post by WonderDog »

Using version NPUtils_0.2.21

DELETED polution stuff - :roll: I cant add up correctly

Your copper boiler seems to be missing.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

WonderDog wrote:Using version NPUtils_0.2.21

Copper Boiler is deleted :( what is wrong with pollution?

WonderDog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WonderDog »

kaueNP wrote:

I was playing about with the Alicane production chain as a power source and thought that the pollution was a high because of the stills. I actually made a mistake scaling to a full steam creator setup (3 farms 6 stills and 1 steam generator and misc machines) and only added half the required steam engines (200 steam consumption and not 400) and thought the total pollution of about 75 was too high for 11Mj when it should be 22Mj.

Using 8 of the cryamond engine it would produce just under 40 MW because of the very nice efficiency bonus

In the cryamond engine I would recommend you drop the fluid_usage_per_tick = 50 / 60 (0.833333) so max flow is 50 to balance with the Steam Creator nicely.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

WonderDog wrote:
kaueNP wrote:

I was playing about with the Alicane production chain as a power source and thought that the pollution was a high because of the stills. I actually made a mistake scaling to a full steam creator setup (3 farms 6 stills and 1 steam generator and misc machines) and only added half the required steam engines (200 steam consumption and not 400) and thought the total pollution of about 75 was too high for 11Mj when it should be 22Mj.

Using 8 of the cryamond engine it would produce just under 40 MW because of the very nice efficiency bonus

In the cryamond engine I would recommend you drop the fluid_usage_per_tick = 50 / 60 (0.833333) so max flow is 50 to balance with the Steam Creator nicely.
About pollution you can use my air purificator(our my OP enhanced air purificator ;) ) if ou use EVOgui your will see the pollution out :)

and about Cryamond Engine balance I will check! thanks for leave your opnion,some things in my mod need be balance but I dont have time to make much tests :( people like you are really helful ,thanks again

WonderDog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.23

Post by WonderDog »

I have just started liquid smelting tier 03 and it seems that it is a big increase in Power / Polution / Space than the T2.

The 50% increase in production per ore (3 plates vs 2) may not be worth it when production speed is half of the improved T2 furnaces. T3 is 1 plate/s and T2 is 2 plates/s

I have not looked at how convients piping molten metal about and cast on site to replace my belt

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.23

Post by kaueNP »

WonderDog wrote:I have just started liquid smelting tier 03 and it seems that it is a big increase in Power / Polution / Space than the T2.

The 50% increase in production per ore (3 plates vs 2) may not be worth it when production speed is half of the improved T2 furnaces. T3 is 1 plate/s and T2 is 2 plates/s

I have not looked at how convients piping molten metal about and cast on site to replace my belt
I rework in LV3 recipes times ,and I think this is a good setup:

Last edited by kaueNP on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

BylliGoat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.25

Post by BylliGoat »

Wow this mod has changed A LOT since I last played. It almost seems like a completely new bus might be necessary with all the intermediate products it introduces. Could you maybe post some photos of what a full base setup might look like that's taking full advantage of this mod? Maybe even throw some blueprint books on factorioprints.com?

BylliGoat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BylliGoat »

Honestly I think this mod would be served a great deal if it was integrated into the tech tree. Right now it's a little overwhelming trying to figure out where to progress with things.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

BylliGoat wrote:Honestly I think this mod would be served a great deal if it was integrated into the tech tree. Right now it's a little overwhelming trying to figure out where to progress with things.
First thing first,tanks for your feedback and sorry for this long delay to answer you :)
About the tech tree I will open a quest in oficial mods portal and will se the opinion of the guys and maybe create this tree

Sleeeper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.26

Post by Sleeeper »

Love this mod.

Image Image

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.26

Post by kaueNP »

Sleeeper wrote:Love this mod.

Image Image
Nice buildings ! I think a huge power gen in first print :D
anyway,thanks :!:

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] NPUtils 2.27

Post by doktorstick »

Howdy. I've started my first ever game with NPUtils. I know very little about the mod and am purposefully not reading about everything it adds... I want the experience to be a bit like playing Factorio for the first time. :)

One thing that struck me odd, though, was that with the NPUtils tech tree, I was able to produce steel before I researched "Steel". While I understand your machines allow a different mechanism to produce steel, it breaks the immersion being able to produce steel before researching "Steel". My preference is that your steel production isn't unlocked until research on "Steel" is completed.

Cheers,
/ds

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

doktorstick wrote:Howdy. I've started my first ever game with NPUtils. I know very little about the mod and am purposefully not reading about everything it adds... I want the experience to be a bit like playing Factorio for the first time. :)

One thing that struck me odd, though, was that with the NPUtils tech tree, I was able to produce steel before I researched "Steel". While I understand your machines allow a different mechanism to produce steel, it breaks the immersion being able to produce steel before researching "Steel". My preference is that your steel production isn't unlocked until research on "Steel" is completed.

Cheers,
/ds
Alright,I will probably fix that in next NPU Tech Update
Thanks and hope you enjoy NPU :!:

NekoDwarf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NekoDwarf »

Ths for this cool mod ! Have a question about space market to everybody i think. May be add to space market more possobilitys (buy) like science pacs ?
P.S. Sorry for my English.
P.P.S : Bob , Yuoki , Angel I love you.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

NekoDwarf wrote:Ths for this cool mod ! Have a question about space market to everybody i think. May be add to space market more possobilitys (buy) like science pacs ?
Maybe...I dont know,I really think Space Market is OP,but to use our wont its a player decision right? :)
Maybe in next update I increase Market List
Thanks
Last edited by kaueNP on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Djohaal »

This mod is beyond cool. Any news if it'll be update to 0.16? :D

Return to “Mods”