Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by EmperorZelos »

Yeah, logistics and add on! I want them before going for 0.15! Until then it is not worth it!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I changed the barreling to use the vanilla barrel recipes, but they go into the heavy pump -> renamed to barreling pump now. There is an option to turn on auto barreling, which makes the pump a furnace and hides the recipes.
Recipes are moved over to the fluid control tab along with the empty barrel, the tanks and the valves, might also move over pipes and small pump over time, so everything used for fluid handling is in one place/tab.

I did tweak a thing on the fluid boxes for all the autocrafting machines (clarifier, pump, flare) but I cant say if that has any influence at all, my guess is that it is some wonky behavior because of the fluid changes.

I will update all my mods, only have more RL stuff at the moment than usual, so please have a little bit more patience with me :)

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Arch666Angel wrote: I will update all my mods, only have more RL stuff at the moment than usual, so please have a little bit more patience with me :)
Of course I understand, just clarified your plans. :)

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Arch666Angel wrote:The plans for now are:

Maybes:
-Add fluid requirement to infinite ore mining (only infinites!)
Hi Angel, I'm just wondering if you've made a decision with regards to using fluid mining for infinites? And if you're not planning to do that would you be OK with someone else making an add-on mod with that feature?

xaegr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xaegr »

Hello, after last refining update I cannot load petrochem mod, error attached.
I have a huge mod list, including all yours and bobs, but it all worked fine day ago.
Do you need anything else to diagnose this?

Thank you for your mods!
Attachments
err_angels.png
err_angels.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 6767 times

razorts
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by razorts »

have same problem, cant load the mod

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Diedel »

The last round of updates makes the load again, haven't played it yet, guess those updates belong together.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

qwerter96 wrote:

Maybes:
Hi Angel, I'm just wondering if you've made a decision with regards to using fluid mining for infinites? And if you're not planning to do that would you be OK with someone else making an add-on mod with that feature?
I will add that and an option to turn it on/off in one of the next versions of infinite ores.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:

Maybes:
I will add that and an option to turn it on/off in one of the next versions of infinite ores.
Awesome! I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks!

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

also an possibility could be a fluid input in oil pumps as fracking.

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Diedel »

So far everything looks fine after the migration. One little warning though, the Cleaner will now only take water, it will take other fluid, like fuel oil, but will never get rid of them. Was using them all over my base and had to switch over to the flare stacks, looking much nicer anyway.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I updated the mod but I lost the technology Fluid Control
And I can not produce technology in barrels ..
What code to update the technology and recipes?

я обновил мод но у меня пропала технология Fluid Control
и не могу производить технологии по бочкам..
какой код что бы обновить технологии и рецептов

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

If the vanilla method is to be used from now on, then the vanilla barrels will need an update. They're impossible to tell apart.

Inventory barrel icons:

The nice icons from the barreling tab:

Angel + Vanilla barrel of the same chemicals on the belt:

If the barreling tab icons can be used in some way, that would make for a good global mod for everyone to use, if someone wants to work on that.

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

The barreling pump was missing from my world. I'd already researched fluid-handling. I fixed it with:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.recipes["barreling-pump"].enabled = true
A guide to planning your factory's space requirements:
1) Figure out how much space you need, double it to be safe.
2) Wrong! There's never enough space.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Light wrote:If the vanilla method is to be used from now on, then the vanilla barrels will need an update. They're impossible to tell apart.

Inventory barrel icons:
The nice icons from the barreling tab:
Angel + Vanilla barrel of the same chemicals on the belt:
If the barreling tab icons can be used in some way, that would make for a good global mod for everyone to use, if someone wants to work on that.
Vanilla barrels use the code from Omnibarrels mod, it copies the "main" color of the fluid icon as the barrel body color and the "offset color" as the barrel trim color, for the hydrocarbonites they all will look black barrel with white trim since those are the 2 colors of the fluid.

I don't see a way to "change" the vanilla coloring system since its made on the basemod, but I think that a simple override on the image or maybe override the item color table so when the function that makes the barreling grabs the color table of the item, it'll grab different colors for the fluids allowing them to be more diverse.

This is the function that creates the color:
base code
as you can see above, you have side_tint, side_tint_alpha, hoop_tint, hoop_tint_alpha, barrel_side_mask, barrel_hoop_top_mask and top_hoop_tint. Essentially you have to override 7 color variable that comes from the item color table and the fluid color table of that item, the combination of those 2 tables produces those 7 variables that are used to make the barrel colors. If you ever played with Uranium Power Mod and Omnibarrels you would notice that it has some recipes that have the same barrel colour but a tidy tiny bit of alpha difference that is hard to diferentiate.

The other option would be to just create a separate barreling system just like what angel already has.

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Diedel »

So, after starting a new game to try the angelslogistics a bit in 0.15 i am wondering if i am not supposed to or to stupid to mine uranium ore. I tried bobs only and the ore mining works fine, but if i add angels i just can't get it working. Is it supposed to not work, as i can get uranium ore in different other ways or is something wrong ? What i can see is that there is slightly different writing, the acid on the ore is with lower case "A", the one acid itself is with upper case "A", as there seems to be a "liquid-sulfuric-acid" and a "sulfuric-acid", but i can't find out what is wrong. (running all bobs and agenls mods that are out for 0.15 + angels logistics and compomnents)

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

There should be a simple bool option to remove all barreling recipes from the entire game though config. Fully optional and probably off by default.

Sorry if there already is and I haven't noticed.

YookoS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by YookoS »

Diedel wrote:So, after starting a new game to try the angelslogistics a bit in 0.15 i am wondering if i am not supposed to or to stupid to mine uranium ore. I tried bobs only and the ore mining works fine, but if i add angels i just can't get it working. Is it supposed to not work, as i can get uranium ore in different other ways or is something wrong ? What i can see is that there is slightly different writing, the acid on the ore is with lower case "A", the one acid itself is with upper case "A", as there seems to be a "liquid-sulfuric-acid" and a "sulfuric-acid", but i can't find out what is wrong. (running all bobs and agenls mods that are out for 0.15 + angels logistics and compomnents)
Got the same issue, just convert the angel's acid in the vanilla acid with the converter-valve of the PetroChem mod. Works fine for me.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

find bug

not technology in game
example codes in old game worked??

old map..
2017-05-10_12-11-07.jpg
2017-05-10_12-11-07.jpg (412.08 KiB) Viewed 6541 times

new map - worked. ((

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Permissions Please:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s287/sh/ ... e97f7a0f75

I'm currently using Petrochem assets in my Pharmaceutical Precursors mod:

Most production is now done in the Leafcooker and the Advanced Leafcooker (with sprites from your discarded work).
2017-05-10 (4).png
2017-05-10 (4).png (3.3 MiB) Viewed 6530 times
The remaining recipies are done in either Advanced Chemical Plants, Liquifiers or in Ore Crushers:

Liquifier Recipies:

Leaf washer (using Liquifier sprite graphics but in seperate prototype)
Coco leaves from wood (dummy production)
Ground coco leaves
2017-05-10 (3).png
2017-05-10 (3).png (2.52 MiB) Viewed 6530 times

Crusher recipes:

Lime Pebbles
Limedust

Crushed Manganese

2017-05-10 (6).png
2017-05-10 (6).png (3.51 MiB) Viewed 6530 times

Advanced Chemical Plant Recipes:

Manganese Dioxide
Ash
Potasium Nitrate
Potasium Hydroxide
Potasium Permanganate

Water cocain solution
Cocaine hydrocloride

2017-05-10 (5).png
2017-05-10 (5).png (1.96 MiB) Viewed 6530 times

This is all rather temporary and I want to make specific sprites for most or all of this.
I also want to get to some kind of alpha testing at some point and would like to make an anpha version available.
So I would need your permission to do that using the assets from your mods as listed above.

Can you grant permission?
You need further info?

A long term solution for some of the graphic needs for the mod would be to cheap down and dirty up some of your assets.
Would you be interested in doing that?
Would you let me do it based on the 4D assets (.obj)?

I want to be a bit pendantic about permissions both as a way of expressing my appreciation of your work and to satisfy my random urge towards pedantery.

Cheers
Lars aka Shenpen

Return to “Angels Mods”