can you make it possible to disable Red warning when taking

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

homucifer95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

can you make it possible to disable Red warning when taking

Post by homucifer95 »

can you make it possible to disable Red warning when taking damage, I'm epileptic and I can't play due to this ): i would be very thankful for this as I love these type of games but i can't play this without feeling ill due to the red warning when taking damage.

(i put this in another place on this site but i think i put it in the wrong place)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: can you make it possible to disable Red warning when taking

Post by ssilk »

Interesting. Maybe you can explain that a little better.

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22760 Support for Color Blinds / Better Visibility ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

I think that if the devs had just one more thing to implement, it should be this...
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Using the console, you can change the game to god mode, so that you play without a character (and therefore also can't take damage). This is described on the Factorio wiki on the following page:

https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Enable_god_mode

Maybe you will be able to play the game that way. However, this will disable achievements.

Before doing this, I suggest you empty your character's inventory into a chest, because everything in your inventory will be destroyed.

If you want to keep your player, you can also use the following command to make yourself invulnerable:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.character.destructible = false
The biters won't even attack you, they will simply ignore you, unless you attack them. However, the red flash will still appear when they attack you, even if it causes no damage.

An alternative would be to simply play without enemies. That way, you will only receive damage if you do something stupid, like get hit by a train or detonate a grenade near yourself. Since patch 0.15, you no longer require enemies to obtain science packs.

I have tested all of the above only with version 0.15 (experimental). I have not tested it with version 0.14 (stable version).

This Reddit thread also contains some information posted by a Factorio dev on this issue, however I am too unfamiliar with modding to understand what he is saying. I am unable to find the definition of the "character prototype" he is talking about.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Meanwhile, in this post, a Factorio staff member has shown another way to prevent the screen from flashing red.

Also, in this post, a forum moderator pointed out a mod that allows you to control the intensity of the damage warning.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”