Indicate techs with unavailable science packs

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Indicate techs with unavailable science packs

Post by Lav »

In the research window, indicate technologies that require science packs which haven't been unlocked yet. Player shouldn't be allowed to start research on these technologies.

Clicking on such technology in the research window should display a message explaining that player hasn't yet unlocked the necessary science pack production, and a hotlink to proceed to the relevant technology (maybe several hotlinks if it requires more than one type of still locked science pack).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Indicate techs with unavailable science packs

Post by Koub »

I'd even like to have explicit research to unlock research packs. Right now, if I aim for a specific research (let's say logistic network), I see the needed science packs, but I don't know what researches unlock these science packs (like you had to guess, back in 0.14, that science pack was unlocked by battery tech).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Slayn25 »

Koub wrote:I'd even like to have explicit research to unlock research packs. Right now, if I aim for a specific research (let's say logistic network), I see the needed science packs, but I don't know what researches unlock these science packs (like you had to guess, back in 0.14, that science pack was unlocked by battery tech).
+1

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Koub wrote:I'd even like to have explicit research to unlock research packs. Right now, if I aim for a specific research (let's say logistic network), I see the needed science packs, but I don't know what researches unlock these science packs (like you had to guess, back in 0.14, that science pack was unlocked by battery tech).
Yes, that would be nice. 0.14-and-earlier already had a specific unlick for the Alien Magic Science Potions.

With 0.15, the Red and Green ones are and should remain craftable by default, but there should be unlocks for the other normal ones (not the Rocket one, which I think is implicitly unlocked with an existing Rocket- or Satelite-related Tech already).

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

+1
Koub wrote:I'd even like to have explicit research to unlock research packs.
I lost half an hour looking for a tech that unlocks a science pack just to realize that I already unlocked it earlier without noticing... ^__^"
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

royce3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Tech Tree

Post by royce3 »

Some may disagree, but I think it's a bug that clicking on a required science kit in the tech tree doesn't take you to the technology that unlocks that science.

For example, say I'm looking at Power Armor MK2 and one of it's required science is "High Tech". I click on that and nothing happens. I then have to stumble around the tech tree trying to find where that science gets unlocked. The tech to unlock a science isn't always a required technology of the item that uses that science, so it can be hard to find.

As suggested, a simple fix is to be able to click on the science and be taken to the technology that unlocks it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic merged with another on a very similar if not same subject. Not a bug though.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

+1

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”