Tank rebalancing

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
ctrlaltdel02
Inserter
Inserter

Tank rebalancing

Post by ctrlaltdel02 »

The tank needs to be rebalanced, as further game progresses, as more useless it gets. Main downside is loosing its hull points. Wouldn't it be nice to work similar like power armor, where you can place modules in tank, for example shields, generators, turrets and so on. At least make tank shielded, because having MK2 armor with 4 reactors and 5-7pcs tier 2 shields make look tank like a toy.

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Tank rebalancing

Post by Mattyrogue »

I don't know if you've used the Tank recently, but it's literally the strongest it's ever been as of 0.15, I mean, someone on Reddit even went to lengths discussing how good it was in a Death-world scenario.

Really I think it's a matter of how you use it, and how it scales with other techs. I mean, sure, it'll suck ass if you're filling it with Basic Ammo with only level 1 or 2 Bullet Damage upgrades, but give it some decent ammo and respective upgrades, focus the Worms then Spawners and always be on the move, and it turns into a literal wrecking-ball second only to the Atomic Bomb.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

If you have a MK2 armor in a tank, you don't need to waste module space on shields or exoskeletons because the tank itself is your protection. Instead you can fit in more of the personal laser turrets which are now very powerful. Add a swarm of destroyer bot and construction bots to repair the tank using highly upgraded uranium ammo, i would say it will be stronger than going on foot. Only thing you can't use from tank is nuclear missile though, but explosive uranium shells should make a mess too. All this is expensive, but we are talking about endgame.

ctrlaltdel02
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ctrlaltdel02 »

I don't know, if I need to spawn bunch of destroyer bots to get it going, I don't feel it qualifies as tank. Can as well just run with fully shielded MK2 as well and don't think about repairing the tank because shields constantly charges up. I mean it's a TANK! it must be better than personal armor. Maby it is stronger than before, but for me it still always was just no go =/

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Notice that both bullet and cannon shells damage has infinite research. Each level of cannon shell upgrades increase damage 100%, might diminish in later levels but i'm not sure. You could destroy large swarms of behemoths with just tank machine gun later on. The cannon shell will 1-shot small areas of hives and worms.

ctrlaltdel02
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ctrlaltdel02 »

it's not about damage, no problem with that. Just that constantly need to repair it, and in that process repair drones get constantly shoot down. I don't mind repairing it, like after the raid, but forced to constantly repair it when you are full on attack... Just seems more relaxing to play in power armor and don't bother about it. It just doesn't seem right that tank feels like baby that needs to be watched at all the time. And it sounds more ridiculous when you on personal armor have shields, and on tank not. It's like: "I can make small enough 750kW generator + shielding that can go into your personal armor no problem (4x times), you want it for tank too? No, dude, to hard, just take Mcgyver tape and patch it up as you go, will be fine."

Jarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jarin »

Also, construction bots are a lot cheaper than destroyer drones, so losing a few is hardly the end of the world. Tank with uranium bullets and some proper bullet upgrades (not even counting space tech upgrades) and two roboports in your armor is basically unstoppable. And like someone else said, no need to carry your own shields means more personal lasers, which utterly mulch anything that gets close, leaving you free to focus on the big targets. Unless I'm dropping nukes, I always find it far easier to tankroll a hive than gear up with shields and drones and tackle it personally.

Return to “Balancing”