Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

Sry I cannot recreate that error, the mods in the versions you showed load up fine on my side. Did you change anything else? Are you on the most current version of factorio (0.15.6)?

Anton Gorodetsky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anton Gorodetsky »

Arch666Angel wrote:Sry I cannot recreate that error, the mods in the versions you showed load up fine on my side. Did you change anything else? Are you on the most current version of factorio (0.15.6)?
I have it set to stay at 0.15.4, but I'm updating to 0.15.6 and will let you know.

Anton Gorodetsky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anton Gorodetsky »

And it worked! Thank you.

Genrit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Genrit »

Great mods and I love the complexity. However ...

I seem to run into an issue after an Factorio update (or possible a Bob' or Angel Mod update). The technology "Fluid Handling" has disappeared even though I researched it (or I am pretty sure I did - so many techs to research so little time). In any case, a number of techs that required Fluid Handling cannot be researched such as "Fluid Wagon" (a base game tech). The research UI shows that all of the prerequisites are researched but it is still "red" on that screen.

After removing and adding back in each mod in my list one by one, it seems that Angels Refining seems to be the one that removes Fluid Handling. I don't know if my savegame is only the thing affected or all games.

Current using latest versions of Factorio (0.15.9) and latest versions of all of Angels and Bobs mods (except Warfare, which was just released.)

Any help with this would be appreciated!

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Genrit wrote:Great mods and I love the complexity. However ...

I seem to run into an issue after an Factorio update (or possible a Bob' or Angel Mod update). The technology "Fluid Handling" has disappeared even though I researched it (or I am pretty sure I did - so many techs to research so little time). In any case, a number of techs that required Fluid Handling cannot be researched such as "Fluid Wagon" (a base game tech). The research UI shows that all of the prerequisites are researched but it is still "red" on that screen.

After removing and adding back in each mod in my list one by one, it seems that Angels Refining seems to be the one that removes Fluid Handling. I don't know if my savegame is only the thing affected or all games.

Current using latest versions of Factorio (0.15.9) and latest versions of all of Angels and Bobs mods (except Warfare, which was just released.)

Probably an issue on your save. All fine on mine.
Confirm the pre-requesites, Automation 2 and Steel Processing.

also, try running the command /c game.player.force.reset_technologies() to see if it fixes it

Genrit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Genrit »

I tried the reset tech command. No luck with that.

I then made a new world but "Fluid Handling" does not show up in the tech list. I added in the stuff for a quick cheaty research system to see if there was an issue with just my savegame. One of the other techs that wasn't registering properly was "Fluid Handling 2" (A Bob tech). I have researched all of the prerequisites (according to the technology viewer) but Fluid Handling 2 shows in red.

I am not running anything other than Bob's and Angel Mods, RSO, Honk and a radar mod (Big Brother). It occurred after the 0.15.6 update I think. I am not sure what is going on with this.

Thanks!

deeje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deeje »

Genrit wrote:I tried the reset tech command. No luck with that.

I then made a new world but "Fluid Handling" does not show up in the tech list. I added in the stuff for a quick cheaty research system to see if there was an issue with just my savegame. One of the other techs that wasn't registering properly was "Fluid Handling 2" (A Bob tech). I have researched all of the prerequisites (according to the technology viewer) but Fluid Handling 2 shows in red.

I am not running anything other than Bob's and Angel Mods, RSO, Honk and a radar mod (Big Brother). It occurred after the 0.15.6 update I think. I am not sure what is going on with this.

Thanks!
I can confirm this problem. I'm unable able to research fluid handling or fuel wagons even though I have the prereq's researched.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Genrit wrote:Great mods and I love the complexity. However ...

Seconding confirmation. I cannot see the tech "fluid handling" in a new world.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Temporary solution for the fluid handling technology:

Comment line 112 in file prototypes/refining-override.lua inside agelsrefining.

Angels might not realized the full consequences of this at the time :P

deeje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deeje »

Genrit wrote:I tried the reset tech command. No luck with that.

Thanks!
This is fixed for me with the latest update from Angel. Thanks!

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

I'm confused by the 0.7.5 refining update, the fluid-handling technology changes and the settings controls.

If I start a new world with the default settings, the crafting tree shows all the fluid barreling recipes immediately enabled, but the research for barreling hasn't been done yet. The options->mods->angelsrefining section has "Use Angels barreling" (default on) and "Enable auto-barreling" (default off).

If I turn on "enable auto-barreling", the unresearched recipe spam goes away (!).

If I turn off "use angels barreling", I can't see any visible changes. All the permutations seem to require the heavy-pump to do barreling, even the vanilla fluids.

I looked at the code change and I'm even more mystified than before. It seems as though "use angels barreling" changes the implementation of the heavy-pump between an assembling machine and a furnace, while the "enable auto-barreling" toggle appears inverted - turning it on actually sets the hidden flag on the recipes, effectively turning them off. I have recollections of factorio crashing in the past when fundamental types of entities changed during the evolution of mods so this caused some raised eyebrows for me.

Before I get too far on a new world started today, what's the intention for these settings? I got burned with changes in angels barreling in 0.13/0.14 and would like to try and avoid a repeat if I can. What are the optimal settings for long term use on a new world?

I'm playing with all of bobs, angels (with petrochem) and a collection of other quality-of-life mods that shouldn't affect fluids or this part of the tech tree.
A guide to planning your factory's space requirements:
1) Figure out how much space you need, double it to be safe.
2) Wrong! There's never enough space.

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

I can't find a way to build Storage Tanks - normally unlocked via "Fluid Handling". These are used for fluid tankers. Is this intended?

(I'm using bobs+angels+petrochem+smelting. The most recent update is refining 0.7.5)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

My inet is dead at the Moment so in short:
I'll look into the clarifier and flare stack
The barreling options:
-use angels barreling: Use either the vanilla barreling (heavy pump and tech is disabled) or angels barreling (vanilla tech is replaced and heavy pump added)
-use auto barreling: Only takes effect if using angels barreling, changes heavy pump to furnace type and hides all barreling recipes. Should probably change it so recipes are not generated if vanilla barreling is used.

pederbonde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pederbonde »

I iam running angels refining 0.7.4 with petrochem 0.5.0 and bobsmods on factorio 0.15.9
I only got yellow waste water from flotation but not green yellow.
Have tried to reset recipies but no luck

by the way is there a way to check lua variables ingame

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

Arch666Angel wrote: -use angels barreling: Use either the vanilla barreling (heavy pump and tech is disabled) or angels barreling (vanilla tech is replaced and heavy pump added)
-use auto barreling: Only takes effect if using angels barreling, changes heavy pump to furnace type and hides all barreling recipes. Should probably change it so recipes are not generated if vanilla barreling is used.

It wasn't obvious to me what 'auto-barreling' was meant to do. Attempting to use it lead to messages like "Empty barrel can't be smelted" etc and I assumed it was a placeholder. I eventually discovered that it worked if you put a fluid in first. This is quite nice! It solves the problem I was having with the large number of barreling recipes causing the crafting window to overfill my screen. Is this intended to be a permanent feature? May I suggest changing the option name to "Smart Barreling" or adding a tooltip to the option that says that it causes the pump to select the recipe itself based on its inputs.

I have discovered that the 'use angels barreling' option cannot be changed on existing maps and this was the source of my confusion.

My existing bobs+angels+petrochem map was started with 'use angels barreling' enabled, so the 'Fluid handling' technology is missing. This means I cannot craft the vanilla storage tank or anything that uses it, such as the storage tank mk2, any of the fluid wagons, or even the angels petrochem tanker.

If I start a new world with angelsrefining 0.7.5 and 'use angels barreling' I see now that "storage tank" is moved to "Fluid control".

My existing world had already researched this tech and the storage tank wasn't retroactively enabled. In fact, the storage tank is entirely missing from 'Fluid control' on my world. The tech tree is broken and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Do you intend to keep both barreling mechanisms long term?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I'm still trying to sort some things, it seems there is either hickup in the functions or I derped somewhere, so still fixing and moving stuff around.

For the barreling: I wanted to keep my own version of barreling, but I changed my mind on that because it is probably more economic and less problematic to go with the vanilla barreling and do modification to that if necessary. So I need to work on converting the barreling to the base game barreling recipes, have it use the heavy pump that I will probably rename to something like barreling pump and then add the options for the auto barreling again.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:I'm still trying to sort some things, it seems there is either hickup in the functions or I derped somewhere, so still fixing and moving stuff around.

For the barreling: I wanted to keep my own version of barreling, but I changed my mind on that because it is probably more economic and less problematic to go with the vanilla barreling and do modification to that if necessary. So I need to work on converting the barreling to the base game barreling recipes, have it use the heavy pump that I will probably rename to something like barreling pump and then add the options for the auto barreling again.
I also think this is a better solution. Bob did the same and all other mods are expecting to use vanilla barreling mechanism. If you forced your own, you would break all other mods and you cant force them to use your system when your mod is present.

My suggestion is, release a new version of the mods where you rollback some of the problematic changes made today, where you also to the more urgent fixes, like using the settings instead of the old trigger variables, the acid correct amounts when processing the ores and other small fixes you did. Stabilize the mods and then, take your time to implement the barrelling changes, properly test your functions with time...

I feel you were pressed to release a version when 15 come out and since then you have been playing catch up to fix errors while trying to adapt to new mechanics and functionalities. Those changes need time for you to develop and test them properly or you end up releasing versions to fix some small bugs with half implemented functionalities that will cause chaos.

I am still using the previous version of your mods, with the small fixes I manually implemented to solve the settings problem. So far, only issue I still have, is the incorrect amounts of acids but its not game breaking since the proportion is still there. From what I can see, the previous version with settings,acid values and not disabling fluid barrelling fixes is a very stable release that you can release. Then do a fork of it and start your big changes keeping a copy of the actual one in case you need to release some quick band aid.

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

I've run this command:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.recipes["storage-tank"].enabled = true
to try and regain access to the missing tank recipe. It still doesn't show as an effect of "Fluid Control" but at least I can craft it now.

Is this likely to cause problems for me later?

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

Hmm. Instead, I did this:
- turned off the use-angles-barreling setting,
- turned ON the auto-barreling option to get the side effect of hiding the recipes,
- loaded my world originally created on angelsrefining 0.7.3 or 0.7.4, and

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies["fluid-handling"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.technologies["angels-fluid-barreling"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["angels-fluid-barreling"].enabled = false
Then I was able to research the fluid handling tech which unlocked the storage tank. It appears to be able to correctly barrel angels fluids the vanilla way. As expected, the heavy-pump recipe is gone. This appears to match the behavior that I see when I create a *new* world with these settings.

Could the heavy-pump be used for a special purpose? higher throughput barreling? I noticed it has a larger fluid buffer than the vanilla barreling. Or enable smart/auto-barreling for the heavy pump?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Do you plan to update the Angel's Logistics in the near future? This is the last mod I'm waiting for the start of a big campaign of 0.15. Since the Bob has already completed the upgrade of all its mods.

Return to “Angels Mods”