A new twist on the RPM mega base challenge

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

A new twist on the RPM mega base challenge

Post by Kelderek »

I'll never manage to do this myself, but some of the more adventurous of factorio players may be able to accomplish this goal:

Build a rocket per minute base AND enough of all the science packs of each color to use up the 1000 space science packs entirely in research labs every 60 seconds.

In other words, you would need 16.6/s for each color science pack and enough labs to handle it all -- a few hundred labs I would imagine, depending on how you module/beacon it all. The infinite science is conveniently all 60 seconds each and usually in multiples of 1000. Building a RPM base seems to have been a common end game challenge for mega bases, but now that there is space science I can envision taking it to a whole new level if you can use all that science for infinite research as fast as you receive it.

What do you guys think?

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: A new twist on the RPM mega base challenge

Post by Daid »

As rocket launches now have something useful to return, I figured this was the logical progression of the RPM bases. And you start measuring "space science processed per time" as metric for base size.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Yep. And for extra fun, do it with marathon recipes.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

With 100x multiplier

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

Certainly map settings and mods would make a difference one way or the other, but as a core idea, an RPM factory consuming all of its space science is a good place to start for a mega base challenge.

Return to “General discussion”